No announcement yet.

troll king et al: ffxi

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I'm already at level 17 and I solo-ed about 90% of that time, and the time spent partying was mostly to do missions with people. It's not really that hard to do. Sometimes I just feel like soloing, and the monk is a good class to do that with, compared to the other basic jobs. I pretty much soloed with my monk while watching the NHL playoffs instead of joining a party because that way I could concentrate on the game instead of saving my white mage's butt. I've also leveled my black mage job to 12 and I partied most of the time to get her there.

Comment

Do you have a subjob? If not I don't see how you could actually stand taking so long to level up that far. That would turn me off from the game if I spent that much time just soloing.
      My father in law was telling me over Thanksgiving about this amazing bartender at some bar he frequented who could shake a martini and fill it to the rim with no leftovers and he thought it was the coolest thing he'd ever seen. I then proceeded to his home bar and made four martinis in one shaker with unfamiliar glassware and a non standard shaker and did the same thing. From that moment forward I knew he had no compunction about my cock ever being in his daughter's mouth.

Comment

Originally posted by Liquid Blue
        Do you have a subjob? If not I don't see how you could actually stand taking so long to level up that far. That would turn me off from the game if I spent that much time just soloing.
        What turns me off to games is having to party with people like this dude.

Comment

Do you know how boring it is to solo in FFXI? I'ved solo'ed my Ranger up to 12, and the other class I stopped soloing around lvl 11. It's tedious and drags on forever (especially if you are playing as a mage) so I am quite surprised he took monk to 17. Granted, Monks and Wars will have it easier but that doesn't make it any less boring.
          My father in law was telling me over Thanksgiving about this amazing bartender at some bar he frequented who could shake a martini and fill it to the rim with no leftovers and he thought it was the coolest thing he'd ever seen. I then proceeded to his home bar and made four martinis in one shaker with unfamiliar glassware and a non standard shaker and did the same thing. From that moment forward I knew he had no compunction about my cock ever being in his daughter's mouth.

Comment

Like I said, I like to play while watching television sometimes, and it's easier to solo than to party because you don't have to focus as much on it. It's all about flexibility, if I have a couple of hours free I can spend concentrating just on playing, I'll party. When soloing, especially in a monk, I can just sic it on an enemy and watch Iginla score on Nabokov. Monks can also mow down enemies fairly quickly, so I can get experience bonuses very often. Sometimes I wade through a crowd of easier enemies, use my Hundred Fists ability, and bring them all down one after another.

I haven't got a sub-job yet, as you need to be at level 18, I think. I want to eventually try a Monk/Samurai combo and be a TP machine.

Comment

my roommate does very well solo'ing with a thief/warrier. he's up to level 27 and usually parties only for quests.
              plopp> im not a newbie ok!! im a butterfly waiting to come out of his coon!

Comment

Thanks to the recent TP nerf, you won't be as good of a WS machine as you could have been a month ago or so. Sadly I don't think Sam's can even Skillchain off themselves anymore.

Comment

Me and my friend Alex and two of his friends use to play together. We all quit when we reached level 75. :/

Comment

Originally posted by Troll King
                    ... You walk into a store and buy it.

The PC and PS2 versions play on the same servers, plus you get to use your computer monitor's resolution and you can use your keyboard to chat instead of the PS2's software keyboard.
                    Well you see Troll King I tried that, video game shops told me I can't play this game on my computer and I was like but this asian guy named Troll King on this game forum told me I can.
                    Last edited by Cops; 05-16-2004, 08:52 PM.
                    it makes me sick when i think of it, all my heroes could not live with it so i hope you rest in peace cause with us you never did

Comment

it makes me sick when i think of it, all my heroes could not live with it so i hope you rest in peace cause with us you never did

Comment

I'm not sure I understand your problem... does your computer meet the requirements? Or did you think that this game is only playable on the PS2?

Maybe this link will help you.
                        http://www.futureshop.ca/catalog/pro...5&WLBS=fsweb15

Comment

if you re read what I said you'd be able to find my problem really quickly, I was told I can't play this game on my computer. ps thanks for the link. Okay now considering I'm getting this game for my birthday on saturday how much is it monthly? Can I use paypal to pay for it monthly or get time cards cause I'm not using a credit card nor do I have one.
                          Last edited by Cops; 05-17-2004, 06:11 PM.

Comment

word up gerbz.

i play a cutie taru bard on Gilgamesh.

and to the dude that says soloing sucks and is impossible to do:

i got to level 18 on red mage before i even knew how to party.

Comment

Originally posted by castromarx
                              word up gerbz.

i play a cutie taru bard on Gilgamesh.

and to the dude that says soloing sucks and is impossible to do:

i got to level 18 on red mage before i even knew how to party.
                              so can I buy time cards or pay using paypal to play this game?
                              Last edited by Cops; 05-17-2004, 06:23 PM.

Comment

I'm on Titan with a taru WHM, level 13
                                I have an Elvaan WAR 20, but that got boring, I'm gonna bard this shit up.
                                As for money, playing the AH is how to work it. Gotta love tunics in San d'Oria for 3k and then Windy for 5. Shizzzzzzzz

Comment

Working...
                                X