Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

are ppl beink spimmed by bots 24/7 n is ther sum sort of splash screen sayink to signup when sum1 logs into trinch wirs? how cud it b so difficilt 2 retrief playirs the game isnt completely dead

Comment

Originally posted by viop11 View Post
      ... the game isnt completely dead
      The TWD activity chart begs to differ. There hasn't been a BD in like a week. We can argue about the reasons but the game has seen activity nosedive since TWL wrapped up.

Part of the problem with TWDT is that the usual top-tier players haven't signed up for this season and I would venture to guess that there's a lot of 'these three people didn't sign up so it's not a real season so I'm not signing up.' Part of it is also that we're going into the Summer and everyone's been locked inside for a year.

Maybe some kind of low-stakes league can be set up that combines TWD and EG baseduel/dueling. Make it unscheduled, just have TWD teams compete for a TWD+ Title. This idea presents its own issues in terms of bot development, but I'm just spitballing ideas that might invigorate things a little bit.
      Vehicle> ?help Will the division's be decided as well today?
      Message has been sent to online moderators
      2:BLeeN> veh yes
      (Overstrand)>no
      2:Vehicle> (Overstrand)>no
      2:BLeeN> ok then no
      :Overstrand:2:Bleen> veh yes
      (Overstrand)>oh...then yes

Comment

format should be changed, tentatively push start back until a certain amount of people sign up. i disagree with rab's premise to wait until TWD is active again, TWD won't be active again unless there's something to play for.

Comment

a2m and pineapple have pretty much summed up how I feel. I haven't signed up because I have no intention of clearing my schedule every Sunday this summer for this game, and it would be unfair to the caps to go into the draft planning on this.

So yeah, it is a dick move to post and say that I want to have my cake and eat it too, but I think a lot of people would happily sign up and then show when they could if that were an option. A weekly borrow pool or anything along those lines would compromise the integrity of any league, but it would allow for a league.

Comment

Originally posted by zidane View Post
            format should be changed, tentatively push start back until a certain amount of people sign up. i disagree with rab's premise to wait until TWD is active again, TWD won't be active again unless there's something to play for.

Originally posted by scurvy and a bunch of other people
            I haven't signed up because I have no intention of clearing my schedule every Sunday this summer for this game, and it would be unfair to the caps to go into the draft planning on this.
            Could just have fewer/larger teams.

Draft is scheduled for 3 weeks from now and there are 65 people signed up. zidane, you're not even on the list. Delay until a certain amount of people sign up and maybe that'll encourage people to bother their friends. Look through the names on the list, there are a lot of 'regulars' who haven't bought in.
            Vehicle> ?help Will the division's be decided as well today?
            Message has been sent to online moderators
            2:BLeeN> veh yes
            (Overstrand)>no
            2:Vehicle> (Overstrand)>no
            2:BLeeN> ok then no
            :Overstrand:2:Bleen> veh yes
            (Overstrand)>oh...then yes

Comment

Originally posted by zidane View Post
              Indeed on last part.

The format.... Well yea it doesn't make me sign up. With the current situation its 99% sure i wont get to play on sunday. Yea i know there are those weekdays, but i cant make those due to workschedule. The sundays are hard enough for me. Also summer coming, less restrictions due to covid. I can see why ppl dont signup. Especially the usa/Canada ppl who have to play in the afternoon.

I would go back to the old system, max-max-8-7-6. Or you could make it max-max-9-8-7, or anything like that.

Comment

Agree with Scurvy and others, I just wanna show up and play when it suits me, preferably with different teams every time.

I think TSL is the closest to that. Need Jessup to post huge apology to Ogron for trying too hard so he'll run it again.

A TWL run-it-back, one day tournament for each league, woulda been fun.

Comment

IN - Warrior
                  Rasaq> thanks, Divine, for allowing me provide my oral support
                  Rasaq> err moral

Comment

Working...
                  X