Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Mafia Championship Season 8 Invitation

Voth WillByVehiclethe_paulJessupsdrawkcabHalp kthx

I got a message on discord from the Mafia Universe people. Mafia Champs Season 8 is starting soon and we've been invited back.

For those of you who don't know, I represented TW Forums in Season 7 a while back. Long story short, it's basically a big tournament where a bunch of different forums send a representative and you get to experience playing against new people from a bunch of different backgrounds. In the game I played in, I was against Town of Salem, some pokemon forum, a magic the gathering forum, DSLReports forum, some gambling forum, etc.

As a warning, most of them are far more... PC... than we are used to in Trenchwars. I apparently shocked the shit out of some people playing the way I normally do, so keep that in mind. You will probably get us permanently banned if you joke the way we do on a normal basis here, but aside from that, it's not that bad. You just have to be more clever in your insults. Calling them a smoothbrained donkey will probably work, but saying they're a dick ducking faggot won't fly.

Oh, and they have a spectator discord with a shit ton of people watching and commenting on your play (which is interesting to read after the game). There's also a weekly twitch stream talk show thing. So eyes will be on you.

Anyway, here's the message I got:

"Hey Exalt! Season 8 of the mafia championship is starting soon; would you mind sharing the invite with SSCU Trench Wars Forums and getting rep selection hype going?
    [2:26 PM]
    Invite text is here: https://docs.google.com/document/d/1...it?usp=sharing"

To save you all a click:

INVITATION TO THE MAFIA CHAMPIONSHIP (SEASON 8)

Ahoy there!

I’m very excited to invite your community to participate in Season 8 of the Mafia Championship.

The Mafia Championship is an annual forum-based tournament series that pits representatives from various online Mafia (aka Werewolf) communities against one another as they compete to determine the Internet’s greatest forum Mafia player. Each participating community democratically elects one person to represent them and be their “Champion”.

The tournament first started back in 2013. Since then, 320+ different communities and 50+ different nationalities have been represented.

It’s a super fun event that has created many new friendships and close bonds between communities. I hope that you would be interested in taking part
    1. DO YOU ACCEPT THE INVITATION?

If your community wishes to participate, please confirm your participation to Lissa as soon as you can to ensure yourselves a spot. Currently, the plan is to accommodate 150 communities this season. If there is further interest, additional communities may sign up as substitutes; generally there are some replacements needed both before and during games.

If your community agrees to participate, the deadline for selecting your representative is May 7th, but the sooner the better.

The games will take place on Mafia Universe. If it’s okay, I can link directly to the general discussion thread regarding this topic on Mafia Universe.

Important notes
    • You may decide yourselves how you want to elect your representative, but we highly recommend some sort of democratic process (public nominations followed by a poll usually works out well).
    • In addition to electing a representative, you should also name an alternate (a back-up) who will be asked to step in if the first choice needs to back out.
    • Your representative should be prepared for having to read upwards of 500-600 posts per 24 hours during the early stages of the game. Additionally, there’s a requirement that each player must make at least 10 posts per Game Day. Only active players should apply/participate. I repeat: Your chosen player needs to be able to promise a good amount of activity on a daily basis!

1. SEASON 8 FORMAT

The tournament structure
    • 150 communities will participate, each sending one representative.
    • QUALIFIERS: 10 Qualifier Games will be played, consisting of 15 players each. I.e. every representative plays in one Qualifier Game. The players themselves vote post-game to determine who is deserving of advancement. 1st and 2nd place will advance to the Semifinal Games.
    • SEMIFINALS: A Jury consisting of finalists from Season 7 will select 25 additional players to advance to the three Semifinal Games. From each game, five players will advance to the Finale Game based on a post-game player vote, just like in the qualifying phase.
    • THE FINALE: The Finale Game is played. Once it has completed, the players vote to determine who shall receive the title of Season 8 Champion and a winner’s certificate signed by Dmitry Davidoff, the creator of mafia.

This year’s setup: Gold Rush 15er

2x Mafia Goons

1x Mafia Roleblocker

1x Town Motion Detector

1x 1-Shot Town Vigilante (n2+)

1x Town Doctor

9x Vanilla Townie

Flips are alignment only.

Relevant mechanics info
    • Day start.
    • Majority elimination is enabled Day 2+, but majority is not required at any point for the elimination.
    • Tied votes will result in a player being eliminated at random from among the tied players.
    • No outside communication. I.e. you may not contact the other players outside of the thread (unless you are Mafia and wish to speak with your teammates).
    • Phase Lengths and Deadlines will be up to the players themselves (I’ll organize your representative into a game with deadlines that suit their preferences).
    • Thread is locked during Night Phases.
    • Votes are automatically locked in at LYLO.
    • Mafia factional kills are assigned. They can be tracked, watched, roleblocked, etc. (In this setup, that means they display as an action to the Motion Detector action.)
    • Mafia share a factional Night Kill, which is a single standard shot for their faction. The mafia factional kill is mandatory.
    • Mafia may communicate at any time.
    • Each individual player may make a maximum of 150 posts per day phase (this restriction is lifted 2 hours before day end).
    • The game will have a host to oversee everything and make sure everyone’s following the code of conduct, but otherwise the game is completely automated (automatic votecounts, thread locks and reveals alignments automatically, the bot receives and processes actions, etc.).
    1. SEASON 8 TIMELINE

There will be 10 Qualifier Games, and your representative plays in just one of these. They will have start dates ranging from mid-May to the end of Junne. So in other words, as long as your representative can play sometime during that period, they should be good and I’ll make sure they get scheduled into a game that suits their schedule well. I.e. if your rep is busy until June, that isn’t a problem.

The Semifinal Games will be played in July/August, and the Finale Game sometime in August/September (whenever we can work out something that suits everyone).

If you want to get in contact with me ASAP, you can find me on Discord (Lissa#8083).

Kind regards,

Lissa

Besides that, if you really want to see how it plays out, here's the game I played in: https://www.mafiauniverse.com/forums...a-Championship. It was kind of a shit show, but it was our first time. Whoever we send this time won't have to go in blind like I did. I'm just giving a heads up to anyone that might be interested. I did it last time, so if anyone else wants to do it, they can be the rep this season if they'd like.
    RaCka> imagine standing out as a retard on subspace
    RaCka> mad impressive

I read through some of the game you played, Exalt. Pretty full of tryhard faggots.

If we send Jessup, we never get invited again - that's for sure. Though the comedy of watching it might be worth the sacrifice.
    7:Warcraft> Why don't white people hit their kids anymore?

Duel Pasta> great
    Duel Pasta> I spilled juice on my face

Tower> NATIONAL WEED YOUR GARDEN DAY

TWLB Champion Season 12
    TWLJ Champion Season 11
    TWLB All-Star Season 10
    Best undeserved TWL title winner in Trench Wars history

Comment

Originally posted by Voth View Post
      I read through some of the game you played, Exalt. Pretty full of tryhard faggots.

If we send Jessup, we never get invited again - that's for sure. Though the comedy of watching it might be worth the sacrifice.
      I actually think they'd like Jessup. You and I aren't exactly the personality types they're used to. Jessup is more of the norm over there. Still, if anyone else has free time and wants to creatively insult a bunch of tryhards, this is the place to do it. Kthx would be the one to get us banned, but it would be hilarious to see how he does it.
      RaCka> mad impressive

Comment

Originally posted by Voth View Post

That's funny Voth, I would feel the same way about you if you were sent. I volunteer to do this!
        TWDT-J CHAMPION POWER 2018
        TWDT-B CHAMPION POWER 2018
        TWDT TRIPLE CROWN MEMBER POWER 2018
        TSL TRIPLE CROWN FINALIST 2018
        TSLD CHAMPION 2018
        TSLB CHAMPION 2018

Comment

So we need to decide whose going before May 7th. We choose the main person and a sub (if the main person can't continue for whatever reason).

I'm ok with any of you going, including Jessup. Just be aware that it is definitely a time sink for about a week or so, and lurking is pretty frowned on, not that lurking has ever been a problem for either of you.
          RaCka> mad impressive

Comment

Voth/Jessup or Jessup/Voth sounds good to me. I'll be rooting for you!

Comment

Only following this if voth kills jessup midgame
              1:wbm> i squint when im angry

Originally posted by mtine
              Yo LF, u'll never get me. Trust me, SUCK MY CUNT U MADAFAKING IDIOT!!! Cum at me bro. God, ur even worse than some fags irl's history. commit suicide since u aren't even worth 5 penises. CAN'T TOUCH DIS!!! Jeez man. ALL UR MOFOS THAT U RULE IN THIS GAME SHUD RLY SEE HOW UGLY U R IRL AND HOW DUMB AS WELL. Oh, 1 last thing: CAN'T TOUCH THIS ASS.

Comment

Originally posted by LF View Post
                Only following this if voth kills jessup midgame
                You lucky he save ur butt by killing me or ud BOTH have been toast last game LF.

PS. If exalt wants to play he can too. I'd go and play though. Can we help our player if they ask suggestions in forum on what move to do?
                TWDT-J CHAMPION POWER 2018
                TWDT-B CHAMPION POWER 2018
                TWDT TRIPLE CROWN MEMBER POWER 2018
                TSL TRIPLE CROWN FINALIST 2018
                TSLD CHAMPION 2018
                TSLB CHAMPION 2018

Comment

I've got a bunch of IRL stuff going on so I won't be able to follow it but I think sending Voth and Jessup is perfect. It's like a yin and yang situation but the two inner circles are filled with sociopathy. We should demand they switch off which one of them is playing on even/odd days. Do us proud!!!

Edit: Don't feel like you're not allowed to nominate yourself Exalt. Feel free to play if you want to.
                  Vehicle> ?help Will the division's be decided as well today?
                  Message has been sent to online moderators
                  2:BLeeN> veh yes
                  (Overstrand)>no
                  2:Vehicle> (Overstrand)>no
                  2:BLeeN> ok then no
                  :Overstrand:2:Bleen> veh yes
                  (Overstrand)>oh...then yes

Comment

Exalt you got me all excited with the @mention making me think you were hosting this is not that

Originally posted by Turban
                    everyone new(ish) player seems to be naive as fuck.

Comment

If we're doing this as a vote, Voth has mine, assuming Exalt doesn't want to run it back. Voth has definitely been on a tear though, he'd represent us well up until he gets permanently banned from those forums
                      JAMAL> didn't think there was a worse shark than midoent but the_paul takes it

turban> claus is the type of person that would eat shit just so you would have to smell his breath

Originally posted by Ilya;n1135707
                      the_paul: the worst guy, needs to go back to school, bad at his job, guido

Comment

Originally posted by sdrawkcab View Post
                        Exalt you got me all excited with the @mention making me think you were hosting this is not that
                        I'll host a game sometime soon if I get some time to make an interesting setup.

Voth/Jessup sounds like a good pair to send. Complete opposites in every way. Jessup might be a better sub than Voth if only because Voth is far more likely to get himself banned.
                        RaCka> mad impressive

Comment

I cud join
                          2018 TWDT Champion 2019 TWLD Final 4 2019 TWDTJ Semi finalist 2019 2x TWDTD Finalist 2020 TW Forum Mafia Game champion

Comment

I guess I'm down. I'd prefer not to have Jessup as an understudy though, because she is a bit of an embarrassment should I actually move on in the tournament and can't continue for whatever reason months from now.

I think some of you may be forgetting history a bit too much. While this is a silly mafia tournament, I don't think Jessup represents the best of us in any way. I'd much prefer ixt if given the choice, and that's saying something.

the_paul Don't be a pussy.
                            7:Warcraft> Why don't white people hit their kids anymore?

Duel Pasta> great
                            Duel Pasta> I spilled juice on my face

Tower> NATIONAL WEED YOUR GARDEN DAY

TWLB Champion Season 12
                            TWLJ Champion Season 11
                            TWLB All-Star Season 10
                            Best undeserved TWL title winner in Trench Wars history

Comment

So these are the participating forums this year, just so you know what to expect:

17th Shard
                              Animal Crossing Community
                              AnimeBase
                              Art of Problem Solving
                              ATAR Notes
                              Austin Hidden Role Gamers
                              B&C Gaming
                              Bay 12 Games
                              BisaBoard
                              BoardGameGeek
                              Boards.ie
                              Braingle
                              Bread and Roses
                              Bulbagarden
                              Canucks Community
                              Chess.com
                              CivFanatics
                              CivFanatics MU subforum
                              Comic Fury
                              CycloneFanatic
                              DailyMafia
                              Dark Lord Potter
                              Dark Side
                              DebateArt
                              Devil's Nest
                              Dominating 12
                              Dominion Strategy
                              DSLReports
                              Engineer Boards
                              EpicMafia
                              Everybody Edits
                              Flash Flash Revolution
                              Flipline
                              Football's Future
                              Football Forums
                              Forums of Loathing
                              Free For All
                              Further Entertainment
                              Gamataria
                              GameFAQs
                              GamePress
                              Gare aux Garous
                              Giant in the Playground
                              GOG
                              Good Gamery
                              Grand Prix Racing Online
                              GreyWolf communities
                              Hattrick.org (Dutch)
                              Hattrick.org (English)
                              Hattrick.org (Portuguese)
                              Hattrick.org (Spanish)
                              Hattrick.org (Swedish)
                              HeroClix Realms
                              HogwartsWerewolves
                              Hypixel
                              IRON Forums
                              Jambos Kickback
                              JetNation
                              Karma/1453
                              Kongregate
                              Kylä
                              LA Gaming Circle
                              Les Loups-Garous RPG
                              Liars Club Online
                              Lupus in Forum
                              Lupus in Tabula
                              Lynch or Be Lunch
                              Maffia Sverige
                              Mafia - A Game Of Trust And Deception
                              Mafia.gg
                              Mafia42
                              Mafia451
                              Mafia Colosseum
                              Mafia Games Discord
                              MafiaLandia/Fanficlandia
                              Mafia Mystery
                              mafiascum
                              Mafia Universe
                              Manga Helpers
                              Mediavida
                              MiniMafia
                              MMO-Champion
                              MTG Salvation
                              Naruto Forums
                              NationStates: 10,000 Islands
                              Neoseeker - Interactive Role-Playing
                              Neoseeker - Wrestling
                              Nintendo Loop
                              No Goblins Allowed
                              Novel Updates
                              Online Go Forum
                              Paradox Interactive
                              Paranoia Paradise
                              PCM.daily
                              Personality Cafe
                              Planet Cricket
                              Play by Post
                              Play Diplomacy
                              PokeBeach
                              Pokemon Showdown
                              PokerNet
                              Rabbit Doubt Gaming
                              Rajah
                              RedCafe
                              ResetEra
                              rpgmaker.net
                              SC2 Mafia
                              SecretHitler.io
                              SG Werewolves
                              Shannii Writes
                              Skwirl
                              Smashboards
                              Smogon
                              Something Awful
                              Spyparty Avalon/Social Deduction
                              SSCU Trench Wars Forums
                              Starmen.Net
                              Stickpage
                              Student Doctor Network
                              Sufficient Velocity
                              Super Mafia All-Stars
                              TalkCeltic
                              TarValon.Net
                              The Avocado
                              The Bell Tree
                              The Cave of Dragonflies
                              The Center
                              The Giraffe Boards
                              The Org
                              The Sims Forums
                              The Skeptics' Guide to the Universe
                              The Sock Drawer
                              The Syndicate
                              The TvM Hub
                              The World of Werewolf
                              Thriller Bark
                              Throne of Lies
                              TORN
                              Town of Salem
                              Two Plus Two
                              Ultimate Dangan Werewolf
                              Ultimate Mafia
                              Void Century Club
                              W3D Hub
                              Warwick Mafia Society
                              webDiplomacy
                              Weerwolven van Wakkerdam
                              Werewolf (Mafia) Group
                              Werewolf Online
                              Werewolves Downunder
                              Werwolf Online
                              Wintreath
                              Wolfia Discord
                              Worstgen
                              Wrestling Clique
                              wrestlingsmarks.com
                              XHF Network
                              Zelda Dungeon
                              Zelda Universe
                              RaCka> mad impressive

Comment

Working...
                              X