Henry Saari Decision Tree

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Henry Saari Decision Tree

Since Henry deleted our posts and closed the thread after being called out on-topic for not doing his job as TWDT op (as usual), here's a helpful guide when you're wondering if something that needs to be done is being done:

top 100 basers list

How hard is it to follow up with hosts or captains to make sure all the boxscores are posted? You already do practically nothing. You put up the TWDT schedule, which takes like 45 minutes. Great work, man. You're the zone savior!

I sent you a massive list of players to contact, and you did nothing. Mythril ended up doing the work.

Oh and great job not letting Undercut back onto staff, not like we need experienced, dedicated veterans contributing or anything.

top 100 basers list

Comment

Deleting posts to cover it up is missing from the decision tree.

Comment

loool that was funny claus. so true , he has the personality of a rock and makes stupid decisions.. long live DSB... in our memories.
        TWDT-J CHAMPION POWER 2018
        TWDT-B CHAMPION POWER 2018
        TWDT TRIPLE CROWN MEMBER POWER 2018
        TSL TRIPLE CROWN FINALIST 2018
        TSLD CHAMPION 2018
        TSLB CHAMPION 2018

Comment

I think hosts used to have the responsibility of posting the scoreboxes for the arena they setup, but since Henry is configuring most of the arenas (while also playing in the matches), I imagine it's tough. I don't think all three arenas have a dedicated person overseeing each individually anymore.

I'd recommend that captains should also ?log=twdt-week-x.txt (as well as hosts) at the start of the match day so there's always a backup if needed.

We should really just decide who is responsible for the various scoreboxes so to eliminate lateness and duplicate posts.
          1) Henry alone - unrealistic. If he's in a game that finishes late he misses the other 2 arenas.
          2) Hosts & League Ops - it seems most hosts and league ops are also actively playing but it shouldn't be too hard to coordinate ONE scorebox poster on staff chat as the *zones go out.
          3) Captains - which captain though. doesn't fix duplicate posts in this case.
          4) Someone assigned to post them, chosen by captain - same as above.

The problem is relying on one person and assuming they're on it. I could try to run around all the arenas and catch every scorebox (since I'm not playing much this season) but if I miss one by accident then we're in trouble since everyone thought it was going to be taken care of and didn't bother to ?log

Or we could simply say the WINNING TEAM (either the captain or someone who offers) gets the honor of posting the scorebox and this is a rule set in stone. It would actually be good to always know who the task belongs to - more organized.
          Best> Para is the only guy i know who can put a quarter up his nostrils lol

Comment

(Obviously we will automate this ridiculous task in the future as the websites evolve)

Oh, alternatively we could extend the bots with a !scorebox command to dump the scorebox but that may be tricky since these games aren't easily identified in the database. They do get stored but not with a public identifier (like how every single game has an ID on the twdt website 1-99). The command would probably have to look like !scorebox <arena> <team1name> <team2name> or something - and which bot would you PM? Doable but I doubt it's worth the time spent.
            Last edited by Wirah; 01-29-2019, 08:30 AM.
            Best> Para is the only guy i know who can put a quarter up his nostrils lol

Comment

Wirah, last season i 'annoyed' the captains or the whole teams to post the scoreboxes. I dont even see Henry atempting anything. The first week i asked around on capchat and pm when missing, Henry never replied. Thank God the caps did respond. Last week i pmed Henry again after that twdtj was missing, twdtb i was already offline. But Henry never responds. The guy wants to be on top of shit so badly, but doesnt do the work.
              its not that hard to have someone post it. I see people from most teams posting here on forum, but gladiator. Hence why its always them who is missing 75% of the time.

Comment

5. Automate the fucking thing.

Comment

Originally posted by Majorcrisis2 View Post
                  Wirah, last season i 'annoyed' the captains or the whole teams to post the scoreboxes. I dont even see Henry atempting anything. The first week i asked around on capchat and pm when missing, Henry never replied. Thank God the caps did respond. Last week i pmed Henry again after that twdtj was missing, twdtb i was already offline. But Henry never responds. The guy wants to be on top of shit so badly, but doesnt do the work.
                  its not that hard to have someone post it. I see people from most teams posting here on forum, but gladiator. Hence why its always them who is missing 75% of the time.
                  Exactly. It's not fucking hard to ask caps to post boxscores in the TWDT captains chat.

Everyone I talk to says he doesn't respond in that chat, and about 20 different accounts of him not responding to PMs. I had the same experience back in the day.

The only time he's ever PMed me was to flex his Dean of Staff title, and to let me know I was welcome to do all the work in TWDT while he's in charge.

I bet he responds to every Qan PM within seconds and with a nice little smiley face, though.

He's a kissass climber who is interested in being in charge but not doing the work.
                  top 100 basers list

Comment

He does usually respond to me lol, maybe he doesn't like you, can't imagine why

Comment

As the person who's been working with Henry behind the scenes with this TWDT, I feel like I need to defend him here. Henry is a very valuable asset with what he does. His biggest problem is his lack of communication, and I've told him as much, but he's just not interested in ever getting into these public feuds. His approach is "my work will do the talking."

The problem with that mentality is all of his work is mostly unseen by the community. He's doing a lot behind the scenes, from hiring/firing staff and all the busy work required to keep things running everyday. He's running TWDT every Sunday by himself while I do literally nothing but handle my squad's games. He's also provided a lot of input that's changed my thinking on a few things and made me realize some blind spots. But the reality is, nobody wants his job. There's thankless jobs, and then there's the one Henry finds himself in. It can't be very fun.

Should he be assigning people to post scoreboxes for each game? That's probably a better idea than handling it alone. But literally anyone in the arena has the ability to simply copy and paste their scorebox to the forums, and we were only missing one. We can all chip in, as Ogron has with updating standings, team sheets and hot or nots. Community help is always appreciated.
                      PattheBat> steadman your name is literally "a mean std"
                      ogron> CM,OPN NMKAN

Comment

lol, some very different public statements than the ones said in private. i'll leave it at that.
                        top 100 basers list

Comment

Heh, sorry I can post my teams games now - I just am lazy/dont care to look at scores but I guess they are important so that someone can let us know we went 2-10 in week 2 of TWDT 2020 vs CumShot34
                          TRENCH WARS BILLIONAIRE
                          (THX TO CHEECHOO/JURASSIC/EKKO/CUBONE27/BOMBED/SPOOKEDONE/AS BLOOD RUNS BLACK/GENERAL CHANG/LF/SPRACKLE/TEMUJIN/MERCEDES)
                          PRO FESTIVAL BUYERS:HAWTHORNE/PUREOWNAGE
                          AND OFC DUEL2 PARTNER CRIPPLE

Comment

Can we just fucking get rid of henry saari this mother fucker is a straight up goof ball.......kid dont even belong in our fucking zone and hes a big time scrub. Bring back pure_luck
                            Geio> Down to chill and play that
                            Best> rather log off and attempt to suck my own d

Comment

Originally posted by Claushouse View Post
                              lol, some very different public statements than the ones said in private. i'll leave it at that.
                              lol.

Comment

Working...
                              X