Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• HOT OR NOT -- FINALS

TWDT 2022 HOT OR NOT

And don't forget to check out the TWDT Awards, featuring dozens of winners!
    Last edited by ogron; 03-30-2022, 07:12 PM.
    top 100 basers list

I think I've said this every week but this is easily the best hot or not season of all time, thank you for putting in the time and effort to make it what it was. This is seriously going to be hard to top but we've had a string of some great seasons for the past few years, let's keep it going! HOT OR NOT HYPE!
    1:Riverside> you guys eat schmores in america?

Comment

A few months ago I was in a BD and my shark partner made what I thought was a selfish play and the game ended. I PM'd them something along the lines of "man I wish you died there instead of falling back to bomb." Their only response to me was a number, their rating. That's when I decided I was going to win this season's DTB. The draft hadn't even happened yet.

It was a great season playing with Power. Zid, Ogron and Sarger were obviously key players and personalities, but Dare, bellflowers, Groan and even Siaxis were every bit as much a part of the team's DTB win. Nobody on our team carried anybody and we all were united in our desire to win. It truly was a pleasure to win with you all.

I'm not a 10* shark. Never claimed to be. But I appreciate Zidane and Ogron for giving me the teammates that allowed me to demonstrate the type of value I can bring to a team.

I also want to note that there were 4 former Juicers in the finals.

Good game.
      Vehicle> ?help Will the division's be decided as well today?
      Message has been sent to online moderators
      2:BLeeN> veh yes
      (Overstrand)>no
      2:Vehicle> (Overstrand)>no
      2:BLeeN> ok then no
      :Overstrand:2:Bleen> veh yes
      (Overstrand)>oh...then yes

Comment

I just wanna say gg and thanks for the HONs while im drunk.

It is a shame as I think the base finals deserved a round 3. We were absolutely dominant until something happened. Base has always had this insanely weird momentum swings which I, after 18 years of playing, still dont fully understand. I honestly had :MatchBot:!switch dre:make written down at 12-7 but didn't have the courage to do it. Which in hindsight would probably have won as the round. maketso played phenomenal all season, including the finals but weren't able the team weren't able to close it out. Some super unfortunate teKs happened by Groan and Dare lagging through mines and emping make + Dare eating 2+ extra shots every death but that happens. Also, I think for once Ogron could make a valve sponsored video out of himself having 1 million ports flying around under and so on. Nevertheless, the game was ultimately won by Ogron's great plays and some unfortunate events which will even out in the long run but this time we got the short end of the stick in the rnd 2. Props for playing as aggro as you did to close the game. I was damn close to kill the game at least twice but somehow shots didn't get through.

Well played to all Power team, especially Vehicle. You truly outplayed your rating which I planned to happen the season you were in my team. Back then I was forced to bench you for countless hidious plays in the first weeks. You were simply unplayable at your rating back then. These guys must have coached you well, better than I ever could. Happy you got back in the mix. wp.
        Season 12 champion TWLD / TWLJ
        Season 18 champion TWLJ / TWLB
        Season 19 champion TWLB (C)

Season 6 champion TWDT-J TWDT-B (C)
        Season 10 champion TWDT-J (C)
        Season 11 champion TWDT-B (C)
        Season 13 champion TWDT-B (C)
        Season 17 TRIPLE CROWN TWDT (C)

The winningest TWDT captain of all time

Comment

Originally posted by Dreamwin View Post
          Well played to all Power team, especially Vehicle. You truly outplayed your rating which I planned to happen the season you were in my team. Back then I was forced to bench you for countless hidious plays in the first weeks. You were simply unplayable at your rating back then. These guys must have coached you well, better than I ever could. Happy you got back in the mix. wp.
          For sure. I definitely improved as the season went on. I don't want to give the impression that I think otherwise and I realized my above post might do that.

Thanks for the shout-out though! I assumed from W1 that we'd be seeing you in the finals and I'd be lying if I said I thought it'd be a two game series.
          Vehicle> ?help Will the division's be decided as well today?
          Message has been sent to online moderators
          2:BLeeN> veh yes
          (Overstrand)>no
          2:Vehicle> (Overstrand)>no
          2:BLeeN> ok then no
          :Overstrand:2:Bleen> veh yes
          (Overstrand)>oh...then yes

Comment

Dude those quotes are fire. Sick shit OG. You are still the fucking final boss.
            Geio> Down to chill and play that
            Best> rather log off and attempt to suck my own d

Comment

Some little post-hype clippets of twbdt final plays

sarger doing sarger things and biig veh with the bomb and tek

Groan with magic emp bullets

oggie 15 energy, groan mowing through, Dare threading the needle

vehicle's arcade pinball practice paying off

oggie ramming joe's mine no problem, veh showing he's the man, clef lasering in

Thanks to everyone putting in the work for making tw go, dad/wirah for hype prize pool, oggie and others for hype hons and previews, myth+co for commentary, everyone for playing, great fun season and great games
              Last edited by brethal; 03-30-2022, 07:21 AM.

Comment

Yay I was slightly warmer than cold, success!

Comment

Great write ups man, truly made the season fun. Your terrier play really was the difference maker in those finals.

I know you make a whole thing about the opposing terrier but maketso was one of the main reasons we even got that far in the season. If you pay attention to our games, he would tek at the games most clutch moments, and we would pull ahead. So far ahead, I have never been part of a team with such high margins of victory time wise in the regular season. He was truly dominant.

I gotta stand up for my boy Henry, he’s old faithful when it comes to spidering and a lot of undeserved hate comes his way for whatever reason. You can always count on Henry racking up the kills and making the opposing team rage.

Shout out to Juicers brethal and vehicle, you guys were truly forces to be reckoned with.

Comment

Originally posted by Omega Red View Post
                    Great write ups man, truly made the season fun. Your terrier play really was the difference maker in those finals.
                    thanks buddy, appreciated.

Originally posted by Omega Red View Post
                    I know you make a whole thing about the opposing terrier but maketso was one of the main reasons we even got that far in the season. If you pay attention to our games, he would tek at the games most clutch moments, and we would pull ahead. So far ahead, I have never been part of a team with such high margins of victory time wise in the regular season. He was truly dominant.
                    Omega Red I agree 100%. In the TWDT Awards he won the Best Terr of the Regular Season, and runner-up to Best Terr of the Playoffs.

He led the league in teks, and outplayed Heaven in the Semi-Finals and Azuline in the Quarter-Finals.

He absolutely smoked opposing terrs all season, making huge swing plays, on a team built to frontrun and blowout opponents.

That said, he got outplayed in the finals, and it's a finals hot or not, so i think he's fair game
                    top 100 basers list

Comment

Working...
                    X