Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Holiday Mafia: Not A Creature Was Stirring....

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by LF View Post
    Not confirmed by any wiki or anything, but just in my own personal experience playing this game elsewhere (Town Of Salem), then Godfather can not target himself. Lets say he's not in any way impacted by an outside force (Like a transporter) does he just shoot himself in the foot and nothing happens? I think that's stupid and wouldn't allow it

Backwards did, in fact, try to do exactly that on the final night....target himself
    Clever. I thought he might which is why I asked that in the night phase. Your explanation makes sense though.
    JAMAL> didn't think there was a worse shark than midoent but the_paul takes it

turban> claus is the type of person that would eat shit just so you would have to smell his breath

Originally posted by Ilya;n1135707
    the_paul: the worst guy, needs to go back to school, bad at his job, guido

Comment

• Suck it 2020! Thanks for the host LF, was fun. Hope the next one has more signups.

Paul, I'll never be able to get over you hammering your own scum roleblocker until I lynch you when you're scum. In historic fashion.

I personally found Vehicle to be playing strangely and had a gut scum feeling, and I did think he was a solid pick to be sent to do a NK if he was scum. Jessup was pretty obviously scum and definitely a no brainer to send for a kill because no one pays attention to her. Got lucky with those. This game could have been over in the other direction or in Willbys favor quick if I didn't get those.

One point I meant to bring up was that the open setup really makes it a killer for the scum team if they don't immediately counterclaim and pretty much sacrifice a player, hoping they will take the townie they counterclaim on out first. When myself and Exalt were both allowed to just claim and not be pressed at all, that was the beginning of the end. Especially in a game this size.

7:Warcraft> Why don't white people hit their kids anymore?

Duel Pasta> great
      Duel Pasta> I spilled juice on my face

Tower> NATIONAL WEED YOUR GARDEN DAY

TWLB Champion Season 12
      TWLJ Champion Season 11
      TWLB All-Star Season 10
      Best undeserved TWL title winner in Trench Wars history

Comment

• Was a good game, I also had feeling vehicle was scum, and he being my ex mafia partner of a few games, and me always pming him about my games success, it's no wonder he targeted me first.
        but voth, and exalt finally pulled through after several games of fighting amongst eachother. Future games are defintley going to be interesting now. ty for carrying me to 3x mafia championship buds.
        2018 TWDT Champion 2019 TWLD Final 4 2019 TWDTJ Semi finalist 2019 2x TWDTD Finalist 2020 TW Forum Mafia Game champion

Comment

• Voth's 2020 redemption game
          RaCka> imagine standing out as a retard on subspace
          RaCka> mad impressive

Comment

• Originally posted by the_paul View Post
            I can't tag you for some reason, but thank you for hosting LF. It was a fun game.

Out of a curiosity about mechanics, what would have happened if Backwards had targeted himself last night? Would he have killed Exalt because I bus drove them? Lots of interesting mechanical questions that came up in the game, which was a fun change of pace.
            In scum chat first I said kill voth then exalt then I started screaming I KILL MYSELF!!! when I realized I was gonna be bussed

Originally posted by Turban
            everyone new(ish) player seems to be naive as fuck.

Comment

• In the past have you guys played with "mystery" roles? Obviously Mafia would know each other but I find it an intriguing concept to play a game without actually knowing what roles are in the game
              1:wbm> i squint when im angry

Originally posted by mtine
              Yo LF, u'll never get me. Trust me, SUCK MY CUNT U MADAFAKING IDIOT!!! Cum at me bro. God, ur even worse than some fags irl's history. commit suicide since u aren't even worth 5 penises. CAN'T TOUCH DIS!!! Jeez man. ALL UR MOFOS THAT U RULE IN THIS GAME SHUD RLY SEE HOW UGLY U R IRL AND HOW DUMB AS WELL. Oh, 1 last thing: CAN'T TOUCH THIS ASS.

Comment

• Good game. Good pick Voth of me N1. That, plus Exalt roleclaiming early, basically made it impossible for scum team in my opinion. There was basically only one role left for four people to fight over on D2. If town didn't get scum on D2 though I think they were basically cooked, so it's by no fault of the game design that scum got fucked.

I played poorly. We didn't have to use all of our abilities N1 as scum team and I should of realized someone would be watching. I will say, though, that scums "hypnotist" role was basically useless, especially after we killed the psychic N1.

Having the roles out in the open made for an easier-to-follow game but made it super difficult once you were spotted. I should of counter-claimed D2 but I don't think it would have mattered. For what its worth, scum team went to bed thinking the phase was going to go longer than it did. I woke up IRL and I was dead already. I don't think we had the numbers to swing the vote but that was originally the plan. To see if paul would vote for someone other than me and then steamroll. Paul ended up voting for me anyway, so maybe it's moot.

OK, enough rambling from me. I died D2 and didn't contribute much. Good try backwards. Jessup, good try too even though I still think it was crazy of you to counter-claim your teammate when you were basically dead already. I failed you.
                Vehicle> ?help Will the division's be decided as well today?
                Message has been sent to online moderators
                2:BLeeN> veh yes
                (Overstrand)>no
                2:Vehicle> (Overstrand)>no
                2:BLeeN> ok then no
                :Overstrand:2:Bleen> veh yes
                (Overstrand)>oh...then yes

Comment

• Originally posted by LF View Post
                  In the past have you guys played with "mystery" roles? Obviously Mafia would know each other but I find it an intriguing concept to play a game without actually knowing what roles are in the game
                  This is generally how games are set up here. It gives everyone a little more flexibility to freelance, but it can also lead to some top notch shit shows. Definitely a mixed bag.

sdrawkcab I actually asked LF if that was theoretically something you could do. I submitted the action anyway and assumed I was overthinking things, but I'm glad I wasn't lol

turban> claus is the type of person that would eat shit just so you would have to smell his breath

Comment

• Neat game. Hard position as the plague bearer- I agree it would have been more interesting (though not necessarily balanced) with a more active third party role.

Props to Voth, Exalt for playing it well and figuring out the setup as quickly as possible. I like to think I could've thrown a wrench into it had I survived another night.

Nice try mafia team, seems like you guys just got fked by Voth. Maybe you shouldnt kill the wildcard??

I much prefer closed setups. I strongly considered claiming busdriver after Voth and Exalt had claimed, but I would have been immediately counterclaimed or likely nightkilled right after.

What's next? I have a game more or less developed from last year, though its higher player count. I could also look at developing a low player count game that I think could be interesting. Mechanically closer to Among Us or Dead of Winter, but adapted for forums. If someone else wants to go, that's fine as well. I just cant stand paul feeling so successful about himself...

Comment

• Originally posted by WillBy View Post
                      Neat game. Hard position as the plague bearer- I agree it would have been more interesting (though not necessarily balanced) with a more active third party role.

Props to Voth, Exalt for playing it well and figuring out the setup as quickly as possible. I like to think I could've thrown a wrench into it had I survived another night.

Nice try mafia team, seems like you guys just got fked by Voth. Maybe you shouldnt kill the wildcard??

I much prefer closed setups. I strongly considered claiming busdriver after Voth and Exalt had claimed, but I would have been immediately counterclaimed or likely nightkilled right after.

What's next? I have a game more or less developed from last year, though its higher player count. I could also look at developing a low player count game that I think could be interesting. Mechanically closer to Among Us or Dead of Winter, but adapted for forums. If someone else wants to go, that's fine as well. I just cant stand paul feeling so successful about himself...
                      How does it feel to know I killed you without having a killing role? I'm pretty sure my message said to busdrive "dirty fucking chiefs fan willby"

Comment

• In the end, this game really ended differently than expected. When I saw the open setup I raised an eyebrow and figured there was very little way for town to win the game at all. It's extraordinarily rare for a tracker or any investigative role to literally bat .1000% and target the right players at the right time and not get blocked or bus driven or killed when claiming early. And don't get me wrong, I do think I played well but I'm not boasting, I really do think it was a near statistical miracle that we pulled that one out.

Maybe I missed it, but why the hell did the scum team target Beast N1?

Duel Pasta> great

TWLB Champion Season 12
                        TWLJ Champion Season 11
                        TWLB All-Star Season 10

Comment

• Originally posted by Voth View Post

Maybe I missed it, but why the hell did the scum team target Beast N1?
                          I assume they just thought nobody would protect Beast, not realizing that me and Paul had no intention of protecting anyone N1.
                          RaCka> imagine standing out as a retard on subspace
                          RaCka> mad impressive

Comment

• Voth It was basically entirely my decision to kill Beast. The reasoning was that Beast always coasts for a couple of days and was unlikely to be watched/protected/busdriven. Everyone had a role that selected someone (except the psychic), so I figured it was the most likely to go through clean. There really wasn't that much thought into it.

I disagree with you about the open setup, I think it highly favors town. When the mechanics are fully out in the open it's much harder to hide in the shadows.
                            Vehicle> ?help Will the division's be decided as well today?
                            Message has been sent to online moderators
                            2:BLeeN> veh yes
                            (Overstrand)>no
                            2:Vehicle> (Overstrand)>no
                            2:BLeeN> ok then no
                            :Overstrand:2:Bleen> veh yes
                            (Overstrand)>oh...then yes

Comment

• GG all, Voth you chose well you fk fk and I must add had some great luck :P. Tracker hitting N1 put us in a serious pickle with counterclaiming. Countering tracker or crusader was pretty impossible for us without being very vulnerable. Still we probably should have fake claimed. I had hypnotized Willby saying he was bus driven N1 so personally wanted to claim busdriver because if willby was town and not busdriver himself it could have worked but I wasn't sure if he or T_P was plaguebearer/transporter so held back.

Anyways GG again.

Also Sailor Jupiter is a player in TW who told me she would like to play mafia and didn't realize it was happening until too late this time around just for the record of another we shud persue.. we should look for more people and make ?message invites in game too besides only doing @'s only here to folks.
                              Thank you for the host too LF was fun game!
                              TWDT-J CHAMPION POWER 2018
                              TWDT-B CHAMPION POWER 2018
                              TWDT TRIPLE CROWN MEMBER POWER 2018
                              TSL TRIPLE CROWN FINALIST 2018
                              TSLD CHAMPION 2018
                              TSLB CHAMPION 2018

Comment

• Originally posted by Vehicle View Post
                                Voth It was basically entirely my decision to kill Beast. The reasoning was that Beast always coasts for a couple of days and was unlikely to be watched/protected/busdriven. Everyone had a role that selected someone (except the psychic), so I figured it was the most likely to go through clean. There really wasn't that much thought into it.

I disagree with you about the open setup, I think it highly favors town. When the mechanics are fully out in the open it's much harder to hide in the shadows.
                                I think I misspoke or you misunderstood. The open setup helped us tremendously. Scum team let and exalt get quasi-confirmed by not counterclaiming and that was huge in a game this small.

Duel Pasta> great

TWLB Champion Season 12
                                TWLJ Champion Season 11
                                TWLB All-Star Season 10

Comment

Working...
                                X