Searching for a thread

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Searching for a thread

Help me out please! I've spent the last hour searching but I can't seem to find it.

A while ago someone on one of the forums in the TW forum community (I think it was in general discussion but I can't find it) posted a funny little article spoofing god creating the world in 7 days using computer commands.

Does anyone know where that thread is and could they link it for me? Thanks!

-Epi
    Epinephrine's History of Trench Wars:
    www.geocities.com/epinephrine.rm

My anime blog:
    www.animeslice.com

http://forums.trenchwars.org/showthr...t=fuck+pallies

Comment

You posted in that thread Epi, so you could have just searched through your own posts for that thread =p

Comment

With a descriptive title like that, how could you not find it?
        http://www.trenchwars.org/forums/showthread.php?t=15100 - Gallileo's racist thread

"Mustafa sounds like someone that likes to fly planes into buildings." -Galleleo

Comment

Thanks guys

-Epi
          Epinephrine's History of Trench Wars:
          www.geocities.com/epinephrine.rm

My anime blog:
          www.animeslice.com

Comment

Originally posted by Evasive
            You posted in that thread Epi, so you could have just searched through your own posts for that thread =p
            all 1091 of them
            5: Da1andonly> !ban epinephrine
            5: RoboHelp> Are you nuts? You can't ban a staff member!
            5: Da1andonly> =((
            5: Epinephrine> !ban da1andonly
            5: RoboHelp> Staffer "da1andonly" has been banned for abuse.
            5: Epinephrine> oh shit

Comment

yeah i can't search for my posts, i'll be going to like page 12 on the search page and seeing posts i made like that morning
              NOSTALGIA IN THE WORST FASHION

internet de la jerome

because the internet | hazardous

Comment

I think we should all take note that "Fuzzy.Style" has the best avatar ever to grace these forums
                Originally posted by Facetious
                edit: (Money just PMed me his address so I can go to Houston and fight him)

Comment

rofl

Comment

Someone closed the original but I remembered this:

THE CREATION

In the beginning, all was void, with the spirit of God brooding
                    over the dark vapors.

Then God said: LET THERE BE BYTE, and there was byte. God saw the
                    byte, and was pleased with it, and divided the byte in bits. He
                    created a multitude of similar bytes, all identical in their ethereal
                    perfection, and all containing zeros, for zeros were all there were.

On the second day God toyed with the bytes, and organized them
                    into groups to which he said: YOU SHALL BE CALLED WORDS, FOR FROM BYTES
                    YOU CAME AND OF BYTES YOU ARE COMPOSED. And God saw the words, that
                    they were good and was pleased.

The third day God said (to whom God was talking has never has
                    never been ascertained or even questioned): I HAVE WORDS, MADE UP OF
                    BYTES, MADE UP OF BITS, BUT SOMETHING'S MISSING.

So God scraped up a lump of clay, squeezed it tightly in his
                    mighty hands, and flung it against the sky, where it solidified into a
                    smoky mass. God saw the steaming heap, that it was good and said to
                    it: YOU SHALL BE CALLED HARDWARE, A HOME FOR MY BYTES AND BITS, AND AS
                    YOU ARE THE VERY FIRST OF YOUR KIND I SHALL CALL YOU CPU. And God
                    turned, and with a flick of his wrist spew forth tape drives (FOR YOU
                    SHALL BE TEMPORARILY A HOME FOR MY WORDS...), stations, whole
                    teleprocessing installations.

And God saw all this sparkling in the heavens, that it was good
                    and he was pleased. Having done all this, God rested.

On the fourth day, God reviewed all that he had done. He saw his
                    bits and his bytes statistically on an infinite variety of media. But
                    he was not satisfied. SOMETHING'S MISSING, said he, I NEED TO ANIMATE
                    MY TREASURED BYTES TO GIVE THEM LIFE. So God leaned back, touched a
                    soiled hand to his mighty brow, and with one single, all-powerful
                    thought set his hardware in motion. YOU said he to the intangible
                    breath now coursing through his hardware, I SHALL CALL SOFTWARE, FOR
                    ...(so on, and so forth.)

And he continued: YOU ARE THE FIRST, THE BEST, THE MOST PERFECT
                    AND OMNIPOTENT SOFTWARE. And God divided the software in many parts,
                    into utilities, compilers, system libraries and his favorite, most
                    privileged and beloved operating system. God was pleased, so he rested.

On the fifth day, God again surveyed all that he had done, and was
                    filled with joy. He found that with his creation he could determine the
                    value of pi to ten thousand digits. He found that he could produce
                    flow charts of his beloved operating system, and these he posted by his
                    throne. He discovered that he could run off Snoopy calendars, pictures
                    of Mona Lisa, and witty little computer accounts of the creation. And
                    with a terminal at his throne, he didn't have to travel halfway to
                    hell to access his system.

He called his creation IMPERATUM BYTAM MAGNAMUS (or IBM for short).

But all was not well. God's beloved system was so large, so
                    complex, that even the mighty God - maker of heavens and earth (but
                    that's another story), the builder of cpu and virtual memory, the
                    author of fortran - even that God was hard- pressed to keep up on how
                    everything worked.

So God said I'LL MAKE ME A MAN. And he did, and to the man he said
                    YOU SHALL BE CALLED (logically enough) "MAN" AND TO YOU SHALL FALL THE
                    RESPONSIBILITY OF MAINTAINING ALL THAT I HAVE DONE. And to keep Man
                    happy after-hours, God gave him Woman, saying to Man FOR I KNOW THAT
                    EVEN BYTES GET HUNGRY FOR A LITTLE BIT. And God rested, chuckling at
                    his own play on words.

On the sixth day, God mounted his throne, logged onto his
                    terminal, and engaged in a full day of uninterrupted one second
                    turnaround. He saw all that he had done, that it was good. He was
                    pleased that from his first byte he had created such a wonderful and
                    extensive toy. He created file after file, he performed advanced and
                    impressive on-line database updates, he wrote a faster and more
                    extensive fortran compiler, and in general rejoiced in the perfection
                    of his IBM.

After a hard day's work on a hot terminal - during which Man was
                    quietly familiarizing himself with the system documentation - God
                    called it a day (YOU I SHALL CALL DAY... and so forth and so on.)

On the seventh day - so tired was he from the week's labors -
                    God slept all day. What transpired on that crucial seventh day is
                    recounted in THE FALL OF MAN...

| AmiQWK 2.9 - FREEWARE |
                    ... "Stupidity is generally it's own punishment." -- Heinlein

THE FALL OF MAN

Late in the sixth day of creation, Woman called Man at work and
                    begged him to come home, as dinner was getting cold. Man grudgingly
                    consented, but brought home with him a copy of the system documentation
                    to study. After dinner, Woman cooed some suggestive little sighs and
                    slipped incitingly into bed. Man followed, but - being beat after a
                    hard day at the office - fell straight to sleep.

Woman had an indescribable inner feeling that this was not how
                    things should be on their first night in bed (or in existence, for that
                    matter), and disdainfully flung Man's notebook from the night stand.
                    The book fell open to an important-looking page marked WARNING in bold
                    red letters. Now, Woman was possessed of insatiable curiosity. God - we
                    must assume - been entirely familiar with contemporary Greek writings
                    on the subject, particularly with the escapades of a wayward feminist
                    named Pandora. At any rate, Woman picked up the book, and read:

*** W A R N I N G ***

You I have created to maintain application programs and to
                    operate my beloved IBM. You may partake of my utilities, my fortran,
                    my files and tapes and flow charts. But with my operating system thou
                    shalt not tamper, for to the user it giveth unlimited master mode powers...

Woman - being as greedy an she was beautiful- immediately woke
                    Man. She derided him for his sheepishness, for his lack of initiative,
                    for his cowering before a silly machine. She filled his mind with
                    thoughts of power and greed, and instilled in the resolve to win for
                    himself all the privileges of the operating system. Besides, reasoned
                    Woman, as boss Man won't come home dead tired, and might be worth
                    something after dinner...

So Man returned the next day, intent on breaching the operating
                    system. He needled, he patched, he disguised clever little traps in
                    his programs which - for tantalizingly brief periods of time - slipped
                    into master mode. By the end of the seventh day Man was so close to
                    mastering the operating system that he didn't go home till very late.

So pleased was he - that the coming day would reward him with
                    total control of God's own operating system - that he whistled all the
                    way home, and when he got there, he snuck into the bedroom and gave
                    Woman pleasant surprise...

Early on the eighth day, Man did it. God was on the terminal
                    early, playing blackjack with his computer. So Man was able to submit
                    his carefully-prepared batch job without being noticed. The system
                    burped, God's terminal blinked once, but then all was normal. Man's
                    heart leapt. It was his operating system now, not God's. For a moment
                    he stood stunned with the impact of his move. Then, with the
                    self-assurance that only novice programmers can truly understand, he
                    hit the attention key. His hands trembling with excitement, he began to
                    DELETE G-O-D. Bingo!!!

Just as he was about to hit the carriage return - and with the
                    system $500 ahead in God's blackjack game (God holding 20 for a
                    thousand dollar pot) - the system crashed.

God was furious. YOU IGNORED MY WARNING, said he to Man, as Woman
                    wailed pathetically that she had nothing to do with it. YOU VIOLATED MY
                    BELOVED SYSTEM, AND DARED THINK THAT YOU COULD BECOME AS ONE WITH GOD.

He waved Man disdainfully from his sight. He then reached into his
                    IBM, took a handful of core, mutilated it a little, and flung it after
                    Man. GO said he to the slice of core, AND MULTIPLY INTO A HOST OF
                    INFERIOR SYSTEMS, EACH MORE PROSTITUTED AND GLITCH-FILLED THAN THE
                    LAST. AND IF MAN'S TIME IS WASTED DEBUGGING INFERIOR SYSTEMS I WON'T BE
                    BOTHERED BY HIM.

Comment

And that - according to the book of byte - is why the world
                      consists of two types of computers: IBM, and all the rest. And so it is
                      that certain individuals are born to serve God's favorite IBM, while
                      others are condemned to suffer the damnation of amateur OTHER computer
                      companies. But if you're very good, and if you're honest and
                      trustworthy and like to work twenty hours a day without material
                      reward, then you may well hope that one day you will be selected to
                      move up through Univac, to Burroughs, to Honeywell, to Xerox, to that
                      great system in the sky whose initials inspire men to this very day - IBM.

Comment

That was SO copied and pasted
                        Originally posted by Facetious
                        edit: (Money just PMed me his address so I can go to Houston and fight him)

Comment

that didn't stop crvenban

Comment

Working...
                          X