Short people and umbrellas

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Short people and umbrellas

When I'm King of the World (president's just too American) I'm going to outlaw anyone under the height of 5 foot 8 owning an umbrella, and fine umbrella companies for having spikey bits at the end of the umbrellas. They're bloody lethal! You know the feeling, you're walking down a crowded street, its raining, you're not bothering with an umbrella because you're too manly and then you have to start dodging the umbrellas that are being flung in your direction by over-zealous power walkers. Usually the kind of busy-bodies who wear trouser suits and "do lunch".

You might think that I've got an advantage over most other tall people in that I wear glasses, but if the short people eventually win the battle and I get pecked in the eye with such ferocity that it shatters my glasses (which is a very real possibility) then I've got someone else's umbrella AND glass in my eye, and thats strictly 'not cool', and lets face it, is as much fun as having your dog put down.

You can tell the Japanese don't often think before deciding their national dress. I'm not riling any feathers when I say that Asians aren't the tallest ethnicity in the world so why the hell is their traditional female dress with those totally pointless and especially spikey umbrellas? I know they share a bit of a grudge, maybe some friendly rivalry with the west but theres no need to inflict that on us! Oh the humanity! Not going to Japan is like missing that taxi that takes you to the titantic, in the end you're going to be grateful.

Death on a stick

Its not as if veritcally challenged people need umbrellas as much as tall people. Firstly you're always the last to get rained on, second the people above you absorb most of the rain for you and lastly they sell rainmacs in small too now. They should make incredibly long umbrellas for short people so that they're not at eye level for everyone else, not only will it deflect the rain long before it reaches everyone else but it reduces the chance of a fatal injury, two birds in one two! Of course the rain deflected off these tall umbrellas will fall on the tall people, but I'd rather get wet than lose an eye. Who's with me?
    Originally posted by Facetious
    edit: (Money just PMed me his address so I can go to Houston and fight him)

What's your stance on parasols?

Comment

fuck em

Comment

Good stance.

Comment

I was at a crossing and I was trying to get to Game across the street. It's really crowded and I was about to pass this old granny, she fuckin turned round, and because she had the umbrella resting on her shoulder, it was on a tilt. It swung round and nearly took my eye out, the fucking metal support things on the end were exposed too. Dumb bitch.

I hate being tall.

EDIT: Zeus, make yourself a maddox-style complaints page on your site :up: a bit of competition for the bastard.
          Last edited by Mr. Peanuts; 05-17-2004, 06:48 AM.

Comment

Originally posted by Mr. Peanuts
            I hate being tall.
            i like beeing tall, but hate small dumb bitches with umbrellas.. (small dumb men with umbrellas too)
            Throughout time, there’s been
            crimes, throughout our history
            But not as great, as the one of late, affecting you and me
            Once a nation proud and free, and now we’re weeping sorrow’s tears
            Tragedy’s approaching, it’s worse than all your fears

Come on my countrymen
            Come on and take a stand
            Don’t let ‘em take away your land

the Wenger bus is coming
            and all the kids are running
            from London to Manchester
            cos he's a child molester

fuck islam

Comment

yeah i suppose being tall is good, apart from the umbrella issue

Comment

Originally posted by Mr. Peanuts
                EDIT: Zeus, make yourself a maddox-style complaints page on your site :up: a bit of competition for the bastard.
                I don't want to be a perma-pissed social waste of space, he does that far better than me, I've just really got a thing against short people and umbrellas

Comment

Hah. This new forum is leet.
                  http://www.iownjoo.com/freeimghost/l...ature copy.gif
                  ^^^ My new sig i wasted 10 minutes of my life making! W00tz for mE! :D:cool:

I am Plasma.

Last edited by abrasion about 150 times because he can't fucking type.

Comment

Working...
                  X