Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Poll: Spidir (*)Rating Diff than ur shark, terr n special ship rating? Twdtb/etc

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Poll: Spidir (*)Rating Diff than ur shark, terr n special ship rating? Twdtb/etc

Every once in a while I'll be posting a question for the TW community 2 c wut efery1 think of an idea that I haf seen be successfil in anothir zone.

What i recommend 4 TW:
    1. Split em up: 3 ratings per playir
    2. 4 cud b tuf 2 assign the first time out: for special ships, use a playirs spidir rating
    Why?
    1. Promotes vets (all of us u fuks) playing ships we r not used 2, so we haf an incentive 2 get gud at something new 4 league play
    2. Gives the excuse to break the rating judge streaming to 3 segments, instead of 1 long one (if dats wuts happening):
    3. We haf sum gr8 podcastirs n twitchirs, if they r willing 2 vs 1-2 hours in each of their respectif leagues (1-2 hrs wb, 1-2 hrs jav, 2-3 hrs basing)
    4. Cud b used for TWDTB, Basing Cup, TSL, or othir leagues (🧢)
    4 ratings: terr, shark, spid n special ships
    18.18%
    3 ratings: terr, shark n spidir wud make sense
    45.45%
    Indifferent
    0%
    1 rating is wut I need & want rn
    36.36%
    Othir: forim post
    0%
    Last edited by Riverside; 04-09-2022, 12:00 PM.

Yes I do think the basing ratings should be per ship.

Notes:
    - Remember this has consequences for bots, e.g. a ship change would make a lineup invalid. It's doable, just needs working through.
    - Per-ship ratings would be required for my tslb drafting algorithm. Not that I think anyone will ever bother implementing that.
    - As someone who can play 3 ships, but with quite different ratings, I would appreciate my twdt captain be able to make use of my multi-shipness without having to accept my spider rating in that ship. I tried a season locked in shark, but we got another shark somehow who took my spot, then I was stuck on the bench instead of being able to spider instead, but the experience of just trying to improve my shark game was worthwhile.
    - I'd like to try to improve my terr game. People don't remember but back in 2001-2003 ish I used to terr for Kemopetrol, comfortably taking on brookus, wp, mythrandir, etc who were good at the time. I only ended up in spider because I spidded for Mambo when the cram was invented, and I'm strong in cram so it just stuck. It's hard to get games in terr now with 15 years of rust. I tried some terr games last night but people just switch me if we aren't winning - because the line is much stronger with me in spider.
    - Sometimes we're short on terrs and sharks in drafts with more teams, so anything that helps expand the talent pool would help. We're basically at the point of having no resilience already. Imagine if a couple of top sharks or terrs didn't sign up for whatever reason.

Comment

This and the other topics you post have already been discussed in detail if you do a forum search
      In game alias: mvp

twdt-b 2017 finalist
      twlb 2020 and 2023 champ cheerleader
      twdt-b 2020 and 2021 champ

Comment

Originally posted by afghan View Post
        This and the other topics you post have already been discussed in detail if you do a forum search
        cud u link sum eximpils for this tipic?

Pirhips cud help. Im not going 2 because I dont remember seeing a poll.

Polls can help tell a diff type of story than just da ppl who r willing 2 make a post on firims (ie majority opinion on a decision in a specific situation vs minority who r willing 2 speak up many times - such as mysilf).
        Last edited by Riverside; 04-09-2022, 01:44 PM.

Comment

This would not effect me personally since my ratings similar in all 3, however this would allow a lot of players to play different ships in a more competitive setting like DT. It would take some work. It's not worth rating people for specials, at that point just use their highest rating.
          rEnZi> just looking at rageritual tilts me
          rEnZi> its crazy
          rEnZi> thats real power

Siaxis> yo it was way harder to kill Rage then beam in that dtd

Comment

Originally posted by RageRitual View Post
            This would not effect me personally since my ratings similar in all 3, however this would allow a lot of players to play different ships in a more competitive setting like DT. It would take some work. It's not worth rating people for specials, at that point just use their highest rating.
            agree on the special, just uses the highest rating

1996 Minnesota State Pooping Champion

Comment

Working...
            X