No announcement yet.

Mafia 2020: Town of Salem

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• It's day 3 now. That's 3 straight nights of some kind of an investigative role to have done something. One of you fuk fuk flatheads dont have any kind of results yet? Really?
    RaCka> imagine standing out as a retard on subspace
    RaCka> mad impressive

Comment

• Kass said he is playing for town and has role claimed Survivor. We KNOW he is not a vampire now because he is protected by his vests and used only 1 last night which was VERY VERY probably mafia strike. I would be dumb not to be on his side right now and so would the entire town.
      TWDT-J CHAMPION POWER 2018
      TWDT-B CHAMPION POWER 2018
      TWDT TRIPLE CROWN MEMBER POWER 2018
      TSL TRIPLE CROWN FINALIST 2018
      TSLD CHAMPION 2018
      TSLB CHAMPION 2018

Comment

• At least he answered, although I could argue that people voting Voth because he goes after people personally is doing the exact same thing that he was being accused of. Also, Kassius has actually claimed a bulletproof role that is, at best, neutral and not pro town, but Voth was voted for because people didn't like his roleclaim? 2 is a fair point, although I was trying to make the case that keeping the bus driver alive would have made this game a lot easier to win. On a perfect night, Willby could protect whoever, Beast could watch Voth or Willby, Voth could bus drive Willby or Beast or even himself, and the scum teams would essentially be taking a shot in the dark any time they tried to take out any of our 3 claimed power roles (this is assuming everyone is honest). So while 2 is a fair point, I argued then and continue to argue that the risk was higher than the potential reward. Luckily something seemed to work out last night, so this has been a moot point so far, but I still believe it.

I'm not necessarily saying Vehicle is scum and his reasoning is bullshit. Just trying to point out that the logic to go after Voth ironically applies to basically everyone who voted for him. Going to leave my vote on Vehicle because of the anticipated roleclaim, then I'm planning on moving down the list.
        JAMAL> didn't think there was a worse shark than midoent but the_paul takes it

turban> claus is the type of person that would eat shit just so you would have to smell his breath

Originally posted by Ilya;n1135707
        the_paul: the worst guy, needs to go back to school, bad at his job, guido

Comment

• Originally posted by Exalt View Post
          It's day 3 now. That's 3 straight nights of some kind of an investigative role to have done something. One of you fuk fuk flatheads dont have any kind of results yet? Really?
          Its 2 nights, who's flatheaded now? and all they've got is that I have a night action, so yeah, it may still be them.

Comment

• Originally posted by Jessup View Post
            Kass said he is playing for town and has role claimed Survivor. We KNOW he is not a vampire now because he is protected by his vests and used only 1 last night which was VERY VERY probably mafia strike. I would be dumb not to be on his side right now and so would the entire town.
            Incorrect. We know that he has claimed to have vests. A vest is used every night, not every time he is targeted, so we have no idea if he was actually targeted or not at any point. I find it interesting that you and Kassius accuse me of protecting Willby, while you and Kassius protect each other even more. What proof do we actually have that Kassius is bulletproof? Nothing, other than no night kills last night. Why do you believe him and not Willby? The only one who has confirmed anything is Beast, Kassius is absolutely no more confirmed than Willby. And for someone who was pushing the poison theory earlier, you're trusting Kassius just because there were no kills? What happened to the poisoner and that Willby deserved heat even though Exalt didn't die right away? What is with the lack of consistency here?

Town would be dumb to trust Kassius implicitly, just like they would be dumb to trust Willby implicitly. Kassius isn't worth devoting all of our energy to, just like Willby isn't, but your implicit trust of his claim while continuing to try to paint Willby into a corner is interesting. It's also interesting that you're doing exactly what you accused me of. What is with this fervent determination to make us believe Kassius is pro town?

turban> claus is the type of person that would eat shit just so you would have to smell his breath

Comment

• Originally posted by Vehicle View Post
              FYI: I also voted PartyFalcon way earlier in the phase so he actually has two votes on him, tying him with me I believe.

I shouldn't have to re-explain why I voted Voth: 1) I didn't believe his busdriver rc 2) I didn't like that he lied to town by using his ability if he were actually a busdriver 3) vengeance and because I hate playing games with him.

I have a conference call in 15 minutes and then I plan to roleclaim. Hang tight boys. Not that my rc will make much difference.
              For when you return:
              1) why didnt you believe his claim? Was it a gut feeling or did you have a reason to believe
              2) I feel like this conflicts with point 1. How can you vote for someone because you dont believe his claim, but trust he performed a night action? I know you're going to come up with some dismissive answer for this contradiction.
              3) fair point, but this doesnt stand if you had a shred of belief in his role claim. Voting for someone you believe is probably townie is as anti-townie as you can be. That's why I didnt vote beast last phase despite poor play.

Looming forward to a role claim. Sounds like it's something other than VT, since it takes over 15 minutes to explain.

Comment

• Conference call got delayed 15 minutes, that should be enough time:

Hello my fellow townsman, my name is Vehicle and I am your town psychic.

My role didn't kick in until three people died so last night I had my first vision. It works like this:
                Odd nights: you receive visions of three players, at least one is evil
                Even nights: you receive visions of two players, at least one is good

The key words are at least. So I got two names last night, at least one is good but they both could, in theory, be good.

So who came to me in my sleep last night? Why it was Jessup and Kassius of course!

This is why I didn't insta-roleclaim at the beginning of the phase. I was typing my claim up when Kassius claimed survivor so I asked ixt if neutral counted as good or bad and he said neither. It seemed highly unlikely that people were going to vote Kassius and with Voth gone I expected Jessup to survive the phase so I was going to wait until tomorrow to roleclaim because the odd-night information is going to be more actionable I think but now I'll probably be dead by then.

Basically: If you believe Kassius's claim, then Jessup is confirmed town.

That's all I got. And, as is tradition in mafia games I play, I'll die tonight for telling you.
                Vehicle> ?help Will the division's be decided as well today?
                Message has been sent to online moderators
                2:BLeeN> veh yes
                (Overstrand)>no
                2:Vehicle> (Overstrand)>no
                2:BLeeN> ok then no
                :Overstrand:2:Bleen> veh yes
                (Overstrand)>oh...then yes

Comment

• Originally posted by WillBy View Post

For when you return:
                  1) why didnt you believe his claim? Was it a gut feeling or did you have a reason to believe
                  2) I feel like this conflicts with point 1. How can you vote for someone because you dont believe his claim, but trust he performed a night action? I know you're going to come up with some dismissive answer for this contradiction.
                  3) fair point, but this doesnt stand if you had a shred of belief in his role claim. Voting for someone you believe is probably townie is as anti-townie as you can be. That's why I didnt vote beast last phase despite poor play.

Looming forward to a role claim. Sounds like it's something other than VT, since it takes over 15 minutes to explain.
                  1) I didn't believe him because he made the claim with his neck in the noose at the end of Day 1 and it saved him. The only reason he rc'd was because he was about to die and busdriver is a really convenient role to claim.

2) I still didn't believe him and I still thought he was lying about bussing Jessup but if he was telling the truth, it means he still lied to everyone about how he was going to handle his role, a role that had the potential to royally fuck town if Voth wanted. But, again, I didn't believe the claim in the first place.

3) I know this was selfish. Maybe I shouldn't of listed it as a reason and just said it made casting the vote a lot easier.
                  (Overstrand)>no

Comment

• Originally posted by Vehicle View Post
                    Conference call got delayed 15 minutes, that should be enough time:

Hello my fellow townsman, my name is Vehicle and I am your town psychic.

My role didn't kick in until three people died so last night I had my first vision. It works like this:
                    Odd nights: you receive visions of three players, at least one is evil
                    Even nights: you receive visions of two players, at least one is good

The key words are at least. So I got two names last night, at least one is good but they both could, in theory, be good.

So who came to me in my sleep last night? Why it was Jessup and Kassius of course!

This is why I didn't insta-roleclaim at the beginning of the phase. I was typing my claim up when Kassius claimed survivor so I asked ixt if neutral counted as good or bad and he said neither. It seemed highly unlikely that people were going to vote Kassius and with Voth gone I expected Jessup to survive the phase so I was going to wait until tomorrow to roleclaim because the odd-night information is going to be more actionable I think but now I'll probably be dead by then.

Basically: If you believe Kassius's claim, then Jessup is confirmed town.

That's all I got. And, as is tradition in mafia games I play, I'll die tonight for telling you.
                    God this role is going to turn this game into a clusterfuck. Not your fault though. Works for me for now.

Unvote VEHICLE

Comment

• Also, assuming the roleclaim is true and assuming we all survive today and tonight, anyone want to place odds on both myself and Willby appearing in tomorrow's list of names? I'll give you some great odds to bet against this happening.

Comment

• Originally posted by the_paul View Post

God this role is going to turn this game into a clusterfuck.
                        Yeah that was my thought when I got it too. I had always planned on roleclaiming once it kicked in but then Kassius claimed and it made it kind of pointless to rc today basically just to protect Jessup (assuming you believe Kassius)0 when I could roleclaim tomorrow clearing Jessup AND giving a list that was guaranteed to contain at least one scum.

The hope is that scum doesn't kill me because the info I get is so opaque. You hear that scum? My psychic powers are just going to confuse things every phase, no need to send anyone to my tent. I don't know why I assume I live in a tent.
                        (Overstrand)>no

Comment

• Lol Paul. So if I'm reading this right, if all claims are true, then the Voth lynch list is still the scum list?

Comment

• PF is having some squeeky-bum time at the moment I imagine.

Comment

• Originally posted by Kassius View Post
                              Lol Paul. So if I'm reading this right, if all claims are true, then the Voth lynch list is still the scum list?
                              Assuming all claims are true, the best odds of lynching scum IMO are people on the Voth train and/or anyone on individual trains when the phase ended. Mafia would have to be braindead flathead fuk fuk idiots to all be on the Voth wagon, so there's probably at least 1 on the backwards wagon or on their own wagon, but the higher percentage play is the Voth wagon.

Agree? Disagree? Makes sense to me, but that was largely thinking out loud. Exalt is our statistics and probability guru

Comment

• Yeah I'm just throwing his name out there because it hasn't really been mentioned but:

kthx was on the Voth train too. He seems to only be sticking his head out of the sand when he's under pressure (from Voth last round). That's the only reason I have to be suspicious of him, though. It's about the same amount of evidence I have for voting PF though, too.
                                (Overstrand)>no

Comment

Working...
                                X