No announcement yet.

Mafia 2020: Town of Salem

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• I read through what's been posted so far pretty quickly so if I say something mistaken please correct me:

Willby protected himself and not Beast
    Beast has yet to say who he watched
    Kassius is claiming neutral survivor with the ability to protect, when did he say he had 4 bulletproof vests?
    Jessup is still throwing shade at Willby

I can understand the shade being thrown since Willby didn't do what he said the best strategy for town would be to do. But I can also understand his selfish decision to protect himself. I will say, though, that oftentimes protective roles aren't allowed to protect themselves, no?

I'd like to know who Beast watched.

I think our best course of action is to look at who voted for Voth, someone on that list is probably scum:
    Voth:5 (Kthx, Vehicle, PartyFalcon, backwards, Kassius)

I'm town, backwards is dead and scum, Kassius is claiming survivor. So kthx or PartyFalcon.

Vote PartyFalcon for now with a strong possibility to change.

Kthx really only became active when Voth was throwing tons of shit in his direction, which makes me a little suspicious.

The reason I'm voting for PartyFalcon, though, is because his vote for Voth was basically based on Voth's bad attitude, an easy cover for a scumgang member. There's a bit of cognitive dissonance in his essays too, where he berates some of us for voting with our hearts (past grudges, etc.) but then votes Voth for being a dick. Is Voth a dick? Yes. Did PartyFalcon use that fact as cover to help lynch a townie? Well, I'm not sure, but that's where my vote's at for now.
    Vehicle> ?help Will the division's be decided as well today?
    Message has been sent to online moderators
    2:BLeeN> veh yes
    (Overstrand)>no
    2:Vehicle> (Overstrand)>no
    2:BLeeN> ok then no
    :Overstrand:2:Bleen> veh yes
    (Overstrand)>oh...then yes

Comment

• sigh .. that wasn't the thing I wanted to hear from you kass. but thx for being honest. Stick with town we will help you win.. We forgive you for being such a shitty bodyguard b4 u turned into a survivor.. If we win you can be redeemed as a townie :P
      TWDT-J CHAMPION POWER 2018
      TWDT-B CHAMPION POWER 2018
      TWDT TRIPLE CROWN MEMBER POWER 2018
      TSL TRIPLE CROWN FINALIST 2018
      TSLD CHAMPION 2018
      TSLB CHAMPION 2018

Comment

• I'm not allowed to paste anything from my PM from Ixt on my role verbatim, but what was said implied a faction change is possible. It could just be a copy+paste intro PM from a ToS game with a larger pool of players and more factions, or it could mean role-changes in this game is possible. So my first thought is there could be vampire(s). The only thing keeping me suspecting Willby of this is the lack of town protective roles on show.

As a summary reasoning of my previous actions, I didn't want to flip away from my vote too early on Willby the other day, despite pressure from others, because of that possibility (3rd factions). Now, I'm considering those that were calling me out for staying on you are likely to be town-allied. Scum wouldn't be too bothered about me keeping my vote on you either. I had a very strong read on Voth as town, but I was backed into a corner and was forced to save myself, going to bed a good 6 hours before the phase change I had no choice.

People I'm reading most as town at the moment - Willby, Jessup

Non-town - Kthx. That 'I've played ToS before but I don't remember about vampires' message seems really suspect. Also PF, really knee-jerk response to my claim, with next to no analysis/thought into it. Seems very reactionary.

Also, lots of lurkers at this phase change. I'm generally less inclined to think that people jumping to post are scum, they are more than likely trying to figure out what happened to make their nightkill fail and come up with a coordinated response. Except PF, really put his foot in it, imho.

Comment

• Originally posted by Vehicle View Post
          I read through what's been posted so far pretty quickly so if I say something mistaken please correct me:

Willby protected himself and not Beast
          Beast has yet to say who he watched
          Kassius is claiming neutral survivor with the ability to protect, when did he say he had 4 bulletproof vests?
          Jessup is still throwing shade at Willby

I can understand the shade being thrown since Willby didn't do what he said the best strategy for town would be to do. But I can also understand his selfish decision to protect himself. I will say, though, that oftentimes protective roles aren't allowed to protect themselves, no?

I'd like to know who Beast watched.
          This game is based on Town of Salem, a browser/steam game with set roles. The survivor role has 4 protective vests. Doctor can self protect once.

Regarding my "selfish" decision to self protect, you arent wrong, but until we know that beast watched me and nobody else visited me, I maintain it was the best decision and quite likely prevented my death. Without beast agreeing to my circle of protection plan, I wasnt going to take the risk on him. Hes been negative utility to me so far, and I wasnt going to let myself get let down.

I am considering that mafia targeted Kassius though. Not sure why they would, besides that he was supposedly an open target (more open than beast or I).

Comment

• Originally posted by Jessup View Post
            sigh .. that wasn't the thing I wanted to hear from you kass. but thx for being honest. Stick with town we will help you win.. We forgive you for being such a shitty bodyguard b4 u turned into a survivor.. If we win you can be redeemed as a townie :P
            :laugh4:

Comment

• Also I'm unsure if partyfalcon is a scum or town but I personally really appreciated his posts about how childish voth behaves and how that style play winds up hurting town more than helping town. I dunno if it was a purposeful scum play or how he actually felt but either way I sure enjoyed reading it . Made me feel all fuzzy and warm, especially when he questioned why people focus on bashing me so much, I make some good plays and points in these games on occasion He made me feel humanity has some hope still.. even in this god forsaken forum
              TSLD CHAMPION 2018
              TSLB CHAMPION 2018

Comment

• Originally posted by WillBy View Post

This game is based on Town of Salem, a browser/steam game with set roles. The survivor role has 4 protective vests. Doctor can self protect once.

Regarding my "selfish" decision to self protect, you arent wrong, but until we know that beast watched me and nobody else visited me, I maintain it was the best decision and quite likely prevented my death. Without beast agreeing to my circle of protection plan, I wasnt going to take the risk on him. Hes been negative utility to me so far, and I wasnt going to let myself get let down.

I am considering that mafia targeted Kassius though. Not sure why they would, besides that he was supposedly an open target (more open than beast or I).
                I was doing my damndest to make me seem an easy target before using a vest, it's the most useful thing I could do.

Comment

Made me feel all fuzzy

He made me feel humanity
                  Jessup a werewolf?

Comment

• Originally posted by WillBy View Post

Jessup a werewolf?
                    You mean PF is a werewolf and he just bit Jessup :O

Comment

• Originally posted by Kassius View Post

People I'm reading most as town at the moment - Willby, Jessup

Non-town - Kthx. That 'I've played ToS before but I don't remember about vampires' message seems really suspect.
                      I didn't bring up vampires, just commented on someone's post about them.
                      Rabble Rabble Rabble

Comment

• um kass so... did your message say you were visited last night and your bullet proof vest saved u?
                        TSLD CHAMPION 2018
                        TSLB CHAMPION 2018

Comment

Also I'm unsure if partyfalcon is a scum or town but I personally really appreciated his posts about how childish voth behaves and how that style play winds up hurting town more than helping town.
                          That I do agree with.
                          Vehicle> ?help Will the division's be decided as well today?
                          Message has been sent to online moderators
                          2:BLeeN> veh yes
                          (Overstrand)>no
                          2:Vehicle> (Overstrand)>no
                          2:BLeeN> ok then no
                          :Overstrand:2:Bleen> veh yes
                          (Overstrand)>oh...then yes

Comment

um kass so... did your message say you were visited last night and your bullet proof vest saved u?
                            No, I think I get as much as most other roles, success or failure. If I'm still alive and it's a failure, I guess I'd be a vampire? Otherwise I'd just be dead. It's also basic protection, so gasoline, plague etc. I'd imagine would still affect me but I don't know for sure. Maybe this is something ixt could clear up as an ability clarification?

Comment

• Originally posted by Kassius View Post

No, I think I get as much as most other roles, success or failure. If I'm still alive and it's a failure, I guess I'd be a vampire? Otherwise I'd just be dead. It's also basic protection, so gasoline, plague etc. I'd imagine would still affect me but I don't know for sure. Maybe this is something ixt could clear up as an ability clarification?
                              You'll probably have to PM him, as any response otherwise would be hard to not confirm you

Comment

• Originally posted by kthx View Post

I didn't bring up vampires, just commented on someone's post about them.
                                For the record, I don't remember the vampires either. Poisoner wasn't a ToS role then either.

Comment

Working...
                                X