This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

This appeal has been rejected. My reasoning:

I've chosen to look at 2 parts of Tinys appeal. First, that he lagged out due to server lag, and secondly that the lag out tipped the scale and caused his team to lose.

For the first part, the server lag affected all players relatively equally, in a way that did not disproportionately affect team Pure Luck. Essentially, there was no rule broken that disadvantaged Tiny. It's a standard risk in a 20 year old game that there will be lag.

For the second argument, it's unfortunate that this happened while you were at 9 deaths, but the timing of a lag out is not an appealable offence. If it were, the leagues would be flooded because there is no such thing as a convenient lag out. Playing 4v5 is damn inconvenient, but not game breaking, as evidenced by the fact that your team still fought hard for another 6 minutes after you were eliminated. In the end, you lost because you had a player go 3-10, not because you lagged out before several of your teammates reached 10 deaths. I cant see the argument that Tinys continued presence in the game (on 9 deaths) accounts for +6 kills.

Code:
    [TWDTJ3]  Pure Luck vs. ScumBigs              44 - 50                           22 Nov 2020 20:30:34
    ,--D*--------------------,-------K----D---R1-R2-R3-R4---TK---Rtg--LO---Note------------------Time--.
    |   41 Pure Luck        /       37 | 50 | 11 19  4  3 |  4 | 415 | 0 | Lose (-6)             16:10 |
    |----------------------'           |    |             |    |     |   |                             |
    |    7  banzi                    7 | 10 |  1  5  1  0 |  3 |  70 | 0 | KO > zeebu            12:20 |
    |    7  Dak                      3 | 10 |  1  1  1  0 |  0 |  67 | 0 | KO > Geio             13:05 |
    |  7.5  Raples                   8 | 10 |  1  6  1  0 |  0 |  98 | 0 | KO > temujin          15:13 |
    |  9.5  Tiny                    11 | 10 |  6  4  1  0 |  0 |  93 | 0 | Elim by disconnect     9:46 |
    |   10  zidane                   8 | 10 |  2  3  0  3 |  1 |  87 | 0 | KO > Geio             16:10 |
    +------------------------,---------+----+-------------+----+-----+---+-----------------------------+
    |   41 ScumBigs         /       45 | 44 | 16 16 11  2 |  7 | 510 | 0 | Win (+6)              16:10 |
    |----------------------'           |    |             |    |     |   |                             |
    |    9  apricot                  7 | 10 |  0  4  2  1 |  1 |  82 | 0 | KO > zeebu            11:09 |
    |    8  Bacon             <MVP> 12 | 10 |  0  7  5  0 |  2 |  99 | 0 | KO > Raples           12:30 |
    |    8  Geio                    10 |  7 |  6  3  1  0 |  0 | 124 | 0 |                             |
    |    9  temujin                  5 |  8 |  3  1  1  0 |  1 |  91 | 0 |                             |
    |    7  zeebu                   11 |  9 |  7  1  2  1 |  3 | 114 | 0 |                             |
    `------------------------------------------------------------------------I=IN---O=OUT---#=DEATHS---'
    I'll close this thread sometime this afternoon to allow for some good spirited feedback. If things turn nasty I will close it.

Comment

Vio> sukdik
      Geio> Down to chill and play that
      Best> rather log off and attempt to suck my own d

Comment

I accept this, but i want to comment on a couple things

Originally posted by WillBy View Post
        This appeal has been rejected. My reasoning:

For the first part, the server lag affected all players relatively equally, in a way that did not disproportionately affect team Pure Luck.
        I dc'd and got KO'd from the lag affecting everyone equally, so you arguement is pure shit.

Originally posted by WillBy View Post
        you lost because you had a player go 3-10, not because you lagged out before several of your teammates reached 10 deaths. I cant see the argument that Tinys continued presence in the game (on 9 deaths) accounts for +6 kills.
        Our low star player FINISHED 3-10 as the team went down a player, losing the only person (from the stats) killing anyone and pushing the game, so that would be also a terrible argument, and what does that mean my presence would affect a game for 6 kills? A high star player knocked out leaving a team 4v5 to get picked apart couldnt account for a couple of kills and then slowly teaming out the rest for +6 kills?

I hope to god these aren't the real reasons for denial, because they are terrible. Please be more clever.

Also, you are acknowledging the server lag, thats good.......and did you say 4v5 is not gamebreaking? 9 out of 10 games in dueling are won by whoever KO's the first player. Everyone and anyone who has won anything here knows that.

God damn, the more I read this, the more you seem uninformed about how league games play out.
        Last edited by Tiny; 11-25-2020, 01:12 PM. Reason: edit
        1:waven> u challenge
        1:waven> if i challenge it looks too scary

Originally posted by MHz
        Hope you contract ebola from your, no doubt cheap, Easter Egg, you fucking shit-jav, pug-faced cunt.

Comment

The decision on the appeal might have been correct, but the grounds for it seem severely faulty. I don't know how you can make an argument that a 9.5* player leading his team in kills in a close game being eliminated due to lag is not gamebreaking. And if the lagout can be directly attributed to the server crash, then it seems to be pretty cut and dry..
          I'm also not sure what the score was when Tiny was eliminated, but just because the final outcome was -6 differential, that doesnt really take into account what could have happened had he been able to remain in and potentially make an impactful kill or two to change the tide of the match.

I'm not even saying the appeal shouldn't have been rejected. It's nearly impossible to determine or quantify how much the server lag impacted individual players and squads disproportinately. I just don't agree with the logic used for the denial.

Asia Minor> see you sunday fuckers
          Asia Minor> maybe not
          Asia Minor> i hope you guys lose
          bloodzombie> I hope your mom fucks you while you sleep
          bloodzombie> every time you have a wet dream, it's really your mom fucking you
          bloodzombie> remmeber that next time
          bloodzombie> seriously

Comment

fair 2 quistion the ligic howefir u cant quistion that pure luk has extremely low testistirin as a team n thats y they lostid 2 superior playirs and bettir humin beinks

Comment

i have more testosterone in the purple vein of my left teseticle than does your entire team and i doubt if any of you could last 2 minutes in my shoes.

And if the lagout can be directly attributed to the server crash, then it seems to be pretty cut and dry..
              u seem to be having trouble so ill help you out with the context clues found scattered everywhere throughout this thread: IT CANT. its a good decision. case closed.

The Mind of the Father
              Riding on the subtle guiders
              Which glitter with the inflexible tracings
              Of relentless Fire

Comment

Thread closed.

Comment

Working...
                X