Match Recordings

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Dreamwin View Post
    Didnt you appeal that game and lost the replay or is my memory failing me?
    Meant moreso the tornado and JAMAL missing time is just part of the game.

Ease appealed the bot not allowing players to re-sub in, which you can do on every basing bot (including TWDT many years), and Qan discovered an error that was re-introduced into the TWDTbot cores preventing it (We half-won the appeal, Mythril ended the replay at 11-11 declaring Terrorist the winner.)

I think appealing a serious error in the bot code preventing JAMAL from playing Round 2 is valid (For future reference, the coding error has since been fixed and you can re-sub into any basing game in any league.)
    top 100 basers list

Comment

With that said, Ekko... I know the emotions are strong after a loss but relax lol. Your rating is pretty close to your skill level at the moment. I've been there in 2010, thinking I would be the king of the world in terr if I had better team. You can easily get delusional and develop strong self-bias in terr but I dont believe you fully understand what it takes to be a great terrier.
      Dreamwin sharing some incredibly profound advice with you, Ekk0

Terr is the most difficult ship to accurately self-assess your own progress and what one is capable of in it.

Teams are rarely perfectly even, and the burst and port distribution is imbalanced, meaning you can be the better terr and your opponent gets double your ports and bursts and ends up having more impact as a result.

Your deaths and decisions have more weight than other ships by an order of magnitude, and you rarely ever face the same situations twice meaning it takes a metric fuckton of experience for you to start seeing a pattern and discovering what the correct decision is in that situation.

It is impossible to be anywhere close to the best terr right away because experience is the biggest building block in terr development and there's only so many games/seasons you can play in a year.

There are no shortcuts.

Your brain will also, over long periods of consistent play, start simply tracking more and more in basing games in real-time allowing you to see more threats and opportunities for aggressive play.

It's just too easy to be led astray because every match is different and you can play a best-of-3 playoff series and NOT encounter situations where you're weak in terr and win, and think you've arrived.

And even when you do reach the top, you can still just be on a team that isn't good enough, or on one that is and have a bad Sunday and lose anyway.

I'm less confident in my mastery of the ship than I was when I was significantly worse, even though I'm more confident that I'm better than everyone else.

99.9% of the people in this zone have no idea what elite terrs actually do, and that includes most terrs.

We probably can't convince you otherwise, because you can't see what you can't see, but I'll share with you my own feelings in terr over the years:

top 100 basers list

Comment

Wait a second here...time travel? Retired in 2018 and came back in 2016?

On a serious note...WHY HAS NO ONE COMMENTED ABOUT THAT DW EAT?

Comment

Originally posted by Rasaq View Post
          Wait a second here...time travel? Retired in 2018 and came back in 2016?
          LOL. Took a year off like Oct. 2017 to Oct. 2018

Back to 2016 skill level

Although apparently Ease went around telling everyone I was playing secretly on the alias ForgottenGhost so I came back and a bunch of people didn't believe I'd left...

top 100 basers list

Comment

Didnt you appeal that game and lost the replay or is my memory failing me?

With that said, Ekko... I know the emotions are strong after a loss but relax lol. Your rating is pretty close to your skill level at the moment. I've been there in 2010, thinking I would be the king of the world in terr if I had better team. You can easily get delusional and develop strong self-bias in terr but I dont believe you fully understand what it takes to be a great terrier.

Its more like you would have had a fighting chance with full line instead of close to 0 chance with the other. That is what creates these strong emotions after a long season, at least I think so. I have missed multiple finals, my teammates have missed multiple finals and my opponents have missed multiples finals. Like Ogron says, it pretty much evens out in the long run.

PS. Thanks for the recorders and special thanks to commentary crew. You make the experience so much better. Perhaps, I could you jump in to the commentary booth sometime as well, if allowed D:
            Thanks for the fatherly advice Dreamwin.. but I am relaxed & you're just as lucky that Willby & Lee didn't show cuz we woulda whooped yo teams ass right after Power if that was the case, LOL.

I never claimed to be the best terr nor am I delusional about my experience and capabilities but I am confident I had the strongest team in the tournament or at least stronger than Power as I broke down statistically in response to my Ogrons latest HoN. I'm going both on emotions, & real numbers, with a bias free analysis.

We got screwed over with no shows & that's fine, shit happens and I'm not asking for an appeal or a redo, I'm just putting the numbers I calculated & my opinion out there bud whether you wanna hear it or not.

Your team also played an easy season at a star advantage as you only had one game in week 5 where you didnt have a full 69* lineup, & we beat you in a close game during the regular season as well. I can admit that Terrorist is the only team I was even slightly phased about facing in playoffs even with our starting line.. but I still believe my team was the strongest this time around because we had the strongest shark duo and the best or second best spider line.

Also much respect to you and your talents but I don't really care if you believe I understand what it takes to be a great terrier because we all have different definitions of what a great terrier is.

Ogron living in a delusional world where he thinks he's played this tournament on legendary difficulty level and him thinking his team would have beat our starting line while he tried hard to rile me up the whole week & me and my team not getting a real opportunity to smack the shit out of his annoying ass is what is causing me any type of emotion.

Anyway good luck to you sir, your team will likely win but in my heart and mind I know you're both just fighting for second place.

Win me my 1m pubbux though.

absurd> havnt seen ekko miss in 20 mins;\

Comment

Originally posted by ogron View Post

Dreamwin sharing some incredibly profound advice with you, Ekk0

Terr is the most difficult ship to accurately self-assess your own progress and what one is capable of in it.

Teams are rarely perfectly even, and the burst and port distribution is imbalanced, meaning you can be the better terr and your opponent gets double your ports and bursts and ends up having more impact as a result.

Your deaths and decisions have more weight than other ships by an order of magnitude, and you rarely ever face the same situations twice meaning it takes a metric fuckton of experience for you to start seeing a pattern and discovering what the correct decision is in that situation.

It is impossible to be anywhere close to the best terr right away because experience is the biggest building block in terr development and there's only so many games/seasons you can play in a year.

There are no shortcuts.

Your brain will also, over long periods of consistent play, start simply tracking more and more in basing games in real-time allowing you to see more threats and opportunities for aggressive play.

It's just too easy to be led astray because every match is different and you can play a best-of-3 playoff series and NOT encounter situations where you're weak in terr and win, and think you've arrived.

And even when you do reach the top, you can still just be on a team that isn't good enough, or on one that is and have a bad Sunday and lose anyway.

I'm less confident in my mastery of the ship than I was when I was significantly worse, even though I'm more confident that I'm better than everyone else.

99.9% of the people in this zone have no idea what elite terrs actually do, and that includes most terrs.

We probably can't convince you otherwise, because you can't see what you can't see, but I'll share with you my own feelings in terr over the years:

Please refer to my latest response to your HoN where I provide a guideline and examples for you to understand what an undeniable elite or 10* terr can do, & none of the examples are either of our games this tournament.

Anyway, as I broke down it down for you using statistics, my team was overall better & stronger than yours, & yes you probably should be terring better than me due to your 4000 games of experience, but you still didn't manage to impress me once in one of the many games I've played against you in the year and a half since I've been back in the basing scene after over a decades absence.

Being aggressive and getting 10-15 more kills in a game where your spiders are carrying you to victory anyway does not a great terr make Ogron.

Good day.
              absurd> havnt seen ekko miss in 20 mins;\

Comment

Cape is still better than you at ship 5 ogron.

Keep at whatever this is though.
                Last edited by Riverside; 03-24-2022, 07:16 AM.

Comment

The Mandem Tandem on the Final Episode of “Commentary Booth” with the Broski Mythril...

Bring your own drinks if you want to hop in.. Don’t ask us for a fucking beer...

Pre-Game starting at 12:45pm EST)

Let’s turn up... Holy
                  Attached Files
                  Last edited by Best; 03-24-2022, 10:22 AM.

Comment

Originally posted by Best View Post
                    The Mandem Tandem on the Final Episode of “Commentary Booth” with the Broski Mythril...

Bring your own drinks if you want to hop in.. Don’t ask us for a fucking beer...

Let’s turn up... Holy
                    MANDEM TANDEM TWITCH STREAM & BITMOJI HYPE!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
                    zidane> big play
                    Omega Red> dwop sick
                    mr mime> its called an orca smash u uncultured fk
                    WillBy> ^^

1:Chief Utsav> LOL
                    1:Rule> we dont do that here.

cripple> can u get pregnant if u cum in gf's ass

Comment

Strong Graphics!
                      MRW

Comment

LETS GOOOOOOOOOOOOOO
                        1:Riverside> you guys eat schmores in america?

Comment

Mandem tandem in the booth gonna be a banger. Finals hype.

Someone drop a predictions thread. Maybe semi finalist ekko can do it once hes done whiping the crocodile tears from his face.

Comment

Let’s turn up... Holy
                            Le Zu in the booth man...HOLY

Mandem Tandem x Myth.....what the zone needs man.
                            tmaC> 1:fireballz> im the greatest coordinator of all time
                            capE> lucky he didnt say captain
                            capE> LOL BURN

Tapzu> tamzu vleane, we all know tou copied that nick from me

1:merce> ima go take a shower and try to suk my own dick

9:Fludd> guys, i want u all to know something..
                            9:megaman89> fludd go play monopoly with children and dome

1:Kentaro> nice gay name elven
                            1:Kentaro> suits you well
                            1:PUTAO> fuk urself fuk emo, ur mother suck mu penis all day screaming my name

Comment

Let’s turn up... Holy
                              HYPE!!! gonna bring my best underwear and my vest just for this!!
                              Click image for larger version  Name:	20220324_181110.jpg Views:	0 Size:	221.0 KB ID:	1358696
                              10* Spectator
                              Fake medal holder TWDTB Season 20, 25, 26 and TWDTD Season 21 (only member of POWER with 0 sec played S20, 0 sec played in DTD S21)

Season 24:
                              https://youtu.be/q3HqKe_A_bs

Best in Star Slot - Warbird & Base(GameScore)
                              Best 6* - Snoopie

Comment

Holy shit, fucking hype man...save some beers for me, I'll jump on after I become the big boss and I've got dreamwin speaking in his native tongue...I would bring my own beers but my bag is kinda full...

Last edited by Vys; 03-24-2022, 02:38 PM.
                                Best warbird to ever enter trenchwars

Comment

Working...
                                X