No announcement yet.

Emotional Kids

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Emo, whatever makes people feel better. I can bare any kind of music that is non-repititive in beats and tones for too long.

Comment

Originally posted by Jerome
      Emo is not modest mouse.

Ever notice how when nirvana came out, after nirvana like every band was called "grunge" ? Same thing with emo. 90% of what you guys would call emo is, in fact, alternative rock. Emo is a sub genre of PUNK ROCK, and i'll be damned if modest mouse is punk rock.

I define emo by genre, not by culture.
      I think the definition of the word has changed. A few years ago, the bands I would have described as emo would be Sunny Day Real Estate, Mineral, The Get Up Kids (when they put out Four Minute Mile, which was pretty alright, not their shitty later stuff). All of them had extremely distorted guitar and wailing vocals. However, as the Get Up Kids became really shitty, Saves The Day copied them in becoming extremely shitty, and then Dashboard Confessional copied both of them in being shitty, it got them on the radio, and more people became aware of the "emo" genre. However, the "emo" they've come to know isn't really based in punk rock at all. Death Cab For Cutie is infinitely less punk-based than Modest Mouse, and I don't think very many people would say that Death Cab isn't an emo band. It's late and I'm rambling, but the point is that 99.999% of the population thinks of bands like Death Cab and Dashboard as emo, not bands like Fugazi and Jawbreaker. You come off as not making very much sense when pop culture has clearly defined the meaning of the word but you're holding onto a definition that hardly anyone is even aware of.
      5:gen> man
      5:gen> i didn't know shade's child fucked bluednady

Comment

I hate it when people are asses to the 'emo kids'. I'm one of those people that dont really fall under a category (though most would guess I'm a skater), but a lot of my friends would be 'labeled' as emo. In the grand scheme of things, we're all people, so where's the point in discriminating against one another?
        Merf. <_<

Comment

nothing's wrong with emo kids
          BasingCrew[dot]com

Comment

labelling is terrible.
            There once was a man from Nantucket.

Comment

The fashion section of that site is great. what a bunch of complete tools.
              http://www.trenchwars.org/forums/showthread.php?t=15100 - Gallileo's racist thread

"Mustafa sounds like someone that likes to fly planes into buildings." -Galleleo

Comment

Originally posted by GoldenPlums
                You're acting like an idiot Jason. You can hardly have a go at NuclearRabbit for expressing his opinion about some music he doesn't happen to like. For fuck sake. What do you know about his knowledge of this music for you to critisize his opinion of it? Be who you are??? Well i expect he is. You're a fucking hypocrit.
                To shit upon or to be shat upon? That is the question. Whether 'tis nobler in the mind to suffer the slings and arrows of outrageous idiocy, or to take arms against of sea dipshits and by opposing, end them.
                jasonofabitch loves!!!!

Comment

Jason how about looking at it this way:

There are no clear cut definitions or rules to joining a scene. If you want to join a scene you have to dress a certain way. If you dress a certain way but don't want to be part of a scene then you're going to be part of it whether you like it or not because the labels that have been attached to those people have also been attached to you
                  Originally posted by Facetious
                  edit: (Money just PMed me his address so I can go to Houston and fight him)

Comment

I think the definition of the word has changed. A few years ago, the bands I would have described as emo would be Sunny Day Real Estate, Mineral, The Get Up Kids (when they put out Four Minute Mile, which was pretty alright, not their shitty later stuff). All of them had extremely distorted guitar and wailing vocals. However, as the Get Up Kids became really shitty, Saves The Day copied them in becoming extremely shitty, and then Dashboard Confessional copied both of them in being shitty, it got them on the radio, and more people became aware of the "emo" genre. However, the "emo" they've come to know isn't really based in punk rock at all. Death Cab For Cutie is infinitely less punk-based than Modest Mouse, and I don't think very many people would say that Death Cab isn't an emo band. It's late and I'm rambling, but the point is that 99.999% of the population thinks of bands like Death Cab and Dashboard as emo, not bands like Fugazi and Jawbreaker. You come off as not making very much sense when pop culture has clearly defined the meaning of the word but you're holding onto a definition that hardly anyone is even aware of.
                    jerome vs pop culture, coming to theaters 2004 (ps i win, when i become president i will pass laws, remember to vote in 2034)
                    NOSTALGIA IN THE WORST FASHION

internet de la jerome

because the internet | hazardous

Comment

Do me a favour and "liberate" Wales when you're president please? cheers
                      edit: (Money just PMed me his address so I can go to Houston and fight him)

Comment

I'm passing laws redefining "liberate" as "nuke the fuck out of until the air around the affected area is radiated enough to warm my frozen white castle burgers and taste good".
                        NOSTALGIA IN THE WORST FASHION

internet de la jerome

because the internet | hazardous

Comment

White Castle is shit.
                          My father in law was telling me over Thanksgiving about this amazing bartender at some bar he frequented who could shake a martini and fill it to the rim with no leftovers and he thought it was the coolest thing he'd ever seen. I then proceeded to his home bar and made four martinis in one shaker with unfamiliar glassware and a non standard shaker and did the same thing. From that moment forward I knew he had no compunction about my cock ever being in his daughter's mouth.

Comment

I understand that that's the reality of it, Mike. And my position is still, fuck labels. And fuck the idiots who get into a "scene" simply to be in the "scene", rather than to enjoy the music. Those bastards are the ones perpetuating the labeling.
                            jasonofabitch loves!!!!

Comment

I wasn't serious and very stoned when I made this thread, if you took it personally and were very offended by this thread then you're just looking for something to get pissed off at
                              it makes me sick when i think of it, all my heroes could not live with it so i hope you rest in peace cause with us you never did

Comment

i like music often

Comment

Working...
                                X