BEER LEAGUE!?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• BEER LEAGUE!?

Is there any interest in a league run parallel to TWL for players 8* and under to participate?

This would grant lower * players an opportunity to participate in something while the higher * players do their own thing.
    Yes, where do I sign up?
    41.18%
    I have a rating low enough but still don't want to play.
    35.29%
    My ratings are too high but I still think it would be good for the zone.
    5.88%
    I wouldn't play this even if I had a low enough rating to participate.
    17.65%
    rEnZi> just looking at rageritual tilts me
    rEnZi> its crazy
    rEnZi> thats real power

Siaxis> yo it was way harder to kill Rage then beam in that dtd

In all honesty, we have those beer league games on daily bases with random twd games. Having played subspace for well over 20 years now I feel no motivation in finding out who is best of the worst officially. My last experience in TWL with Accuracy was great, we even pulled some nice surprises. It is alot more motivating trying to pull an upset vs top teams vs being neglected or denied from something just because.
    In EG leagues like TWL eventually died out and were fully replaced by draft leagues as there were really no real squads left, no big rivalries to solve and more of population enjoyed those.

Comment

I voted yes but still think my idea of adding one team with lower players into a real TWDT season is the answer for inclusivity.
      TWDT-J CHAMPION POWER 2018
      TWDT-B CHAMPION POWER 2018
      TWDT TRIPLE CROWN MEMBER POWER 2018
      TSL TRIPLE CROWN FINALIST 2018
      TSLD CHAMPION 2018
      TSLB CHAMPION 2018

Comment

not enough players w enough interest backed with motivation to take away from their real life. we prob have enough for two teams, mixed in with some 7-7.5 star players to cap / a.cap.

i think this should be done with two teams as an early opener to twdt every sunday. can be the same two teams squaring off, or can be an organized mixed scrimmage with rotating below 8 star caps every sunday. keep the same relatively new player pool, but you rotate caps every sunday so they can get an idea of how to build teams and navigate through organized matches.

with both the latter and former concept, you don't necessarily have playoffs, but you have a league-officiated scrimmage game that takes place as a precursor to regular twdt matches.

1:Jerome> ON THE THIRD DAY GOD CREATED THE REMINGTON BOLT ACTION .33, AND SAW THAT IT WAS GOOD, AND ON THE FOURTH DAY HE USED IT TO KILL DINOSAURS AND HOMOSEXUALS

Juice

Comment

can i play a different ship and be included?

Comment

Originally posted by Hulk View Post
            can i play a different ship and be included?
            terr w 2.3 rpd sharks.
            1:Jerome> ON THE THIRD DAY GOD CREATED THE REMINGTON BOLT ACTION .33, AND SAW THAT IT WAS GOOD, AND ON THE FOURTH DAY HE USED IT TO KILL DINOSAURS AND HOMOSEXUALS

Juice

Comment

We could have players with higher than 8.5 cap if they wish, but they would not be able to add themselves. This could be a great opportunity for good players to try to help people out.

Maybe we could get staff to hand out some pub buck prizes Markmrw ?

HulkThis could be a great place for people to try off ships, I guess the only one left for you is terr? ogron for shark or javelin? Joe_ start spider? We would probably need help rating people for off-ships.

Lee I think you are looking at it the wrong way. Don't look at the event with an ego. It's just an event where people of equal'ish skill level can compete, the best matches are the ones that are the most evenly matched. I have had some TWBD matches over the years that were randomly way more intense than TWL or DT.
              rEnZi> its crazy
              rEnZi> thats real power

Comment

Originally posted by apt View Post
                not enough players w enough interest backed with motivation to take away from their real life. we prob have enough for two teams, mixed in with some 7-7.5 star players to cap / a.cap.

i think this should be done with two teams as an early opener to twdt every sunday. can be the same two teams squaring off, or can be an organized mixed scrimmage with rotating below 8 star caps every sunday. keep the same relatively new player pool, but you rotate caps every sunday so they can get an idea of how to build teams and navigate through organized matches.

with both the latter and former concept, you don't necessarily have playoffs, but you have a league-officiated scrimmage game that takes place as a precursor to regular twdt matches.
                There are other leagues besides basing.
                RaCka> imagine standing out as a retard on subspace
                RaCka> mad impressive

Comment

Im here for the beers
                  TWDTJ & TWDTB FINALIST 2019

Comment

Originally posted by RageRitual View Post
                    We could have players with higher than 8.5 cap if they wish, but they would not be able to add themselves. This could be a great opportunity for good players to try to help people out..
                    I am against this idea. There are plenty of capable lower star players who have capped and played for years that could fill a cap position. I personally have my doubts a league like this will have any success but will keep an open mind about the idea. For me though, I still don't see why one team of twdt misfits and lower stars can't make one TWDT team to cover those being shut out by circumstance which happens every season.

TSLD CHAMPION 2018
                    TSLB CHAMPION 2018

Comment

Jessup Because even a 3* difference in line is HUGE. (I think I ogron has a post somewhere about this with a spreadsheet to back this up) If you were to put together a team something like this : 6.5, 7.5, 7, 7, 8 for wb, a 36* line and vs lines of 41 you would get crushed. This would not be fun for anyone.

Perfect example of accuracy playing LJ and LD last TWL. It was a complete waste of time. Accuracy had a match where they went 6-50, 2 of those kills were strike killing themselves. Most of their LJ matches they didn't even break 30 kills.

1 or 2 stars missing here and there wont matter much. Too many is a waste of time playing the match.

Yes I would prefer to have low stars cap beer league as well as this would be their only opportunity to do it honestly.

I can run circles around pair of 6* in warbird 2v1 and I am only a 7.5* warbird. Imagine what a 10* would do vs a line like the one I mentioned above.
                      rEnZi> its crazy
                      rEnZi> thats real power

Comment

The whole idea of my lower tier /rejected player team would be for inclusivity and activity for those not being used. They still would try to win and maybe once in a while could. Will they win or even go to playoffs?.. Doubtful. This is not the point of this team though. It is simply a 1 lower tier team allowed into the mix for those players who fall through the cracks.
                        TSLD CHAMPION 2018
                        TSLB CHAMPION 2018

Comment

Lee Your ratings are low enough to play.

brethal Your rating is only too high in base, you could participate in Warbird or Javelin.
                          rEnZi> its crazy
                          rEnZi> thats real power

Comment

Working...
                          X