9-11 tribute

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by GuruMeditation

We showed compassion. We paid our respects, and I was one of the few in the office who held the 3 minutes silence last year. And also protested against people sending around "joke" mails about the incident. There are those who try to deal with tragedy with humor, but when they send around sick humor images, it isn't trying to deal with the disaster, it's making a mockery of it. However I'm not going to sit through the hours of documentary on TV, because that would be to demean it.

I'm not saying you deserved it. Maybe it was a wakeup call though. And maybe it should be viewed from all sides. I heard there was a documentary about the incident viewed from multiple points of view across the world and it was branded by Americans as "anti-america propoganda". Kinda strange considering that the US proposed to "flood" other countries with "anti-terrorism" and "pro-american" propoganda.

I'll go back to reading about the flooding in Europe. Doubt you guys even see that on your news.
    The funny part is that you immediately took it as a personal insult, when he was talking to the people who actually have said "you deserved it".

Comment

I was simply trying to explain the other side. I don't think anyone on this board would come up and make a reasoned post along the lines of "you deserved it" and why they believe so because of the consequences.
      gravy_: They should do great gran tourismo
      gravy_: Electric granny chariots
      gravy_: round the nurburgring

XBL: VodkaSurprise

Comment

Originally posted by ConcreteSchlyrd

Not really.
        :yawn:

Comment

The reason i dont show full compassion is because of the way americans reacted after the event. I agree 100% that any innocent people dying is not justified in any way, but discriminating against afhgans and all other middle eastern countries after that was the most ignorant thing i've ever seen done. Everything that america has done in the past is justified because its "america" so its ok. well i say fuck that shit, anybody killing innocent people deserves consequences, and that goes for americans too. so when you say that people dont have compassion for america, thats not the case, its just we have the same compassion for all the other people around the world who have died innnocently. Just dont expect any extra compassion because you are from america, and because this has been advertised on every god damn news channel.

Asia Minor> see you sunday fuckers
          Asia Minor> maybe not
          Asia Minor> i hope you guys lose
          bloodzombie> I hope your mom fucks you while you sleep
          bloodzombie> every time you have a wet dream, it's really your mom fucking you
          bloodzombie> remmeber that next time
          bloodzombie> seriously

Comment

How come when someone try's to post something to pay respect to a tragedy you assholes immediatley turn it into an argument of "you had it coming." Thats some really fucked up shit, KJW was trying to share soemthing he found that was trully heart felt and almost put a tear in my eye. Did any of you except the few who said so even look at the clip? You're missing the point of this thread and it makes me sick.
            2 time TWLD runner up.

If not a medal, cant I get a Ribbon??

Comment

Oh and thanks for posting that KJW.
              2 time TWLD runner up.

If not a medal, cant I get a Ribbon??

Comment

Working...
              X