Backlash

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by THE ENFORCER
    Im sure any film student could greatly appreciate wrestling thus should be considered an art.
    I can pretty much guarantee that this statement is false, by the way. That's just silly.
    5:gen> man
    5:gen> i didn't know shade's child fucked bluednady

Comment

undefined
      Originally posted by Facetious
      I don't think either of us were saying that professional wrestling should be forced off the air, just that we didn't understand why anyone would watch it, because it's dumb. In my mind, the Howard Stern metaphor applies, but only in a "Why would someone get so aloof and haughty in defending something as obviously trashy and pointless as Howard Stern" sense.

While I in no way think Howard Stern should be censored, and I think he has the right to be on the air, I definitely understand why someone would think his show was pointless and stupid, and from a sexual side of things, I would understand why someone would say "you must have problems with your sexual identity if you're going to watch something as twisted as Howard Stern", although I, myself, wouldn't agree with the sentiment.

If I was Garrison Keillor, and someone attacked Howard Stern, and I said "radio is my life, if you attack something that's vaguely similar to what I've done with my life, you're attacking me, too, you're the worst person ever", it would be make no sense. That is where the Howard Stern metaphor lies with me in this discussion.

Yea i suppose some people can be a bit personal on subject matters but if you take music for instances there are alot of people out there that would get offended by someone who states "ew you listen to that group they are so stupid' simply because if you listen to that group in your leisure time then that forms part of your life which is the same with radio.

I know you guys like professional wrestling, but you have to admit that it's kind of stupid, and you have to understand that it's pretty damn confusing for an outsider to understand why you'd like it. It's fine to like stupid things, I like a decent amount of stupid TV shows. I like The Real World, for instance. It sucks, and has no value, and I like it. But at least I admit it sucks, and if someone criticized Brad or Cameron, I wouldn't go on an obnoxious crusade to crucify that person based on a connection that made no sense.
      I guess i just assumed that you wanted wrestling to be censored after you mentioned that incident with the kid dying and all, so just to clear things up you believe wrestling shoundnt be censored or prohibited to certain under age children even though in your mind you feel it causes these children to act in harmful ways? because if you do agree with that then that is consistent with you views with howard (which i can accept) if you are against that statement then thats highly hypocritical.

Comment

I can pretty much guarantee that this statement is false, by the way. That's just silly.
        Why wrestling uses indepth characterisation, plot (for every match) and varying camera angles to portray different veiws of wrestlers. All those features are used in movies!

Comment

Your mom has breasts, a face, and an ass, and so do supermodels, but that doesn't make your mom a supermodel.

Comment

Originally posted by THE ENFORCER
            undefined

I guess i just assumed that you wanted wrestling to be censored after you mentioned that incident with the kid dying and all, so just to clear things up you believe wrestling shoundnt be censored or prohibited to certain under age children even though in your mind you feel it causes these children to act in harmful ways? because if you do agree with that then that is consistent with you views with howard (which i can accept) if you are against that statement then thats highly hypocritical.
            I don't think we need any more censorship in this country, and I didn't mention the kid dying, that was the other guy. My only point in bringing up the fact that professional wrestling can cause violence was that due to this, I don't really feel bad for criticizing it. While I don't think Howard Stern should get kicked off the air, and sometimes when I'm drunk I watch his TV show, I would understand if someone thought his show was coarse and stupid.

Comment

I like The Real World, for instance. It sucks, and has no value, and I like it. But at least I admit it sucks, and if someone criticized Brad or Cameron, I wouldn't go on an obnoxious crusade to crucify that person based on a connection that made no sense.
              Least of all Frankie. She's a cutter.
              RogerMexico
              The Daily Nice
              Post Secret

Comment

First of all, i didnt see enforcers comment on this:

Originally posted by The Enforcer
                How can you argue against censorship of radio and before censorship of wrestling! You cant cherry pick here.

Which i am sorry for getting on your case enforcer =p

Comment

Only fags wrestle or watch wrestling.
                  Mr 12 inch wonder

Comment

Originally posted by Evasive
                    haha bloodzombie likes wrestling

I think wrestling is stupid.. But the other thing that I think is stupid is people like you that come into a thread with nothing to contribute except shittiness.
                    http://www.trenchwars.org/forums/showthread.php?t=15100 - Gallileo's racist thread

"Mustafa sounds like someone that likes to fly planes into buildings." -Galleleo

Comment

Thanks Gemfire i fixed it up.

Comment

Working...
                      X