The uselessness of Activism, and Being Classless

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• The uselessness of Activism, and Being Classless

So as we all know the GOP is in NY and people are harrassing them like classless jerks. They won't let them enjoy the city sites, have their meetings, and do their thing. Their is no right given by the constitiution to be a jerk to other citizens. I understand that these mis guided people think that yelling obscenities, fighting, and showing digusting pictures think this will make the GOP see the light and become outragous democrats for kerry. Interupting GOP meetings is very classless and could potentially hurt Kerry in the long run. Who wants to be associated with people who disrupt someone who is not imposing on anyone else? What has a delegate done to these activists but have a diffrent view. These activists are some of the most close minded people you will ever find. The extremist that people might associate with the democrats. Swing voters may go to Bush because of these actions.

Special notes for Direct action activists
    Your being arrested makes me only think you are dumber becuase you could not express yourself in a legal way

How in the world does your disrupting my life make me want to change my view. If i was in favor of a group and found out they disrupted my life I could see me taking a whole different side just out of spite.

Violence in protest has never worked for change, do your research and read up on Ghandi and MLK

As a citizen I have the right to believe different from you, I don't come in your life and lay infront of your car becuase i want press for my cause. You want press buy some time on the airwaves.

Direct action protesters should all be amputated
    To all the virgins, Thanks for nothing
    brookus> my grandmother died when she heard people were using numbers in their names in online games.. it was too much for her little heart

Your post is flawed.
    So they should all be at home doing what they do everyday and act like Bush is doing a great job?

"Violence in protest has never worked for change, do your research and read up on Ghandi and MLK"

I believe some revolutions involved violence. I'm not sure though.

But They probably shouldnt be disrupting New Yorkers daily lives (ie laying in front of your car.)

But people should protest against bush if they don't like what he is doing.
    I mean when 200 000 people go out in teh streets in New York and protest, there is obvisouly something wrong with the president.
    As someone mentioned in another thread. Bush has had more protests against him than any other president and international protests too.
    Last edited by andrewabcd; 09-01-2004, 10:15 PM.

Comment

yeah, if the protests are gonna do anything, its hurt Kerry
      can we please have a moment for silence for those who died from black on black violence

Comment

physically? because i'm in favor of that.

Comment

Its like when the father's rights campaigners chained themselves to a bridge in London about 6 months ago, sure they pissed everyone off by holding the traffic up and they were probably less likely to win custody for being not your average model citizen but they highlighted a point which not many were aware of. The problem with these riots in America (I haven't heard of them but I presume they're like our May-Day riots) is that people are already half-aware of the issues so these demonstrations will always be half-successful
          Originally posted by Facetious
          edit: (Money just PMed me his address so I can go to Houston and fight him)

Comment

Originally posted by andrewabcd
            Your post is flawed.
            So they should all be at home doing what they do everyday and act like Bush is doing a great job?

"Violence in protest has never worked for change, do your research and read up on Ghandi and MLK"

I believe some revolutions involved violence. I'm not sure though.
            NO, just doing it in legal protests, with class. Not invading peoples meetings by sneaking in and disrupting things. You didn't see republicans sneaking into the DNC to disrupt their local meetings or try to attack John Edwards.

I said protest, not revolutions. ffs you quoted it even.
            To all the virgins, Thanks for nothing
            brookus> my grandmother died when she heard people were using numbers in their names in online games.. it was too much for her little heart

Comment

Democrats slaughter ppl....and eat them...Michael Moore got fat from eating children....bet thats somethin u would never see in one of his documentaries...Morgan Spurlock on the other hand quit his battle with McDonalds and is now making a docu-drama on Moore Eating Kids
              Originally posted by Tone
              Women who smoke cigarettes are sexy, not repulsive. It depends on the number smoked. less is better

Comment

im betting that if the dems had their convention in some heavily republican area (especially one with lots of rednecks) the same would have happened.
                Ripper>cant pee with a hard on
                apt>yes u can wtf
                apt>you need to clear the pipes after a nice masturbation
                apt>i just put myself in a wierd position
                apt>so i dont miss the toilet
                Ripper>but after u masterbaition it usually goes down
                apt>na
                apt>ill show you pictures
                apt>next time I masturbate

Comment

down here theres alot of democrats actually. and i want to injure every last one of them
                  NOSTALGIA IN THE WORST FASHION

internet de la jerome

because the internet | hazardous

Comment

Though I'm all for the people going in there and attacking whomever the fuck they want, I still think it is better for it to be peaceful.
                    Originally posted by Jeenyuss
                    sometimes i thrust my hips so my flaccid dick slaps my stomach, then my taint, then my stomach, then my taint. i like the sound.

Comment

No one's even mentioned the fact that the RNC pretty much levelled the city and smashed its economy, and was basically an enormous, disgusting fucking publicity stunt by a party that really likes its enormous, disgusting fucking publicity stunts.
                      Originally posted by Ward
                      OK.. ur retarded case closed

Comment

Don't even respond by making a crack at Kerry or the Democrats, because they're all fucking shittards too.
                        Originally posted by Ward
                        OK.. ur retarded case closed

Comment

Originally posted by Jerome
                          down here theres alot of democrats actually. and i want to injure every last one of them
                          jerome lets hang out
                          and then injure some people.
                          sage

Comment

Does anyone else really fucking hate politics?
                            Originally posted by Vatican Assassin
                            i just wish it was longer
                            Originally posted by Cops
                            it could have happened in the middle of a park at 2'oclock in the afternoon while your parents were at work and I followed you around all afternoon.

Comment

Protest all you want, but keep it peaceful. Not mindless blabbering about something you probably can't change anyhow.
                              Originally posted by Jeenyuss
                              sometimes i thrust my hips so my flaccid dick slaps my stomach, then my taint, then my stomach, then my taint. i like the sound.

Comment

Working...
                              X