Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Wanted! Someone please fix the spawns in twdd.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by beam View Post
    just played 2 dd's tonight got spawned 0 times and don't hear anybody else complaining about spawn radius so it sounds like it's more of a personal problem
    Was bored and decided to check out these '2 dd's' you played because I didn't remember seeing you at all last night.

Verdict. You played a single round as a borrow.

Get the fuck out of here man lol

Comment

Originally posted by qan View Post
      We figured out that the spawn change isn't viable because it impacts the game substantially. A better approach is probably one of the other solutions mentioned. The only one that wouldn't change the impression of the safe zone around the edges is to check positions and spawn players away from enemies.
      This is good idea.. would be great to see.

The other idea I always supported was to emulate the ?go duel and ?go duel2 spawnbot based on time of death after last kill. As long as it buffs both teams time for kills equally afterwards..So... Say 2 seconds where neither the player being respawned or his enemy can kill each other in the spawnkill no count timeframe window. To me this would be the fairest and most ideal.

If all this is too much I guess the biggest radius for spawns is best.
      TWDT-J CHAMPION POWER 2018
      TWDT-B CHAMPION POWER 2018
      TWDT TRIPLE CROWN MEMBER POWER 2018
      TSL TRIPLE CROWN FINALIST 2018
      TSLD CHAMPION 2018
      TSLB CHAMPION 2018

Comment

Originally posted by Grasps View Post

Congrats to finally getting out of spec and playing a game! Am always on and missed it somehow, shame.

I don't understand why every thread I make trying to help this game you come in and shit all over it. Seems like you have a personal vendetta and I've always been straight with you so not sure why but good on you if it makes you feel better.

I'll just put this bluntly--if this doesn't get addressed I quit.

I am trying to help this game. Really am. I love this game. I've joined staff, I am constantly on here offering help or ways to improve. I am always out to help. I play every single night whether am sick, healthy, w/e. But I am not going to continue getting spawned numerous times a game. Not to mention the eats from lagcheats that i'll leave nameless as not to derail this thread.

No way. I've been putting up with this garbo long enough holding out we'd address and fix it but if not, then am out. Am done with this game if it's going to remain like it is. Sorry not sorry.
        nothing against you man but qan has stated multiple times that his time is very limited recently and I'd rather him spend it on things that are actual problems with the zone instead of the spawn radius in twdd which only you seem to have an issue with
        Jessup> saiyan and i had steamy cyber sex once

Streak Breaker Grizzly Beam

Don't Poke the Bear.

Comment

This might come down to play style.

As mentioned, the problem with expanding the radius is that it removes the relative ring of safety around the edge, which experienced players use as a way to protect against being spawned. In a sense, expanding the spawn slightly reduces the chance of getting spawned overall in exchange for removing of this well-established zone of safety.

I'd forgotten about another solution, which is: to have kills/deaths within the first 2-4 seconds of spawn just be a no-count for kills or deaths. The problem with this is that it throws off F2 score displays. However, many people use the automated tracking feature to determine deaths remaining anyhow. If this would be worth considering as an option, it's an extremely simple change.
          "You're a gentleman," they used to say to him. "You shouldn't have gone murdering people with a hatchet; that's no occupation for a gentleman."
          -Dostoevsky's Crime and Punishment

Comment

Originally posted by qan View Post
            I'd forgotten about another solution, which is: to have kills/deaths within the first 2-4 seconds of spawn just be a no-count for kills or deaths. The problem with this is that it throws off F2 score displays. However, many people use the automated tracking feature to determine deaths remaining anyhow. If this would be worth considering as an option, it's an extremely simple change.
            YES! Can we get this going now to test it out? I know i've stopped pressing F2 to check deaths now that I can look at them above radar. Would imagine most players use that over F2. Am stoked that this is an easy thing to try too, was worried it would be too complex and you wouldn't be able to do it due to time constraints/more pressing matters. Right on!

Comment

OK -- if you'd like to propose trying that, though, let's do it a bit more cleanly, rather than in an archived forum of a different league. It's a pretty significant change, so I'd like to see at least no massive opposition to trying it out.

Can you post a very short thread in the TWD forum proposing the change, making it clear you'd like to run a test to see how it plays in DD/JD?
              "You're a gentleman," they used to say to him. "You shouldn't have gone murdering people with a hatchet; that's no occupation for a gentleman."
              -Dostoevsky's Crime and Punishment

Comment

Working...
              X