Summer of music

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Lowlands 2004:

DANKO JONES, FAITHLESS,GROOVE ARMADA, CHEMICAL BROTHERS, THE DARKNESS, THE HIVES, WITHIN TEMPTATION, ELECTRO COCO, TOKYO SKA PARADISE ORCHESTRA, MINTZKOV LUNA, ELEVEN, RUDE RICH AND THE HIGH NOTES, AUF DER MAUR, THE BAYS, STIJN, BLOODHOUND GANG, DROPKICK MURPHYS, EPICA, FLOGGING MOLLY, HEIDEROOSJES, I AM KLOOT, THE OFFSPRING, SOULWAX, THE SOUNDTRACK OF OUR LIVES, VAN KATOEN, THE VEILS, THE WHITE STRIPES, YELLOWCARD, FELIX DA HOUSECAT, DEUS, GRAHAM COXON, JEFF MILLS, KEANE, BEEF, EXTINCE, CHRIS LIEBING, AMPARANOIA, DILLINGER ESCAPE PLAN, ARRESTED DEVELOPMENT, LCD SOUNDSYSTEM, OCEANSIZE, N*E*R*D, THE STREETS, FRANZ FERDINAND, THE DISTILLERS, THRICE
    You ate some priest porridge

Comment

somebody send me tickets to all these rad euro shows

now.

I SAID NOW

edit: the hives are hilarious/awesome live, their lead singer speaks horrible english. the show i was at he kept saying stuff like "THE HIVES ARE LAW, YOU ARE CRIME, YES?" - "I KNOW TOUCH ME YOU WANT TO"
      Last edited by Pearl Jam; 06-13-2004, 12:23 PM.
      PLEASE, DON'T BE MISGUIDED...YA BITIN'. AND I'MA HAVE TA DIS YA, UNDERSTAND MISTA?

Comment

I just hope Pete Doherty pulls himself out of the gutter in time for the gig

Edit: Reading's on the telly now? I know Glastonbury is but Reading is too now?

Originally posted by Zerzera
        TOKYO SKA PARADISE ORCHESTRA
        Last edited by ZeUs!!; 06-13-2004, 02:05 PM.
        Originally posted by Facetious
        edit: (Money just PMed me his address so I can go to Houston and fight him)

Comment

yeah i think it is on some sky channel, however yahoo broadcast it.

Comment

Originally posted by Spybreak!
            But that seems to be the main idea of every [urban] rap song I've unwillingly heard... However HipHop is a diff story.
            What's the difference between hip hop and rap, if you don't mind me asking?
            Originally posted by Vatican Assassin
            i just wish it was longer
            Originally posted by Cops
            it could have happened in the middle of a park at 2'oclock in the afternoon while your parents were at work and I followed you around all afternoon.

Comment

http://www.bonnaroo.com/swf-txt/base.html
              i think bonnaroo has the best lineup all summer. unfortunately, i'm not going. i opted to go to a phish concert instead since they're breaking up.

Comment

Originally posted by Cylor
                What's the difference between hip hop and rap, if you don't mind me asking?
                hip hop is a style of music,
                rap is a vocal instrument rarely used outside of hip hop.
                R&B uses a lot of hip hop music also, fyi.

Comment

Originally posted by Spybreak!
                  oh hell ya ch-check this out:

"all I got is my blackness, some others seem to lack this!"
                  "I'm doin' a hundred on the highway. So if you do the speed limit, get the fuck outta my way!"
                  "Got every man in here wishin. Sippin on coke and rum. I'm like so what I'm drunk. It's the freakin weekend baby"
                  “You getting money? I can't none with ya then fuck ya. I'm not the type to get knocked for D.W.I.”
                  “I'm slick enough to twist your lines and send them back at you”
                  “Banks hopped out bulletproof this, bulletproof that. Bulletproof snorkel, bulletproof hat”

lol that’s weak, I’m sorry for those who have actually taken these songs seriously

And then there's always:
                  "sup baby. die n***** shit fuck n***** hah, un un... what n***** yeah... shit fuck damn, bitch n***** ho always be eastside n***** piimpin, fuck that shit be trippin robbin' me like a n*****. n****. fosho n***** fosho, ya'mean? look n**** I fuckin love happy rainbows n shit so wut n***** bitch. dick n*****, suck my n**** dick fuck bitch jump jump, yeah n***** ha ha, un un what? drop clips on yo ass n***** n***** gangsta n***** westside n***** n***** pop a cap in ya n***** ass yeah yea n*****. n*****."

Man that's deep :eek:

But that seems to be the main idea of every [urban] rap song I've unwillingly heard... However HipHop is a diff story.

(not to get off topic…)

You are stereotyping, what you said hardly represent anything in hip hop. I thought you're the music kinda guy, it's time to be open, if you ignore ev'rything you dislike, you could only grow so lil. Rock would've nev'r emerged if ev'ryone is like you discriminating, think about it, the guitar from middle east, the drums from Africa, and the blues tone from Jazz, tons of music history you should read.

Learn from the past, my friend, otherwise you'll only stand still as the rest of the world moves on.

Comment

Bad Religion's new cd owns, tis the summer of music. Catch 22, reel big fish, warped and a lot of local shows! NOFX wont be comming to Toronto for Warped which makes me feel like I'm getting gipped going to warped.
                    Last edited by Cops; 06-15-2004, 05:06 PM.
                    it makes me sick when i think of it, all my heroes could not live with it so i hope you rest in peace cause with us you never did

Comment

I listen to rap/hip-hop mainly for the same reason I listen to all the other music I listen too, because of the force, the feel put into it. I mean, it's harder these days because people get on the radio and they sing sad, and so they sound more emotional and people "feel them" (whatever the fuck). But I consider lyrics as just an instrument. (I believe spybreak pointed this out in an earlier thread so read that for all the technical shit) It can sound crappy, or it can be powerful. With rap, I usually don't even focus on the lyrics- I conentrate on the rhythm, the beat. It's hard to provide examples. I think the first time I really thought about it was when I heard Run DMC's "It's like that". He doesn't really put his voice first, it sort of follows and shapes the beat. It's the opposite of most rock music imo- they can take raw sound and mold it into the music emotion whereas hip-hip/rab groups take a beat and mold it with their voices. It's focused not on bringing out the sadness, but the energy.

I dunno.
                      NOSTALGIA IN THE WORST FASHION

internet de la jerome

because the internet | hazardous

Comment

Metallica last week and Paul McCarthy tomorrow is enough live-music for me for this year

<3 The Beatles
                        5: Da1andonly> !ban epinephrine
                        5: RoboHelp> Are you nuts? You can't ban a staff member!
                        5: Da1andonly> =((
                        5: Epinephrine> !ban da1andonly
                        5: RoboHelp> Staffer "da1andonly" has been banned for abuse.
                        5: Epinephrine> oh shit

Comment

My buddy and his girlfriend either went or are going to see Metallica in concert in Toronto. They got back stage passes and I asked them to see if they could ask Metallica to sign my burnt cd.
                          it makes me sick when i think of it, all my heroes could not live with it so i hope you rest in peace cause with us you never did

Comment

omg zeus if U don't like david bowie U ain't no real brit.
                            Originally Posted by HeavenSent
                            You won't have to wait another 4 years.
                            There wont be another election for president.
                            Obama is the Omega President.
                            http://wegotstoned.blogspot.com/

Comment

Working...
                            X