Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• TW Mafia: Sovngarde Awaits

Hello and welcome to TW Mafia: Sovngarde Awaits

Mafia is a game of social deduction that has been played on the Trench Wars forums for many years. New or old, this game is accessible to all, provided an average skill at deduction and just the right amount of mistrust between friends. The game pits an informed minority (the mafia) against an uninformed majority (the town) for control over the game. We alternate between day and night phases. Each day phase, everyone gets together and chooses someone to be removed from the game (aka lynched). At night, the mafia secretly chooses someone to remove (nightkill). There are many other roles and mechanics involved, but that's all you need to know to get started.

This game will be set in the fantasy land of Tamriel, in the northern province of Skyrim. For those of you who haven't played the game (I highly recommend it, obviously), the game is set in a time without modern weapons, but still plenty of violence through swords, axes, daggers, magic, and fantasy creatures such as dragons, trolls, and werewolves. Tamriel is home to many different races of human-like creatures. In lieu of providing an expansive explanation of the race dynamics in this land, I will just link to the wiki page and I will expand below on the racial tensions affronting the land.

I will repeat my disclaimer from the signup thread- like my usual games, just because someone or something has an evil character does not mean they are evil. While there are certain truths evident in the themeing of the setup, it is dangerous to read too much into the flavor. You do not need to know about Skyrim the game or the lore to understand this game. In the end, roles will be normal (see disclaimer(s) below).

Let's talk more about the setting. For this game, we will be focusing on the Skyrim civil war. Skyrim is home to the Nords, but is ruled by the Empire. The Nords aren't very excited about this foreign rule- they are afraid the empire is secretly under control of a psuedo-foreign power, the Thalmor, a group of High Elfs that rule in their homeland. The Stormcloaks, led by Ulfric Stormcloak are in open rebellion, controlling about half the major cities in Skyrim. In the interest of fairness, this rebellion isn't exactly good for Skyrim either- without a united front, the land of Tamriel could fall to a less tolerable kingdom.
    Skyrim is home to a lot of immigrants, which the Nords also aren't too fond of. While not explicitly one of their war interests, race is a major concern for Nords (As evidenced by their calls, "Skyrim is for the Nords!". Damn NPCs). In their own capitol, Stormcloaks and sympathizers treat the large Dark Elf population with disdain.
    Elsewhere across Skyrim, other, smaller skirmishes are taking place. The Dawnguard is committed to eradicating the local Vampire population, who seeks to control the world using their superior strength. The Forsworn have inhabited Skyrim longer than the Nords have, and don't take too kindly towards outside rule either. A band of heroes (who some might mistake for mercenaries) are secretly a bunch of werewolves! Bands of thieves and assassin are gaining power. Oh and the dragons are back.

Let's talk about how Mafia works in the land of Skyrim:
    It's completely normal. Hidden factions are looking to gain power. Not too bad, eh? Your role PMs will have more information

Disclaimer(s):
    The roles I have chosen might be tweaked slightly and/or X-Shot (limited usage ability).
    I've also been known to create some of the roles myself...

Rules:
    1) Actions occur in this order: Target modifiers (Busdriver, hider, commuter, nexus) -> Strongman -> Action modifiers (roleblock, protection) -> Killing roles -> Miscellaneous (treestump, recruitment) -> Investigative roles
    Target Modifiers, however, can be roleblocked.
    2) All votes must be BOLDED. Unvotes are not necessary but are allowed
    3) You may not abstain from voting.
    4) There will be NO double lynches. In the event of a vote tie, the day will conclude with no one being lynched.
    5) Please keep conversation limited to game-related topics. It's really cool to see a game go into hundreds of pages, but it's a bit of a turn-off for new players and those who can only spare a few minutes for reading.
    6) Phases will last however long I see fit. I expect votes every day and night-actions at night. Please don't keep everyone else waiting. Ideally, day phases will last under 48 hours, and night phases approximately 24 hours. It is your responsibility to make sure the game goes quickly though.
    7) Never re-post any part of any pm sent to you by me. Paraphrasing is okay but I am the final judge of what is acceptable. I will mod-kill you instantly if you do so. Don't be a tool and we'll be cool.
    8) You may not EDIT your posts. Multi-posting to correct what was said is fine.
    9) Do NOT Lurk. I need you to post at least once per phase (more than a one-liner, please). If someone does not do even that much than I will look for a substitute. If someones is seen as lurking more than usual, it is your job as town/mafia to lynch them.
    10) If you're dead, you're dead. Dead people don't talk nor share any information.
    11) If you have any questions, please PM me (in-game or in Forum).
    12) Submit your night actions if you have one. If you don't wish to use yours, please let me know that too so we can move on faster.
    13) I reserve the right to modify the rules slightly for extraneous situations.
    14) I reserve the right to edit/delete posts that don't comply with explicitly stated rules here or via private message.
    15) Don't be shit-heads- to me or to each other.
    16) No private messaging please, unless you are specifically allowed to.
    17) Voth has to vote ixt d1

Sending out role PMs shortly
    Last edited by WillBy; 08-08-2019, 08:11 PM.

Current Phase: Game Over- Mafia Wins

1) Beast- Imperial Army Deserter- Miller- modkilled N1
    2) Voth- Wood Elf Meadery Owner- Townie Roleblocker- Killed N1
    3) field- Dark Elf Trader- Vanilla Townie- Lynched D2
    4) kthx- Nord Stormcloak Lieutenant- Mafia Godfather- Lynched/Banned/Modkilled D1
    5) ixt- Dark Elf Hunter- Townie Tracker- Died of Poison N3
    6) sdrawkcab- Winner!
    7) Exalt- Nord Windhelm Guard- Townie Race Cop- Lynched D3
    8) the_paul- Khajit Hermaeus Mora Slave- Modified Survivor- Killed N3
    9) ffe
    10) rodney
    11) Malp- Winner!

Night 1
    Day 3
    Last edited by WillBy; 08-18-2019, 02:43 PM.

Comment

The civil war rages, but in the silent town of Kynesgrove, on the step of Windhelm, the citizens lead life as normal. Unless something strange were to happen, like a dragon attacked. Most strikes have been to the west. My cousin is even out hunting dragons, when he's not fighting in the war. But ever since I took an arrow to the knee, I've been less useful in a swordfight...

Begin Day 1
      Last edited by WillBy; 08-08-2019, 07:13 PM.

Comment

Hi malp are u new to tw? HAHA

Comment

Werewolves?

Just come clean right now Rodney - who are your fuzzy buddies?
          7:Warcraft> Why don't white people hit their kids anymore?

Duel Pasta> great
          Duel Pasta> I spilled juice on my face

Tower> NATIONAL WEED YOUR GARDEN DAY

TWLB Champion Season 12
          TWLJ Champion Season 11
          TWLB All-Star Season 10
          Best undeserved TWL title winner in Trench Wars history

Comment

Thing to note: since the host is Will, literally ANY role is possible. But, it isn't to be said doubt is validated on any claim, e.g. that sensor role conjure the previous game back. If we are to assume mafia, then I'd hazard a guess 3-4 members, and if there's a third party that remains to be seen.

Comment

Originally posted by ixt View Post
              Thing to note: since the host is Will, literally ANY role is possible. But, it isn't to be said doubt is validated on any claim, e.g. that sensor role conjure the previous game back. If we are to assume mafia, then I'd hazard a guess 3-4 members, and if there's a third party that remains to be seen.
              Scum love to speculate on game mechanics on Day 1.

vote ixt

Duel Pasta> great

TWLB Champion Season 12
              TWLJ Champion Season 11
              TWLB All-Star Season 10

Comment

Originally posted by Voth View Post

Scum love to speculate on game mechanics on Day 1.

vote ixt
                Scum love to claim people who use game mechanics on day one are scum.

VOte: Voth
                Rabble Rabble Rabble

Comment

Is there any problem doing that on DAY 1? Also, you can flip through all past mafia games. I've said the same thing in EVERY single game, so this isn't a justifiable reason to suspect scum, at least for me. But, it's way too early so I'm not gonna smack a vote on you right now just because you're voting me. Now, if the time nears phase change, then that's a different story.

Comment

Doing the same thing meaning estimating scum numbers/possible third party.

Comment

Originally posted by ixt View Post
                      Is there any problem doing that on DAY 1? Also, you can flip through all past mafia games. I've said the same thing in EVERY single game, so this isn't a justifiable reason to suspect scum, at least for me. But, it's way too early so I'm not gonna smack a vote on you right now just because you're voting me. Now, if the time nears phase change, then that's a different story.
                      It's day 1 ixt - I need to vote you. Even if I change my vote a minute later. I'm pretty sure it's written right in the rules.

Duel Pasta> great

TWLB Champion Season 12
                      TWLJ Champion Season 11
                      TWLB All-Star Season 10

Comment

PS- hi kthx, nice to see you're not banned.

Duel Pasta> great

TWLB Champion Season 12
                        TWLJ Champion Season 11
                        TWLB All-Star Season 10

Comment

I know right those faggots are whining about a bunch of shit lately
                          Rabble Rabble Rabble

Comment

Originally posted by Voth View Post

It's day 1 ixt - I need to vote you. Even if I change my vote a minute later. I'm pretty sure it's written right in the rules.
                            lol.

Comment

vote malp

damn i just started playing skyrim too this is a little bit too close to home rn
                              sigpic

Trench Wars Rap Battle 1&2 Winner

Comment

Working...
                              X