Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Soilderz
    replied
    oh and ixt voted of course, i read it but then couldnt find it again before I posted lol.

Leave a comment:

• Soilderz
    replied
    How about those that are the only ones voting for themselves (under, rodney willby for example) actually removes that vote and puts it on someone else so it gets interesting. Also midoent, zeebu ixt cast your damn vote zzzzzzz

Leave a comment:

• ixt
    replied
    ill throw a vote for exalt

Leave a comment:

• field
    replied
    [VOTE COUNT]

Voth - 4 (fiS, Voth, the_paul, Scurvy)
    Exalt - 3 (Exalt, Soilderz, Missa)
    WillBy - 1 (WillBy)
    Undercut - 1 (Undercut)
    Rodney - 1 (Rodney)

Missing votes: ixt, Zeebu, midoent.

As the votes stand, Voth will be elected Marshall and Exalt will be elected Mayor.

Phase change:
    If discussion does not pick up, I am going to stick to the time I gave and change the phase at
    11:30 PM PST (in 4.5 hours). Please get your votes in.

Leave a comment:

• Zeebu
    replied
    Cmon now skervee

Leave a comment:

• Scurvy
    replied
    Alright guys. First off, I apologize. I peeked in earlier and had no idea I'd dropped the ball so early--Did NOT expect this to jump off so hard/fast. I haven't played since literally the first game, and haven't habitually checked forums for years--something that will obviously be adjusted if I'm kept around after the first few days here.

That being said, a lot of posts I've read are definitely prejudiced based on previous gameplay, so I feel that there are both pros and cons for me presenting a relatively clean slate here. Based solely on gut instinct, I feel like Exalt seems like a pretty experienced and well versed player with a lot of well thought out points. I'm inherently leery, however, of anybody putting that much effort into manipulating opinions so early. But like I said, the pace isn't necessarily what I was expecting, so perhaps I'm just projecting there. Willby also appears to have a firm grasp on the situation, as well as Voth. I'm hesitant to back anybody immediately projecting themselves into a major role, but it would make for a pretty shit game if everybody was too timid to make a stand for anything. Under and Rodney aren't really convincing me much of anything so far, and I'm slowly gathering which participants are largely unpopular, and why.

I guess the point I'm going for is that I think I'd enjoy hanging around, although I can see why my lack of posting thus far would make for a lackluster game overall. But since I'm not officially subbed, i'll go ahead and make my first vote Voth.

Leave a comment:

• ixt
    replied
    But indeed, am bored with the role given

Leave a comment:

• ixt
    replied
    Originally posted by Missa View Post
    Alright, at the end of the day, we can't really trust anyone just yet. I kind of agree so far that Willby seems a bit scummy this game. Undercut has made no further case for himself.. He probably just took a shot in the dark and failed. Voth is continually feeling more and more town to me.. I still wonder why Under was going for him so hard right out of the gate. Undercut??

I'm going to cast my vote based on logic and game play style for now, though I may change it depending on who is leading. I'm comfortable seeing Voth, Exalt, or MAYBE Rodney voted in to these roles so far. I've had a super busy day though so I'm gonna re-read through everything I looked over quickly earlier, and adjust accordingly if I feel necessary. Though lynching off the players that don't seem to give a crap about the game (WHY sign up?? You know you risk getting a role you don't want) -- ixt -- seems like a good way to go. Don't really want to kill off potential random townies, but if his only posts are going to be about how he doesn't have any abilities and whining, why not? Honestly, that's probably a really bad cover for whatever he really is. Maybe a powerful scum role or powerful town role that wants to blend in? The guy loves outing himself instantly, though. Guess we'll find out soon enough.

Vote: Exalt
    ill just highlight this up for your interpretation

Leave a comment:

• the_paul
    replied
    Originally posted by fiS View Post
    It's wierd putting tust into *anyone* while not knowing anything. I feel like Mafia could have an easy go on this but they're being careful.
    This is a pretty weird dynamic. I don?t even like lynching someone on day 1, but that?s much less of a commitment than this is. That?s the way it feels anyway, I?ve played a ton of Mafia and I?ve never been in a game quite like this. Props to field for a setup like this

Leave a comment:

• Missa
    replied
    Alright, at the end of the day, we can't really trust anyone just yet. I kind of agree so far that Willby seems a bit scummy this game. Undercut has made no further case for himself.. He probably just took a shot in the dark and failed. Voth is continually feeling more and more town to me.. I still wonder why Under was going for him so hard right out of the gate. Undercut??

I'm going to cast my vote based on logic and game play style for now, though I may change it depending on who is leading. I'm comfortable seeing Voth, Exalt, or MAYBE Rodney voted in to these roles so far. I've had a super busy day though so I'm gonna re-read through everything I looked over quickly earlier, and adjust accordingly if I feel necessary. Though lynching off the players that don't seem to give a crap about the game (WHY sign up?? You know you risk getting a role you don't want) -- ixt -- seems like a good way to go. Don't really want to kill off potential random townies, but if his only posts are going to be about how he doesn't have any abilities and whining, why not? Honestly, that's probably a really bad cover for whatever he really is. Maybe a powerful scum role or powerful town role that wants to blend in? The guy loves outing himself instantly, though. Guess we'll find out soon enough.

Vote: Exalt

Leave a comment:

• fiS
    replied
    It's wierd putting tust into *anyone* while not knowing anything. I feel like Mafia could have an easy go on this but they're being careful.

Leave a comment:

• the_paul
    replied
    Originally posted by Voth View Post
    Let me make this very clear to everyone: if you vote for me, you will at least be putting one town player into an elected role.

I absolutely love the idea of having our town cop, wherever he/she may be, put into one of these roles. However, I am not willing to blindly throw darts at the board and hope. We can't afford to have a mafia member get elected into one of these positions.

If you had to ask me whom of those is pushing to be elected that I would consider the most pro-town as of now, which means little, it would be Rodney. He seems to be playing a straight shooting game. Honestly, at this moment, I feel that if you elect myself and Rodney, you will likely be electing two townies into these positions, which is huge.

I can't say the same for Willby. I have some renewed suspicion on him based on his last few posts, and if you noticed a few pages back, I was suspicious of him earlier as well. This suspicion has been made worse by ixt's completely out of character gameplay which turned on a dime a few pages into the game, and now he drops a last minute vote on Willby with no explanation and also provoking someone to lynch him. This just stinks, ladies and gents. I hope that this line gets quoted later on in the game to either laugh at me or give me a pat on the back, but I am on fairly sound footing that if you elect Willby to anything, you're handing mafia a critical spot in this game.

Let me allow myself to revise my list of suspicious players:

1. ixt - Reasons have been stated over and over. I really do feel like he got spanked by his mafia buddies and he's quieted down because of it. Now that I called him out, he comes back to be erratic again, claim vanilla townie, ask to be lynched because he's bored of being town, and vote Willby with almost no reasoning behind it at all. Scum or useless, that is all.

2. Willby - Willby is carefully trying to play people in this game, and the more I go back and read, the more I see it. He is seen as a seasoned mafia player, which he is, and his past as one of the recent hosts lends itself to him being able to gain trust. It's not his fault, but I do feel that it is natural. I am confident that Willby is making a big scum power play and pushing for one of these roles, because he knows it could be the key to a mafia victory.

3. Undercut - I am still suspicious of Undercut's lackluster roleclaim immediately following my own. Tons of questions and not enough answers. I am highly suspicious, but I would not be lynching him singlehandedly on the chance that he really is the town roleblocker. Need more time to vett him.

4. Zeebu - Still suspicious due to his unwavering committment to everyone roleclaiming on day 1, but starting to become less so. Perhaps it is just a difference of opinion and we can't come together on it.

5. the_paul - Beginning to give me a feeling that he is Willby's scum buddy. Need more to work with, but a few of his posts are just making me tilt my head in confusion, and then there is the issue of his strange early vote on Willby. He maintains that it is because he is experienced, but there are numerous experienced players here, and you are willing to just roll the dice that Willby is town without providing any analysis as to his posts or anyone elses? Seems blind loyalty, and anti-town.

Ladies and gents, let me just tell you this. I don't care if I am elected Marshall or Mayor. The key here, as I've said, is making sure this power stays out of mafia hands. At this point, I am imploring you to vote me in to one of these positions to assure town keeps a grip on at least one. And if I had to endorse a second candidate, it would be Rodney. Be careful about Willby - seriously.

choo choo
    I like this post, this was a good post. I don't agree with some of your conclusions, but the effort was there and you're putting thought in, which I appreciate. I don't know if I was clear about some things earlier, so I'm going to try to reiterate some of the things I've done so far.

It's no secret that I consider Willby a friend, and I have a lot of respect for him as a Mafia player. That being said, I don't trust him at all. Like I said, there is a short list of people that I believe have the name recognition to be able to get enough votes to be elected. I could very well be wrong, I've been MIA for a while on here. Which segues into the next point. I think I would be able to do serious damage to the mafia in one of these roles. I have more posts in just Mafia games than most people in this game have on the forums as a whole. I am not an unaccomplished player, and a couple of years ago, I would have put myself on the list and made a push to be elected. That's not the case anymore, I don't have the name recognition. I don't know a lot of the people in this game, and they don't know me. That's my fault, and as a result, I don't consider myself a viable candidate.

My vote on Willby came from him meeting just about the lowest possible bar set. I consider him a not braindead Mafia player, others seem to agree in general so he could get more votes from others, and he was active and responsive to other posts. That's a damn low bar, it's not like I'm going out on a limb and throwing huge trust in Willby. I said that until something changed, he had earned my vote by meeting the lowest of possible standards. Well, something changed.

Unvote WILLBY
    Vote VOTH

Now on to you. I know you, so that means you are probably among the more experienced Mafia players participating. You didn't play poorly last game, despite having a tough role. I don't love that you roleclaimed, but that's just a personal view of mine. All things considered, it's a fairly low risk role claim. If you were telling the truth, and you get elected, worst case scenario seems to be that you just get roleblocked by the Mafia roleblocker that we all seem to agree has to exist, while their godfather takes pot shots at us trying to find the bodyguard. That could be worse I supposed. I'm not sold on your role claim by any means, but it's pretty innocuous as far as roleclaims go.

I also don't agree with all of your list. You're correct to be suspicious of everybody, I absolutely agree with that. But I feel like you and Exalt are going to an extra length to read into stupid banter between Willby and myself. But you're thinking, and you're contributing, and I asked somebody else to come earn my vote if they didn't want Willby to get votes, and you did that. Solid post.

Leave a comment:

• Zeebu
    replied
    hurry everyone, start posting stuff

Leave a comment:

• RoDNeY
    replied
    Originally posted by WillBy View Post

Like many, I'd be tempted to lynch inactives. However, I'd probably look at a lurker rather than an inactive. Someone who has posted less than most and their posts lack substance. Staying out of it isnt an option Someone like mido, zeebu, ixt. Not a final list just who comes to mind.

I wouldnt use marshal until I was sure about it.

and I'm not forgetting those 1-off powers, but I repeat that the 1 shots are the weakest part of the elected roles
    I do like the logic behind pushing to lynch a lurker rather than an inactive but only on the case of Scurvy who hasnt posted at all yet because he has no clue game started so fast. If he cannot make it a sub should be offered and his position should still remain in play.

I would consider the person with the least amount of interaction thus far and weigh their level of contribution to the phase in determining who hangs. Which would likely be the person with the least amount of posts in this thread excluding scurvy.

Leave a comment:

• Zeebu
    replied
    i only suggested that the self voting for the mayor/marshal not be allowed cuz it would generate more discussion

Leave a comment:

Working...
X