Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Dillusion

ITS IRAQ YOU FUCKING EURO NERDS
    What does being european have to do with needing hukd ahn fonikz?
    http://image1ex.villagephotos.com/pu...asp?id_=824053

Comment

Actually Mattey im from California.

I am sorry for these remarks.
      Last edited by Kid Kaos; 09-12-2002, 07:41 PM.
      2 time TWLD runner up.

If not a medal, cant I get a Ribbon??

Comment

hiroshima was hilarious, once again i was laughing on the floor, on my behind
        I dont play this game anymore.

Comment

Originally posted by Kid Kaos

Yes I am racist against Middle Easterners and I could care less. They dont belong in OUR country Mattey.
          And which Native tribe do you belong to?

Comment

Yes I am racist against Middle Easterners and I could care less. They dont belong in OUR country Mattey.
            Just say no to drugs kids.

Comment

Originally posted by Fallen Angel

Use of atomic weapons is NEVER justifiable.
              It was a terror bombing, nothing more, nothing less.
              But no need to bring past events into this.
              the amount killed in the bombing is a mere fraction of the amount that would have been killed in an invasion of the actual islands. The japanese people were training everyone to fight, from kids to women to the elderly. They were all going to fight to the death according to their honor code in battle. Fallen you would rather prefer that the entire japanese people and culture be destroyed?
              or two towns?

terror bombing? yes. terrible bombing? yes. justified? yes.
              did it save millions of lives? yes.
              To all the virgins, Thanks for nothing
              brookus> my grandmother died when she heard people were using numbers in their names in online games.. it was too much for her little heart

Comment

Don't include me into YOUR web of ignorance.

Edit: Tk stole my first response.
                Mr 12 inch wonder

Comment

Originally posted by pv=nrt

the amount killed in the bombing is a mere fraction of the amount that would have been killed in an invasion of the actual islands. The japanese people were training everyone to fight, from kids to women to the elderly. They were all going to fight to the death according to their honor code in battle. Fallen you would rather prefer that the entire japanese people and culture be destroyed?
                  or two towns?

terror bombing? yes. terrible bombing? yes. justified? yes.
                  did it save millions of lives? yes.

Don't think america dropped those bombs because they were concerned about japanese lives. They wanted to end it quickly and cleanly for their own side.
                  Taking all those islands one by one where the enemy was dug in and in an extremely well defensible position would have taken them a long time, at the expense of alot of money and alot of american lives.
                  Still I can't agree with the decision to bomb two major cities at the expense of thousands of civilian lives to accomplish a military objective.
                  There's no place like 127.0.0.1

Comment

Originally posted by Fallen Angel

Don't think america dropped those bombs because they were concerned about japanese lives. They wanted to end it quickly and cleanly for their own side.
                    Taking all those islands one by one where the enemy was dug in and in an extremely well defensible position would have taken them a long time, at the expense of alot of money and alot of american lives.
                    Still I can't agree with the decision to bomb two major cities at the expense of thousands of civilian lives to accomplish a military objective.
                    A number of reasons were considered before dropping the bomb. If you don't beleive me, find a copy of either Stimson's or Groves' papers on the subject. Both have been released to the public. I can't find my history notes, so I'll sum them up from memory.

1. Scare the Russians.
                    2. Shock the Japanese
                    3. Save American soldiers.

An invasion of the main Japanese islands would be extremely costly. Furthermore, freeing China of the last Japanese holdouts would require a long battle. General MAcArthur made it clear the US was not willing to be held in a drawn out Asiatic battle (at least not at that point).

Comment

buahahha have fun in hell, buddy
                      http://image1ex.villagephotos.com/pu...asp?id_=824053

Comment

About as fun as wtc.
                        Jesus Christ on a pogo stick

Comment

That's funny coming from a guy with Bob Marley as their avatar. Shut the fuck up frat boy.

Comment

Originally posted by Fiction

buahahha have fun in hell, buddy
                            im not going to hell, sorry, buddy

and bilbo, i dont really care, im not going to fight for my country, if i get drafted im moving to canada, and im staying there
                            I dont play this game anymore.

Comment

This whole 9/11 thing is bullshit. Things like that happen everyday in other countries and you don't see us weeping over it, we are laughing and having a jolly ol' time. Things like 9/11 have happened before in this country so quit making a huge deal about it and just let it go. I think it would be good if we moved on. Obviously we aren't ever going to stop terrorism so that idea is out of the question. More things like 9/11 are probably bound to happen again, and then we will weep over that for a long time. It's not just America, think of all the other people. Instead of praying just for the tragedies from the 9/11 attacks, try praying for the whole world's safeness. What if an asteroid was on a collision course with earth. That is something that you should be praying for not to happen. Yes, it is a atrocity and many people lost their lives and relatives but things like that just happen, we have no control over them.
                              TWLD Champion 'Season 11'
                              TWLD Champion 'Season 14'
                              Trench Wars Veteran

Comment

Originally posted by War

Well it was a big deal
                                Alot of people lost their lives, relatives, friends etc. so I think taking a moment to reflect on that particular day is something completely natural.
                                But the amount of media attention it recieves is a bit (well bit...) excessive, I agree.
                                There's no place like 127.0.0.1

Comment

Working...
                                X