Nascar on NBC

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Nascar on NBC

Is it just me or does Nascar on NBC suck?

I don't know that much about Nascar but I absolutely hate Nascar on NBC. The first half of the season on Fox was 100 times better. Nascar must be like 10 on their list of priorites for sports. It's not just the commentary, I don't like how it's produced either. Blah.

Well i would actulay say NBC has NASCAR ranked #2 probably #1 being the NFL. I think its the 2nd most popular "sport" in the USA (1st being NFL) and it has hella lots of fans. Pluls NBC doesnt really have many sports like Fox/ABC do. But i would have to agree that i like Fox's nascar showing better than NBC's.
    _o_2NASRALLAH

Comment

Fox's broadcast production and commentary is 100 times better, omg. I never thought I'd say this, but I miss "boogity boogity boogity" >.> <.< >.>
      DELETED

Comment

haha ya D.W. Makes Fox tho. W/o him it'd be just like NBC's.

Edit: supra get online or AIM me. I got a banner mission for u.
        Last edited by Cig Smoke; 08-27-2004, 03:13 AM.
        _o_2NASRALLAH

Comment

man who would watch nascar

Comment

hillbillies

Comment

Why dont u ask the million of fans of nascar? lol Believe it ornot its the 2nd most popular sport in America. Its more popular then NBA, NHL, MLB, only not NFL. Sure it is boring to watch on TV i'll agree to that. Its somethign u watch while ur partying or picnic or doin something on the side. Not something u sit down and watch 4 hrs of on a sunday. If u ever go see a nascar race LIVE tho its great. I went to 2 races in my life (pocono) and man its 1 of the best thingsi ever seen. The atmosphere is as good as it gets. PPl int he grandstands are standing for 4 hrs strait watchin the race almost and it seems like about 30 minutes. If u havent experienced id recommend u to. On TV it is boring tho.
              _o_2NASRALLAH

Comment

Bestwick sucks. :down:
                Originally posted by vubinspiran
                I hate X very hard.

Comment

God, most people watch Nascar for the crashes, shh.

Comment

Originally posted by Puppet*Master
                    hillbillies
                    What are meant with hillbillies? I just read a book (A Painted House by John Grisham) where the hillbillies came to arkansas fo pick cotton. I thought hillbillies were the people who live in north-western USA but that's one helluva long way to travel for work!
                    5: Da1andonly> !ban epinephrine
                    5: RoboHelp> Are you nuts? You can't ban a staff member!
                    5: Da1andonly> =((
                    5: Epinephrine> !ban da1andonly
                    5: RoboHelp> Staffer "da1andonly" has been banned for abuse.
                    5: Epinephrine> oh shit

Comment

people who live in rural areas

i like watching 4 or 5 laps and a pitstop on FOX
                      can we please have a moment for silence for those who died from black on black violence

Comment

NASCAR sucks now. It used to be awesome back in the days of rusty wallace.
                        http://www.trenchwars.org/forums/showthread.php?t=15100 - Gallileo's racist thread

"Mustafa sounds like someone that likes to fly planes into buildings." -Galleleo

Comment

Boogity Boogity Boogity Boys! Lets Go Racin

edit:freaking thing wont let me use caps -_-

edit 2: Nascar is getting boring, same people winning, same people crashing, same pets getting the attention by the commentators, hell there isnt even a "big one" anymore

Comment

Originally posted by Evasive
                            man who would watch nascar
                            You obviously havent been to a live event of Nascar.

Comment

DW is a big part of Fox's broadcast, definitely. But Jeff Hammond with the cutaway Ford and other side stuff was better than whoever's on NBC.

I figured it out though...NBC's team is more from broadcasting, Fox's team has more former drivers/crew people. I thought there was something a little too refined in the voices of the NBC guys. I don't think they love Nascar as much as DW and company.

The best NBC has is Benny Parsons. Who? Yeah, his championship was in 1973. Not sure he's still relating to the fan core.

http://www.nascar.com/2004/races/tun...7/15/fox_team/

http://www.nascar.com/2002/races/ont...02/06/nbc_tnt/

EDIT: I haven't been to any live nascar but I watched almost all of the first half and I loved it. After a week or two of the 2nd half and I've lost interest. I guess I'll try to catch up closer to the end.
                              Last edited by geekbot; 08-27-2004, 04:49 PM.

Comment

Working...
                              X