No announcement yet.

Missing Score Boxes

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Obviously we do extensive exception handling. I'm not certain why the Slack code didn't throw an exception. I'm guessing the I/O stream locked up somewhere, possibly while trying to get the contents of the error stream when it didn't get a 200 status code. Nothing was immediately apparent when I did a review earlier and also now.

I'll move the scorebox display after the game being stored, though. No reason not to. Well, actually, some reason not to; this code is ancient and written almost exclusively by computer science students and amateur enthusiasts who are still learning how to code. So it doesn't exactly follow best practices. Sometimes a method that indicates it's only displaying scores might actually modify things ... goofy stuff like that. In this case it looks to be safe, though.
    "You're a gentleman," they used to say to him. "You shouldn't have gone murdering people with a hatchet; that's no occupation for a gentleman."
    -Dostoevsky's Crime and Punishment

Comment

How lucky we are to have Lord Qan and not some amateur enthusiast.
      You come at the King, you best not miss.

Comment

MHz That's exactly what I am, actually. Never pretended that I do this for a living. I wasn't trying to be condescending, either; just expressing the reality of the state of our code and the cause.
        "You're a gentleman," they used to say to him. "You shouldn't have gone murdering people with a hatchet; that's no occupation for a gentleman."

Comment

qan Haha, I thought you might interpret that as sarcasm. It wasn't!
          You come at the King, you best not miss.

Comment

Fair enough, but I am still an amateur!

Comment

Originally posted by qan View Post
              Obviously we do extensive exception handling. I'm not certain why the Slack code didn't throw an exception. I'm guessing the I/O stream locked up somewhere, possibly while trying to get the contents of the error stream when it didn't get a 200 status code. Nothing was immediately apparent when I did a review earlier and also now.

I'll move the scorebox display after the game being stored, though. No reason not to. Well, actually, some reason not to; this code is ancient and written almost exclusively by computer science students and amateur enthusiasts who are still learning how to code. So it doesn't exactly follow best practices. Sometimes a method that indicates it's only displaying scores might actually modify things ... goofy stuff like that. In this case it looks to be safe, though.
              3:Wax> ard and i snapchat all the time
              3:Wax> we play virtually tummysticks
              3:i.d.> da fk is that?
              3:Ardour> we basically are each others personal psychologist
              3:Shadowmere> i.d., Wax breaks keyboards playing SubSpace. Best not ask him what anything is.
              3:Wax> Tummy sticks is the situation, commonly referred to as a game, in which two erect men cuddle closely and face-to-face causing their two erect penises, or sticks, to push upwards between their stomachs, or tummys.
              3:Wax> Sticks combine with tummys, hence the name "tummy sticks."
              3:Shadowmere> LOL
              3:i.d.> Oddly, that's close to what I thought it was...

Best> I never cooked a day in my life

Deft> beat by a guy who plays ss on his cellphone
              Shadowmere> Rofl
              Up in ya !> With his feet
              Deft> no kidding, redefining l44t
              Up in ya !> l44t feet
              Deft> l44t f44t*
              Up in ya !> Twinkle toes
              Deft> he had l33t f33t but he practiced

Comment

Originally posted by Grasps View Post
                Think the lesson we need to take away from this is if bots are having issue, captains need to log/screenshot boxes. It's surprising we haven't come to such a conclusion sooner as this is definitely not the first time this has happened and won't be the last. Maybe we should just make it mandatory whether or not boxes are being logged? Thoughts?
                i did take screen shots but they didnt save for some reason

Comment

Originally posted by mean gene View Post
                  i did take screen shots but they didnt save for some reason
                  Might not be this, but I've had this experience before, the answer was:

You expect screenshots to be in:
                  C: \Program Files (x86)\Continuum\screenshots

But they're actually in:
                  C: \Users\<your username>\AppData\Local\VirtualStore\Program Files (x86)\Continuum\screenshots

A handy way to not have to deal with that again is to create a shortcut to:
                  C: \Users\<your username>\AppData\Local\VirtualStore\Program Files (x86)\Continuum\screenshots
                  in
                  that way when you go looking for them you'll find them

note there are spaces after C: to stop the forum making smilies.

Comment

Originally posted by Rab View Post
                    Might not be this, but I've had this experience before, the answer was:

You expect screenshots to be in:

But they're actually in:

A handy way to not have to deal with that again is to create a shortcut to:
                    in
                    that way when you go looking for them you'll find them

note there are spaces after C: to stop the forum making smilies.
                    theres no appdata selection after i click on my username

Comment

theres no appdata selection after i click on my username
                      It's a hidden folder.

3:Wax> ard and i snapchat all the time
                      3:Wax> we play virtually tummysticks
                      3:i.d.> da fk is that?
                      3:Ardour> we basically are each others personal psychologist
                      3:Shadowmere> i.d., Wax breaks keyboards playing SubSpace. Best not ask him what anything is.
                      3:Wax> Tummy sticks is the situation, commonly referred to as a game, in which two erect men cuddle closely and face-to-face causing their two erect penises, or sticks, to push upwards between their stomachs, or tummys.
                      3:Wax> Sticks combine with tummys, hence the name "tummy sticks."
                      3:Shadowmere> LOL
                      3:i.d.> Oddly, that's close to what I thought it was...

Best> I never cooked a day in my life

Deft> beat by a guy who plays ss on his cellphone
                      Shadowmere> Rofl
                      Up in ya !> With his feet
                      Deft> no kidding, redefining l44t
                      Up in ya !> l44t feet
                      Deft> l44t f44t*
                      Up in ya !> Twinkle toes
                      Deft> he had l33t f33t but he practiced

Comment

Originally posted by Shadowmere View Post

It's a hidden folder.

cool. found a ss of a racist spam from pee pee sock, nice!

but its not showing the screenshots from last sunday.

Comment

cool. found a ss of a racist spam from pee pee sock, nice!

but its not showing the screenshots from last sunday.
                          so it turns out i cant ss in windowed mode
                          just did a little experiment
                          makes sense as to why they didnt save from last sunday. rip

Comment

so it turns out i cant ss in windowed mode
                            just did a little experiment
                            makes sense as to why they didnt save from last sunday. rip
                            In Windowed mode wouldn't a screenshot just save it to the default location for the OS? On macOS it's the Desktop. Try having a look in Pictures/Photos on Windows.
                            Best> Para is the only guy i know who can put a quarter up his nostrils lol

Comment

Originally posted by Wirah View Post
                              In Windowed mode wouldn't a screenshot just save it to the default location for the OS? On macOS it's the Desktop. Try having a look in Pictures/Photos on Windows.
                              I play Windowed, it saves screenshots to:
                              C: \Users\<username>\AppData\Local\VirtualStore\Progr am Files (x86)\Continuum\screenshots

Also, might be different for Steam installs idk.

Comment

Just copies to the clipboard, usually.

Using ?logbuffer (logname) will save recent text to a log. Use it any time you think you might need to save something. Definitely smart after any match.

Also, all staff members have ?log in their autocommands because it's required in order to be a member of staff, so if you have trouble finding a log, you can figure out who on staff was in the arena at the time. I very strongly recommend everyone uses ?log in their Auto (found under Profile before entering a zone). My logs aren't even 100MB for the last 2ish years. It's nothing. And as a bonus, you can look back on any conversation you've had in the game. Incredibly useful.

Comment

Working...
                                X