Emotional Kids

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Cops
    I wasn't serious and very stoned when I made this thread, if you took it personally and were very offended by this thread then you're just looking for something to get pissed off at
    "Don't get mad! Get GLAD!"

The bitch on those commercials is so annoying. I can't stand her nasal voice. She reminds me of Fran Drescher, although obviously her voice isn't quite as bad as Fran's.
    jasonofabitch loves!!!!

Comment

Originally posted by Jason
      "Don't get mad! Get GLAD!"

The bitch on those commercials is so annoying. I can't stand her nasal voice. She reminds me of Fran Drescher, although obviously her voice isn't quite as bad as Fran's.
      cheer up.
      it makes me sick when i think of it, all my heroes could not live with it so i hope you rest in peace cause with us you never did

Comment

Who gives a fuck what constitues "Emo" or not? People don't know what Emo is, they don't know what Punk is, they don't know what Goth is (I'm not only talking about music styles, before you go "OmG GOTH ISNT AM USIC STILE!!"). People don't know what they are, yet they argue about them? Why? Fuck if I know. Apparently they want to be labelled, in case anyone had the notion that they might be independent thinkers rather than mindless trend-followers.

When will people learn that to judge whether music is good or not, they need to listen to it? If they like the song, cool. If they don't, cool. Fuck music categories, you can't even categorize most music anymore. Look at the genre list on ID3v2 tags on .mp3s. There's hundreds of them! It's time to stop giving a fuck about genres and judge music based on what it sounds like, not how many dipshits like it or don't like it, not by how often it's played on the radio, not by how good-looking the singers are, not by how "classic" it is (a shitty song that's really old is still just a shitty song), and not by what MTV says. I was going through my .mp3s, trying to clean out dipshit residue from them (wrong band names for songs, "RiPpEd By NuMbNuTs", etc.) and I was amazed at how many different genres people put any given band in.

There is good music from every genre!

Also, why the hell are you comparing Emo music to the dress? People who dress like wankers are wankers, and the fact that they may listen to similar music because someone else thinks for them shouldn't discredit the music.

Comment

I get it, sir. You like emo, calm down.
          it makes me sick when i think of it, all my heroes could not live with it so i hope you rest in peace cause with us you never did

Comment

I get it, sir. You like emo, calm down.
            lol did you even read my post? You don't get it. I hate people who talk about musical genres in absoluteness. "Emo sucks" "Emo rules" "Omg I hate emo kids" It's all just filler bullshit that people say because they need some sort of random trend (yes, hating emo is a trend too) that they get from their friends or some dick on TV because they don't know how to identify themselves otherwise.

And, like I said, I don't even know what Emo is, and neither do any of you. I like Dashboard Confessional, does that mean I like Emo? I don't know, because I liked them before I had ever heard the word "Emo" (my friends aren't complete tools and talk about interesting stuff rather than just stupid arbitrary labels and trends). I like them because their songs sound good. 95% of how much I like a band is based on how good their songs sound (the other 5% is originality), and 100% of how much I like a song is based on how good of a song it is. If it's a good song, I like it. If it sucks, I don't. Who gives a flying fuck what some hordes of stupid drone bitches wear, if the song's good?

And I can't calm down: I have an intense allergic reaction to bullshit.

Comment

cheer up.
              Dude, I watched Cheers last night on Nick@Night for the first time in a long while. Norm is the man.

WHERE EVERYBODY KNOWS YOUR NAAAAAME! AND THEY'RE ALWAYS GLAD YA CAAAAAAME!
              jasonofabitch loves!!!!

Comment

Originally posted by Jason
                Dude, I watched Cheers last night on Nick@Night for the first time in a long while. Norm is the man.

WHERE EVERYBODY KNOWS YOUR NAAAAAME! AND THEY'RE ALWAYS GLAD YA CAAAAAAME!
                God I love the Cheers anthem.

Comment

Originally posted by Feoren
                  lol did you even read my post? You don't get it. I hate people who talk about musical genres in absoluteness. "Emo sucks" "Emo rules" "Omg I hate emo kids" It's all just filler bullshit that people say because they need some sort of random trend (yes, hating emo is a trend too) that they get from their friends or some dick on TV because they don't know how to identify themselves otherwise.

And, like I said, I don't even know what Emo is, and neither do any of you. I like Dashboard Confessional, does that mean I like Emo? I don't know, because I liked them before I had ever heard the word "Emo" (my friends aren't complete tools and talk about interesting stuff rather than just stupid arbitrary labels and trends). I like them because their songs sound good. 95% of how much I like a band is based on how good their songs sound (the other 5% is originality), and 100% of how much I like a song is based on how good of a song it is. If it's a good song, I like it. If it sucks, I don't. Who gives a flying fuck what some hordes of stupid drone bitches wear, if the song's good?

And I can't calm down: I have an intense allergic reaction to bullshit.
                  I find it funny that you're wanting people not to sterotype people due to musical genres but then you say people dress like wankers, you're not very accepting are you? Plus I never said I hate or dislike emo kids I rather said that they look like metrosexuals, you're getting offended because you think I'm giving emotional kids a back handed slap by saying they dress like metrosexuals which is being straight but dressing gay, and of course you wouldn't like your image to be known as someone who dresses gay now would you?

Comment

I find it funny that you're wanting people not to sterotype people due to musical genres but then you say people dress like wankers, you're not very accepting are you? Plus I never said I hate or dislike emo kids I rather said that they look like metrosexuals, you're getting offended because you think I'm giving emotional kids a back handed slap by saying they dress like metrosexuals which is being straight but dressing gay, and of course you wouldn't like your image to be known as someone who dresses gay now would you?
                    Nice, good job on trying to turn this into a " who is more homophobic " debate.
                    My father in law was telling me over Thanksgiving about this amazing bartender at some bar he frequented who could shake a martini and fill it to the rim with no leftovers and he thought it was the coolest thing he'd ever seen. I then proceeded to his home bar and made four martinis in one shaker with unfamiliar glassware and a non standard shaker and did the same thing. From that moment forward I knew he had no compunction about my cock ever being in his daughter's mouth.

Comment

Working...
                    X