[TW MAFIA] Western Chronicles

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by ixt View Post
    lol where u get the numbers. i thought u said it yourself each game is a "clean slate". you have to PROVE that you have town's best intentions in mind, not by reasoning saying "oh he was mafia last game, he's more likely town" although its a common start to make. and of course, saying youre town doesnt instantly mean you are. but, nothing those who have spoken MYSELF, RODNEY, WILLBY, EXALT. MIDO (somewhat), FIS. those not on the list, get your grove on yo.
    Ah well I think part of it comes in as just statistics as a whole. Even randomized, based on the number of people in and the number if people being selected, statistically you're only likely to draw the mafia straw or town straw so many times in a row before you get the others. On day one, people are trying to look for any angle they can to take a lead, and I don't blame them for that.

For example, if you were town the last two games, each game forward you're a little more likely to be mafia. At worst, though, that should just put you on the suspicion radar to be looked at harder rather than get you killed immediately. But also this early, lynches seem to be a shot in the dark so why not make one that is statistically in your favor?

Comment

to be honest id be fairly interested to see how the game plays out from the sidelines for once, since ive been in the brunt of it all for two straight. will town manage to win another if im not there to play through it? hehehe

Comment

Originally posted by ixt View Post
        to be honest id be fairly interested to see how the game plays out from the sidelines for once, since ive been in the brunt of it all for two straight. will town manage to win another if im not there to play through it? hehehe
        Most likely we will. You can always go through archived games here. Many previous games to train your thinking and also figure out how TW games are played. If you're bored...

Also, I figure I should give people a reason to elect me. I play out in the open, i dont lurk, I make the necessary plays, and I wont be conned. I think there are many good choices, but I am the best choice. We cant be sure anyone is town yet, so unless you have some incredible gut reads, it is in your best interest to elect someone you can trust to play a good town game. Choose me and we will have a strong town to start with.

Comment

no im fine. im just potentially addressing those suspicions of having two prior town roles already. but that would be the same case for soilderz too and undercut, now that im thinking about it. the only difference is that i played out entire two games while they did not (well who knows if under would had jessup not flubbed day one so hard).

Comment

Just noticed the game got going, happy to see a quick start. First off, field, appreciate the hosting and the different game mechanic - it is sure to add a lot to the otherwise tough first day phase, and beyond.

My initial reaction to the Marshall/Mayor elected roles is that it would be a travesty to elect one, let alone two mafia members into these positions. With that being said, is no one else a little weary of those who have come out so eager to be elected into these roles? Certainly, I'm willing to throw my hat into the ring for either role because I know I can help town do the right thing, but I'm a little suspicious of those who have seemed a little too eager to get one of these roles. I suppose that the argument could be made that scum will not put themselves out there like that and they would likely lurk behind the scenes, but I disagree - a good scum player is seasoned at hiding in plain sight and gaining town trust by being active and involved. I'm just saying, if I were scum, I'd likely want to get elected into one of these positions, I wouldn't be lurking and waiting to see how it played out. It's too strong of an advantage to waste the opportunity.

With all that being said, Willby is making my scum sense tingle with his over-eagerness to be elected. Exalt also put himself out there, but I'm pretty sure he would do that whether he is scum or town, so it is less telling. What really made my scum sense tingle on Willby was that he has circled back to post a second time specifically that he wants to get elected and say why. I'm not saying Willby is definitely scum, or even probably scum, we literally know nothing at this stage of the game - just calling it as I see it.

7:Warcraft> Why don't white people hit their kids anymore?

Duel Pasta> great
            Duel Pasta> I spilled juice on my face

Tower> NATIONAL WEED YOUR GARDEN DAY

TWLB Champion Season 12
            TWLJ Champion Season 11
            TWLB All-Star Season 10
            Best undeserved TWL title winner in Trench Wars history

Comment

Originally posted by WillBy View Post

Mayor is d1 only though for actions. Not really worth a debate which role is better. The real strength is bodyguards for town and investigation immune for scum.
              I don't think they are investigation immune, at least from what I've read. The description just says they are kill immune.

Marshall - You are the primary elected role of the game. You get to, once during the game, incarcerate a player for one day and night cycle. You must PM me if you want to incarcerate a player and it will happen the next day (+ night). The incarcerated player cannot vote, cannot use his role, and is immune to being targeted by kills during the night.

Mayor - You are the secondary elected role of the game; the runner up to the election. You gain one extra vote during the day. You also, once elected, get to choose the first player to get lynched in the game (on Day 1). You cannot choose the Marshall.

Note: Elected roles can be of any alignment and will investigate as Marshall or Mayor.

Additionally,

Bodyguard - You are the protector of the elected roles. As long as you are alive the Marshall and Mayor are both immune to all hits during the night. The elected roles will not know who you are. The bodyguard will randomly be chosen from the remaining townies after the Mayor chooses who s/he wants to lynch.

RaCka> imagine standing out as a retard on subspace
              RaCka> mad impressive

Comment

so i just realized from rereading the added abilities. IF either the marshall or mayor falls into mafia hands, then the bodyguard is virtually a sitting duck. field if the game develops into that situation, and if the bodyguard is killed, will the kill feed tell the rest of the townies that the bodyguard has been killed or just their normal assigned role?

Comment

wait im stupid, i read that wrong the elected roles WILL NOT KNOW WHO YOU ARE. ignore me

Comment

how about we decide on 3 or 4 people wanting to be marshall or mayor who we all feel are good at mafia and let them battle it out
                    lukas93> ed if talks come to your door and black if you do not already six!

Comment

Originally posted by Exalt View Post

Actually, from my experience, the first player who claims to be town tend to either be brand new players (ixt last game) or scum, because town players don't tend to give a shit about whether other players think they are town, but rather who is scum. We already know you aren't a new player too.

Also... How can you explain saying this:

with this:

Are you being sarcastic, or is this a serious take? FYI:

"The gambler's fallacy, also known as the Monte Carlo fallacy or the fallacy of the maturity of chances, is the mistaken belief that, if something happens more frequently than normal during a given period, it will happen less frequently in the future (or vice versa)."

"Gambler's fallacy is the false belief that a random process becomes less random, and more predictable, as it is repeated. This is a false belief as the odds of rolling a certain number are the same for each roll, independent of previous or future rolls."
                      it was more or less a light hearted troll but i can see how it would be taken contradictory
                      Big Chill

Comment

Exalt read the note from your quote from field

Comment

Exalt read the note from your quote from field
                          Marshall and Mayor investigate as such, regardless of alignment. Or at least that's how I've read that

Comment

Marshall and Mayor investigate as such, regardless of alignment. Or at least that's how I've read that
                            the exact quote is Note: Elected roles can be of any alignment and will investigate as Marshall or Mayor.

Pretty sure that means that if a scum gets marshall or mayor, investigating them will be futile as they will only show as mayor or marshall and not as guilty or not guilty... thats VERY strong for scum to have and shouldnt be over looked
                            Big Chill

Comment

Also just going to throw this out there, im already picking up a scum vibe from missa from the way she articulated her first post. It reminds me of how i post when im scum

Big Chill

Comment

On the one hand, I screamed at Exalt for so long, and we targeted him so much last game, I kind of feel like I owe him a vote. On the other hand, willby is my boy even though he killed me last game, and he?s a really good mafia player. I?m waiting to see some campaign commercials before I make my vote.

PS can I force a tie in this vote to watch Exalt?s head pop off, field?
                                JAMAL> didn't think there was a worse shark than midoent but the_paul takes it

turban> claus is the type of person that would eat shit just so you would have to smell his breath

Originally posted by Ilya;n1135707
                                the_paul: the worst guy, needs to go back to school, bad at his job, guido

Comment

Working...
                                X