We are fighting Iran in Iraq

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• We are fighting Iran in Iraq

In the Cold War, we actually had wars. We had little battles and skirmishes, but never with the principal. We were never really at war with the Soviet Union. We fought the war, that war was fought, with surrogates in many cases. We fought the communists in Korea. We fought the communists in Vietnam. We fought the communists in Cuba. We fought them in Afghanistan, with surrogates. The war on terrorism. You look at it this way, and I mentioned this yesterday. The war on terror is a war on Iran. That's not Iraq with a "Q" but Iran with an "N." I said this in response to a call yesterday. The war on terror really has its epicenter in Iran, and until that's dealt with, it's really not going to be over.

Iraq happens to be the surrogate for us and the surrogate for Iran right now. Iraq is the surrogate for both sides, if you look at it this way. Our side reasons -- that we can disarm the weapons of mass destruction in Iran, that we can stop the export of terrorism from Iran, if we can do this, we can end the sanctuary for Al-Qaeda in Iran by succeeding in Iraq. Or at least by getting started with our success in Iraq.

Now, Iran on the other hand knows that it will have a freer hand with weapons, with terrorism, with Al-Qaeda if their surrogates can stop us in Iraq. The Iranian field general, if you will the current field general, this so-called cleric, Muqtada al-Sadr.

Now, if our surrogate beats their surrogate in Iraq, we can avoid a far more costly war later on with Iran directly. Costly in terms of lives and treasure. Success or even partial success in Iraq and exposure of Iran's involvement in all this would lead to all sorts of dominos falling, and if you can look at it this way, we've had the news that Iran is harboring Al-Qaeda, that Iran is harboring a number of terrorists, and we've known for a long time that Iran is the epicenter of much of the terrorism that's gone on in the world since the seventies. And Al-Qaeda is a separate group and Al-Qaeda was basically run out of Afghanistan but they've now linked up. Al-Qaeda is there. Iran is the key here. We're not at war with Iran, but we are. We are actually at war with Iran in Iraq. Iraq happens to be the location that Iran is fighting the war, is my point. Iran sends their surrogates, sends their spies, sends their people trying to disrupt and foment civil war in Iraq, religious civil war. Its all coming from Iran. Make no mistake about this, the battle is with Iran.

The point is that it's serious. This is the war on terror and it's being fought right now in Iraq by surrogates. We never directly confronted the Soviets but we confronted their surrogates in Grenada and in Nicaragua and in Cuba and in Vietnam and in Korea. And look how long it took, and they finally were defeated without a direct military confrontation. I'm not saying this is going to be a 40 year war, but it could be. We never know. The way the terrorists of the world are being educated, I should say indoctrinated, it's got a ways to go. But the heart that pumps blood and oxygen through the whole movement right now is Iran. And make no mistake about the fact Iran is engaging us via surrogates in Iraq.

And I don't know how many people instinctively know this but I will tell you this. I will tell you that the profile of these undecided voters that we've shared with you earlier in the hour, particularly these undecided women vote, they know. They know that it's not just Iraq; they know this is not a Bush lie to send us into Iraq because Bush has got some plan for Iraq. They know what's going on there. Even if they can't put their fingers on it, if they can't put their hands on it or actually explain it, they know, instincts kick in here, and it's something serious to consider.

so whats your point, dude?
    can we please have a moment for silence for those who died from black on black violence

Comment

We should know exactly what Iran has stocked up becasue we sold them all their weapons and helped them upto what they are today.

Erm we did the same for Iraq too.

Funny how things change.

Iran's pretty harmless, most countries around there hold some form of terrorists, maybe solve the problem why they are anti-western terrorist grps out there instead of nuking everyone to solve the problem.
      Last edited by Acidmouse; 08-17-2004, 07:26 PM.
      PicHosting

Comment

My Point

Originally posted by IlyaZ
        so whats your point, dude?
        Iraq happens to be the location that Iran is fighting the war. Iran sends their surrogates, their spies, their people trying to disrupt and foment civil war in iraq, religious civil war. It's all coming from Iran, and by going into Iraq George W. Bush has driven a wedge in the terrorist community. Because of the Clinton's administrations ignorance after the first World Trade Center bombing, the bombings of two american embassies (Kenya and Tanzania), and the attack of americans in Saudi Arabi-- Osama Bin Laden and Al-Qaeda thought the US weak on terrorism until Bush took office went into Iraq, and is bravely fighting the war on terror.

Comment

Ignite, you are:

A) Wrong
          B) Not very bright
          C) Attempting to use truly substandard manipulation

I took the time to read your whole post, and I write it off easily as yet more fear-mongering. If you actually know what you're doing, you should be ashamed of yourself. If you actually belive this shit, then instead I just feel sorry for you.

If Bush is idiotic enough (and I believe he truly is) to put one little foot inside Iran, then quite simply this world will be as close to WWIII as it's gonna get.

Why? How many countries do you think are just gonna stand by and watch Unjustified Invasion 2.0?
          "Sexy" Steve Mijalis-Gilster, IVX

Reinstate Me.

Comment

Sarien I agree, but your wasting your time trying to voice reason with ignite hes too far deep in bullshit to realise the truth.

Remember this ignite claims to have been over there, jesus H Christ, god help us all.
            PicHosting

Comment

I think it's an interesting fact that worldwide, the incidence of international terrorism (as opposed to domestic terrorism of which say Chechnya would be considered) reached it's highest point last year in the year 2003. It's all out there in the CIA's yearly report, a report that although reported initially by Colin Powell as 'terrorism is dropping' reporters looked closer into it and realized he was dead wrong. Powell later recinded his comments.

Unlike the cold war, terrorism's breeding grounds isn't purely state supported. Surely having a state back you is an easy way to be a terrorist, but when domestic terrorists like Timothy McVeigh exist who obviously have no state backing, then it's quite obvious that attacking countries may not be the best way to address the issue. The way to address terrorism is to address the root causes of why these people are doing these acts in the first place. Why are people so desperate to attempt terrorism that they'll risk their lives (or even commit suicide terrorism) in order to prove their point? What do these people think they can gain? How does a population get to the point where they are so helpless that death seems like a good alternative? Why does international terror only really come from certain areas of the globe, while other poor areas are not affected? What have we in the Western world done lately so that the previous year was the worst year ever?

I think only by answering those questions can we really know, instead of a 'well Bush had a good feeling that attacking Iraq would help so he's a great president' which sounds like voodoo to me.

-Epi
              Epinephrine's History of Trench Wars:
              www.geocities.com/epinephrine.rm

My anime blog:
              www.animeslice.com

Comment

True, its shortsighted not to get to the route of the problem but to only address the side issues.

Sometimes you have to bite your lips and speak with the enemy and listen to what they actually want (IRA as an example) only then can both sides move on, however slow.
                PicHosting

Comment

Originally posted by ignite ignite
                  Osama Bin Laden and Al-Qaeda thought the US weak on terrorism until Bush took office went into Iraq, and is bravely fighting the war on terror.
                  By bravely, do you mean sitting in his hand crafted leather chair or playing golf?
                  By "Bush went into" do you mean thousands of people other than Bush waged war on his whim, or just that he is the idiot that made that fuckup decision?
                  By Osama and Al-Qaeda do you mean the entire rest of the world that tried to give us multiple warnings for a long time that these people were capable of it or just the actual people who commit the crimes themselves? I don't use the word "terrorist" if I can help it. It's an overused buzz-word that had only the barest vagary of real meaning before. One day's Terrorist could be the next days President and National hero.

The War on Terror starts with the fucking boogeyman and ends when you're old and you think robots are trying to steal your medication.

Here's some other buzz-words and what they actually are.
                  Terrorist: Criminal, sometimes international, sometimes not.
                  State-Sponsored Terrorism: A war (declared or undeclared)
                  The War On Terror: A catchy name designed to inspire blind obedience. Simply look at the name. A war against fear? Nuh uh. How could anyone be able to voice an objection to "The War on Fear"? Give me a fucking break. Petty AND obvious.
                  Axis of Evil: A nice name designed to say, I don't like these countries, but I need to make all the other people I can not like them too, before I can do something about it.

I think I wouldn't hate people trying to manipulate me nearly as much if I was just simply dumb enough to not see it.

Reinstate Me.

Comment

Sarien is an example of people who are easy to manipulate by making them think that they are smarter than other people and can "see through" everything, and that everyone who disagrees with them is obviously a dumbass.
                    - k2

Comment

Yeah it's that, as opposed to the oh, 6 presidents I've lived through so far (even though I don't actually remember Gerald Ford). Maybe it's that as opposed to the abnormally high respect I tend to have for what so many others in the world say.

No, wait.. I know.. it's that I'm easily manipulated, despite there being absolutely no proof of the reasons why Bush instigated a war with Iraq, not even poorly manufactured proof.

But none of that is really true. I blame my whole pissyness and sensitivity to being manipulated on a couple of cheating ex-girlfriends. Can I see through everything? No. Do I have a fairly decent bullshit detector? I like to think so, now. I've earned it the hard way.

Reinstate Me.

Comment

Last edited by Vantage; 09-26-2017, 11:49 AM.

Comment

Originally posted by Sarien
                          One day's Terrorist could be the next days President and National hero.
                          LOL so true, u have to remember America funded Bin Laden to get rid of the russian communists from Afgan, now hes the evil one.

We sold weapons to Iraq at one stage to oust Iran, and vice versa.

Things change real fast. Lets hope one day people think Bush is the real evil dictator of the world. Ohh wait they already do.
                          PicHosting

Comment

Originally posted by K2Grey
                            Sarien is an example of people who are easy to manipulate by making them think that they are smarter than other people and can "see through" everything, and that everyone who disagrees with them is obviously a dumbass.
                            Untrue, if everyone asked why? and looked beyond the headlines then this god forsaken mess would have been avoided.

I wonder who is easier to manipulate

Sarien or Ignite....? thats a really really hard decision.
                            PicHosting

Comment

Does anyone know where ignite copied and pasted this from?

Comment

Working...
                              X