No announcement yet.

Fall 2011 TWDT Ratings

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Each league has it's own baseline. MM89 fell short of the best of the best in WB and Ease in Base according to raters. Simple as that. MM89 was closest, but the raters seemed to think there was a top tier of WBs and he was outside but pretty close.
    When I stab you, you stay stabbed.

T0MA> play like a man

Comment

Did turban rate himself, or who gives him this many points for nothing?
      Keith> you don't need to eat human to eat meat.
      Goddess> Keith
      Goddess> gonna eat you

We got Burg <ER> and Steak <ER>, i already told them Goddess has a huge appetite! ?go PIE -H.M.S. Stargazer

(disown)> he loved to give head

Comment

Btw i withdrawed from twdt 3 days ago. This is going to be a fail.
        Last edited by Reab; 08-30-2011, 04:14 AM.
        Keith> you don't need to eat human to eat meat.
        Goddess> Keith
        Goddess> gonna eat you

We got Burg <ER> and Steak <ER>, i already told them Goddess has a huge appetite! ?go PIE -H.M.S. Stargazer

(disown)> he loved to give head

Comment

ugh, actually if anything that type of rating cripples my chances of getting drafted early. this current system seems to punish multileague players very harshly, as it's much better of an idea to draft people that play very well at one league and can act as a filler/substitute in TWL level in their second league (aka dual league players), rather than drafting someone that's capable of playing in all three leagues at a decent and/or acceptable level.

in my defense, there's currently six people that have done the ratings for most of the players signed up for this division. i am included in those six, but by no means did i give myself maximum points in any league.
          • warbird (2.25/4.00) rating that i currently have is similar to the ratings of ardour, burg, rainbow seeker & royst in warbird. people like jaa, jones, sir spider & like 15 other warbirds are all rated above me for obvious reasons.
          • javelin (3.30/4.00) rating that i currently have is similar to the ratings of bender rodriquez, eelam, flared, necromotic & zidane in javelin. people like ease, megaman89 and evildeed are all rated above me for obvious reasons.
          • basing (3.38/4.00) rating that i currently have is similar to the ratings of ease, necromotic, tabarnak, m_m god & eelam. respectively, megaman89 and a bunch of other basers rated above me in a way or another.

seems accurate enough to me, and by no means does this mean the ratings are finalized. there's a lot of changes coming up (including, as i can now see, there's a bunch of people that has a total rating of 7 and 6 now -- which is on my level).

either way, going to work. you have access to the spreadsheet as well, reab, see for yourself. bai.

Comment

the ratings aren't that off. it just seems odd to be able to get the most dominant playoff warbird (riverside) for like 2 stars.
            TWDTJ & TWDTB FINALIST 2019

Comment

Eric Clapton
              "People fear what they can't understand, hate what they can't conquer."

"Cherry blossoms in the Spring, and starry skies in the Summer. The Autumn brings the full moon. The Winter brings the snow. These things make Sake taste good. If you don't like Sake, then there is something wrong with you." Seijuro Hiko

Comment

Originally posted by Turban View Post
                as it's much better of an idea to draft people that play very well at one league and can act as a filler/substitute in TWL level in their second league (aka dual league players), rather than drafting someone that's capable of playing in all three leagues at a decent and/or acceptable level.
                if each team is drafting 25 players minimum, you could easily get a playoff DT-B team (maybe 30 stars), DT-D team (20 stars) and a DT-J team (20 stars) - each line not having to play in any other league - and still have stars to spend for the hell of it. ofc this is assuming your picks all show.

you could pick up megaman 89 for 9 stars and have a 9-star weight on your team, or pick up three 3* players (a bird, a jav, a baser), you might lose a little overall talent but IMO it's a better tradeoff and would give you more flexibility with the in-game * requirements. not saying i wouldn't draft mega if given the chance though..

for the record this isn't a complaint - i've never been a draft cap before, i've played draft one season - and i'm gonna need all the help i can get and these ratings are perfectly flawed.
                NOSTALGIA IN THE WORST FASHION

internet de la jerome

because the internet | hazardous

Comment

Not sure how I got a rating of 5... I'm assuming I got either 1-3-3 or 1-4-2. Regardless, I am clearly a noob jav and a horrible baser, I think my value should be lowered to at best 1-3-1, maybe 1-2-1. Thank you.

- Fludd
                  Fludd:
                  TWLB Champion Season - 9
                  TWLJ Champion Season - 10
                  TWLJ Champion Season - 11
                  TWLD Champion Season - 12
                  TWLJ Champion Season - 12
                  TWLD Champion Season - 13
                  TWLJ Champion Season - 13
                  TWLJ Champion Season - 14
                  TWEL-J Champion Season - 4

Comment

Originally posted by Jerome Scuggs View Post

you could pick up megaman 89 for 9 stars and have a 9-star weight on your team, or pick up three 3* players (a bird, a jav, a baser), you might lose a little overall talent but IMO it's a better tradeoff and would give you more flexibility with the in-game * requirements. not saying i wouldn't draft mega if given the chance though..

for the record this isn't a complaint - i've never been a draft cap before, i've played draft one season - and i'm gonna need all the help i can get and these ratings are perfectly flawed.
                    It's a bit more delicate than that imo. He's 9* for a reason. He is technically top 1% in each ship, and will beat out each of your 3* in their respective leagues. On top of that, he can technically replace those 3 players with no loss if they are in different leagues. But, if he even misses 1 game, you're fucked since you are left with lower star players. If this were a TWL squad, i wouldn't trade an Ease for 3 one leaguers. Since he can replace each of them in their league.

I like that this is flawed, some key undervalued pickups will definitely be made. I already got my eye on a few guys I've always wanted to see own together. As well as a few guys who I know will mesh well. I'm thinking jav-wise we will have a few key role players (inner city knuckle-pucker, overweight goalie with adoration for wacky antics, restless and unrefined leader/captain, quiet but skilled winger who's just here for his friends, hotshot lawyer who could have gone all the way, etc.).

For all those who felt low-blowed by these ratings, the captains have their eyes on you!
                    4:BigKing> xD
                    4:Best> i'm leaving chat
                    4:BigKing> what did i do???
                    4:Best> told you repeatedly you cannot use that emoji anymore
                    4:BigKing> ???? why though
                    4:Best> you're 6'4 and black...you can't use emojis like that
                    4:BigKing> xD

Comment

i would argue, but to do so would require me to divulge who exactly i would pick to rival mm89 - i'll wait til after draft but i will contend now that with games on tues/wed/thursday, and sunday, megaman would have to have a pretty clear schedule for the next few weeks. (though if anyone were to play in every single game in every single division it would be mega, he's obv done it before) i'm betting that what i lose in skill, i gain in schedule flexibility.
                      NOSTALGIA IN THE WORST FASHION

internet de la jerome

because the internet | hazardous

Comment

yo, buy me out !

what a cheap newbie fuck i am. i cost 2 stars, last twdt i was costing 7. now im under people like "sir spider", "bonghits" and "zyphen" !!!
                        Last edited by schope; 08-30-2011, 07:13 PM.
                        8:I Hate Cookies> a gota dágua foi quando falei q eu tinha 38 anos e estava apaixonado por uma garota, mas a família dela n deixava agente namorar
                        8:I Hate Cookies> aí quando todo mundo me apoiou falando q o amor supera tudo, falei q a garota tinha 12 anos
                        8:I Hate Cookies> aí todos mudaram repentinamente de opinião falando q eu era um pedófilo
                        8:AnImoL> esses amigos falsos
                        8:SCHOPE NORRIS> o amor supera tudo. da até pra esperar a puberdade
                        8:I Hate Cookies> sim... fiquei desiludido schope...

Comment

i shoulda got moar starzzzz
                          In my world,
                          I am King

sigpic

Comment

mega fappin 2 this thread daily
                            1:Rasaq> i scrub really hard with toilet paper so little pieces of it get stuck to my anus hair and then later on when im watching tv i like to pull them out slowly because it feels pretty good

1:Mutalisk> heard that n1111ga okyo got some DSLs

Paradise> No names but there's actually a black man in the arena right now.

Jones> MAAAAN1111GA UCHIHA

Paradise> NO NAMES. NOT A SINGLE NAME.....but 3/6 of the players on Force are of a certain descent. I will not go any further.

Comment

one star?

overrated.
                              Fuck it.

Comment

just made a freestyle "9 star G," will post l8er
                                DICE TWLJ/TWLB SEASON 8 CHAMP
                                DICE TWLB SEASON 10 CHAMP
                                DICE TWLB SEASON 11 CHAMP
                                DICE TWLB SEASON 13 CHAMP
                                DICE TWLJ/TWLB SEASON 15 CHAMP
                                DICE TWLJ/TWLB SEASON 16 CHAMP

1:waven> i promised myself that the only way id ever roid
                                1:waven> is if im going to prison
                                1:waven> no one gonna try to rape me

Comment

Working...
                                X