• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• 9-11 tribute

http://www.politicsandprotest.com/
    "Have Guns and Travel SubSpace / Continuum"

Moved to General Discussion.
    "The weak can never forgive. Forgiveness is the attribute of the strong" -Mahatma Gandhi

-FLaBiN
    flabin@trenchwars.org

Comment

i live in north jersey, about 15 minutes away from where the twin towers were and i remember watching the second plane hit, then all the smoke, its pretty undescribable.

Comment

What makes me sick about this whole thing is hearing people say that the USA deserved it and that it didnt really effect them... You have to be really messed up to show no compassion what-so-ever to those who had to suffer through this.
        :yawn:

Comment

i hate how the pictures moved a lil to the left after they appeared

Comment

Thank you Tobe for showing me this. It was a horrible thing that happened to your country, however, I am glad that it strengthened you. America has the most Patriotism (before and after Sept 11, 2001) and I believe you shoudl all be proud of it.
            The only TWO TIME TWLJ All-Star and TWLB All-Star who never played a game.

Originally posted by Richard Creager
            All space detectives come armed with tcp/ip persona blasting pistols, it's required for their line of duty. Silly of both maisoul and goddess to not know this before hand, they get what they deserved, fucking zapped, bitches.

Comment

9-11 Tribute

just wanted to thank KJW for showing me this, it is pretty touching. i sit here watching the tribute and it humbles you and also brings hope at the same time.

i created two squads for 9-11, i will be wearing "We Will Prevail" (taken from the end of the tribute movie) and also "God Bless The USA" (also taken from the end of the movie) the password has been set to "code". any of you are welcome to wear it, i will also be wearing the American Flag banner, which i'm sure you will be seeing around and will be able to get from a friend.

(edit: i've also created the squad "[9-11-01]" password is "code".)

everyone take care of yourselves
              regards,
              code
              Last edited by code; 09-11-2002, 02:00 AM.

Comment

^funny joke

Comment

Originally posted by Shadows Fall
                  ^funny joke
                  Not really.
                  Music and medicine, I'm living in a place where they overlap.

Comment

Originally posted by ConcreteSchlyrd

Not really.
                    Dishonor is like the scar on a tree, which time, instead of healing, only helps to enlarge.

Comment

Originally posted by Tobe
                      What makes me sick about this whole thing is hearing people say that the USA deserved it and that it didnt really effect them... You have to be really messed up to show no compassion what-so-ever to those who had to suffer through this.
                      We showed compassion. We paid our respects, and I was one of the few in the office who held the 3 minutes silence last year. And also protested against people sending around "joke" mails about the incident. There are those who try to deal with tragedy with humor, but when they send around sick humor images, it isn't trying to deal with the disaster, it's making a mockery of it. However I'm not going to sit through the hours of documentary on TV, because that would be to demean it.

I'm not saying you deserved it. Maybe it was a wakeup call though. And maybe it should be viewed from all sides. I heard there was a documentary about the incident viewed from multiple points of view across the world and it was branded by Americans as "anti-america propoganda". Kinda strange considering that the US proposed to "flood" other countries with "anti-terrorism" and "pro-american" propoganda.

I'll go back to reading about the flooding in Europe. Doubt you guys even see that on your news.
                      Last edited by GuruMeditation; 09-11-2002, 01:55 AM.
                      gravy_: They should do great gran tourismo
                      gravy_: Electric granny chariots
                      gravy_: round the nurburgring

XBL: VodkaSurprise

Comment

For anyone to say that 3000 innocent people "had it coming" when they got killed is completely unjustified. Remember, the people who died weren't all American. There are MANY people from many nations around the world who died that day. People who had nothing to do with American foreign policy, and who were just trying to make a living.

Perhaps the rest of the world agrees that American foreign policy had a lot to do with what happened, you can even say that the American directly through their policy pushed people into doing what they did that day a year ago.

But to be so completely heartless and insensitive to laugh at such events... that's just wrong. Innocent people dying is never justified no matter what. Those people who died that day were just living their lives. Most had nothing to do with people being oppressed or getting killed around the world thanks to powerful American interests. What if you lost a relative in the WTC? Would you think that that relative had it coming to them? Grow up.

Today is a day of rememberance of all that's happened and all those who died. But let us use today and use the events that transpired, to work against tyranny, evil and even horrible foreign policy and let's all make the world a better place.

-Epi
                        Last edited by Epinephrine; 09-11-2002, 01:52 AM.
                        Epinephrine's History of Trench Wars:
                        www.geocities.com/epinephrine.rm

My anime blog:
                        www.animeslice.com

Comment

200-250 British people died in the attack.

Don't assume because I'm not flying the american flag and watching hours of hommage to the event that I'm not paying respect to it. And don't assume the same of others.

Comment

Originally posted by Epinephrine
                            Perhaps the rest of the world agrees that American foreign policy had a lot to do with what happened, you can even say that the American directly through their policy pushed people into doing what they did that day a year ago.
                            I honestly wouldn't say that. Terrorism isn't the intellectual answer to a problem, or even a crisis. It's the desperate action of a people who believe their problems should be solved in weeks when the proper solution would recquire years, maybe even decades of work from their own people.

When our countries had an internal crisis the people rose and tried to make their own solutions. Depending on other countries to do that for them just makes a people weak.

One of the weakness's of mankind is the difficulty they have in grasping projects that span multiple lifetimes.

Comment

Originally posted by GuruMeditation

I honestly wouldn't say that. Terrorism isn't the intellectual answer to a problem, or even a crisis. It's the desperate action of a people who believe their problems should be solved in weeks when the proper solution would recquire years, maybe even decades of work from their own people.

When our countries had an internal crisis the people rose and tried to make their own solutions. Depending on other countries to do that for them just makes a people weak.

One of the weakness's of mankind is the difficulty they have in grasping projects that span multiple lifetimes.
                              Technically American influence keeps many Mid-East regimes in power. You can argue that. Either way those people in the WTC didnt' deserve to die and it was a horrible tragedy.

-Epi
                              Epinephrine's History of Trench Wars:
                              www.geocities.com/epinephrine.rm

My anime blog:
                              www.animeslice.com

Comment

Working...
                              X