Raise the Star Cap

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Raise the Star Cap

The quality of games has gone down, and given the influx of talent from FA there's no reason not to use the very successful and higher quality 42/42/69 from last season.

ty.
    top 100 basers list

Agreed every team in base had someone you would never see im bd let along go base. pretty shit to shoq up to have worse games then a wednesday night at 8pm. We discuessed this with Dwopple already but for some reason that guy is afraid of any idea that isnt his and afraid of making a good league

Comment

Yeah, I would even say to moving it to 43 43 70 with the huge rosters and only 6 teams.
      Best warbird to ever enter trenchwars

Comment

TWDT HYPE

Comment

Originally posted by MousE View Post
          Agreed every team in base had someone you would never see im bd let along go base. pretty shit to shoq up to have worse games then a wednesday night at 8pm. We discuessed this with Dwopple already but for some reason that guy is afraid of any idea that isnt his and afraid of making a good league
          Agreed, Dwopple is biased because he is a squad captain. Guy is scared to vs me on Klean-X forcing me to use Stek a name I didn't even sign up with on the league.

Comment

Agreed every team in base had someone you would never see im bd let along go base.
            I don't play leagues but isn't this the whole point of TWDT?

Comment

Exactly what hak said. As someone this would probably help to see any play time i disagree with it. The only problem can't be fixed now and thats too few teams. Twdt is about having to work within a star limit and be forced to consider lower star players as part of your lineup.
              Ogron - "Lifetime Achievement Award recipient for 10* attitude [Ardour]"

ranked #2 in ogrons signature of: TWL's most irrelevant nobodies pubtrash bozos with 0 titles.

TWLD Season 19 #70th Best Warbird
              TWLB Season 19 #56th Best Spider

TW Greatest no-shipper 2002 - Present

Comment

???????????

I tried getting support for this a couple of weeks ago. Where were you dummies then? Too little too late now. Can’t change mid season. Hindsight is great. Had we had someone post about this before then maybe…….oh we did….
                1:waven> u challenge
                1:waven> if i challenge it looks too scary

Originally posted by MHz
                Hope you contract ebola from your, no doubt cheap, Easter Egg, you fucking shit-jav, pug-faced cunt.

Comment

Literally the whole point of DT is to get new people who aren't actively involved during TWL circle jerking, lubed up and ready. I'm sorry you had to play with someone you never seen before, that's pretty sad stuff. Don't worry, TWL will be here before you know it and you guys can per usual stack together, play crazy lineups and kill the zone.

The fact people are here complaining about new talent being played just shows how callus this community is towards 1. new competition and 2. towards zone health. I only see this as a good thing considering this game sucks ass (largely because of the view points displayed in this thread) and we should be praising people who are showing up to play it during the middle of the day on a Sunday not flaming them because we've never seen them before or they aren't as good as 10 star vets.

Definitely think numbers are in a good spot and this thread only affirms it to me at least. Have a great week everyone.

Comment

Originally posted by Tiny View Post
                    ???????????

I tried getting support for this a couple of weeks ago. Where were you dummies then? Too little too late now. Can’t change mid season. Hindsight is great. Had we had someone post about this before then maybe…….oh we did….
                    This too.

Comment

Go play in base games nightly then leagues are for better competition and no that doesnt mean we should just make it so we have to include some 6* asshat who has no idrs wtf they are doing... I get why grasp and ardour dont want it they are both pieces of shit with low talent and IQ get good nubs instead of crying for free spots. Also I did bring thid up on disvord to dwopple but he doesnt know how to run league that isnt a shitshow

Comment

Originally posted by Riverside View Post
                        TWDT HYPE
                        What hype? You went a combined 10-36 in your first 4 games.. If that makes you hyped about TWDT you have severe brain damage..

Also can we add higher star caps so his team doesn’t have to add him... Dude is beyond dog shit 😂

Comment

Originally posted by Grasps View Post

Literally the whole point of DT is to get new people who aren't actively involved during TWL circle jerking, lubed up and ready. I'm sorry you had to play with someone you never seen before, that's pretty sad stuff. Don't worry, TWL will be here before you know it and you guys can per usual stack together, play crazy lineups and kill the zone.

The fact people are here complaining about new talent being played just shows how callus this community is towards 1. new competition and 2. towards zone health. I only see this as a good thing considering this game sucks ass (largely because of the view points displayed in this thread) and we should be praising people who are showing up to play it during the middle of the day on a Sunday not flaming them because we've never seen them before or they aren't as good as 10 star vets.

Definitely think numbers are in a good spot and this thread only affirms it to me at least. Have a great week everyone.
                          Let me just make this clear...there is no new talent...maybe rephrase it to no talent. We want competitive games? When teams are benching 10* players in their own league and then we clearly have a problem. We did the star count to make it inclusive for lesser skilled players, surely not to replace the season vets.
                          I guess we are in a new age, no one wants to fight and get better and cement themselves in a lineup, we need to cater to bottom of the barrel players, even if the elitest have to suffer. Stupod mentality, lets up the star rating and let teams field real lineups. Warbirds are benching warbird and starting jav and base, javers are benching jav and starting warbird and base and basers are benching base and starting warbird and jav. Shit is crazy.
                          Best warbird to ever enter trenchwars

Comment

Originally posted by Vys View Post
                            Let me just make this clear...there is no new talent.
                            1) The idea of training new talent is good, but the reality is the influx of new players is almost zero and the players considered "new" have been here 10 years and shown no improvement. TWDT should be inclusive to the point where veterans who are the heart of the zone aren't benching their main leagues.

2) The quality of games matters. There is a threshold for good games that are fun. I can't tell you how many veterans like Mattey fucking loathed ?go base because it's a disorganized shitstorm and there's too many low IQ plays that destroy your ability to play well. You can't do anything with scrubs who never practice in TWD detaching into mines and unable to make basic plays, especially in more synergistic leagues like base. It's not fun for veterans who have put in the time and effort to get good.

TWDT-D and TWDT-J are unplayable for 10*s who have player(s) going 2-10 and 3-10 every game. There needs to be a high enough star cap level where your worst player goes 5-10 or 6-10.

3) TWDT is the main league of the zone, not a practice field for Grasps. The place to practice and get good is TWD. Raise the star cap.
                            top 100 basers list

Comment

Y'all coulda had TWL but did your usual "I'm only signing up if these 9 vets sign up" thing so it never happened and now you're crying about star count in DT?

I don't disagree with anyone in this thread. The quality of games could be better. Low star players who won't be in TWL also would like the opportunity to play. This isn't a zero sum game. There will be losers in the sense that either good players get benches or less good players get benched. Let's at least agree to that fact.

There's also the fact that some teams literally can't improve with a higher cap. Unless I'm mistaken, Riverside's team has yet to come anywhere near the star cap. Raising the star cap will undoubtedly benefit some teams more than others, and not because of good captainship, in fact it will be for the opposite reason.

I don't disagree that a higher cap will improve games. But there's three weeks left in the season and considering it's DT, I'd let the newbs get the spot (maybe because I'm one of them.)

Maybe drop the cap for playoffs idk.
                              Vehicle> ?help Will the division's be decided as well today?
                              Message has been sent to online moderators
                              2:BLeeN> veh yes
                              (Overstrand)>no
                              2:Vehicle> (Overstrand)>no
                              2:BLeeN> ok then no
                              :Overstrand:2:Bleen> veh yes
                              (Overstrand)>oh...then yes

Comment

Working...
                              X