No announcement yet.

I have a favor to ask of all of you.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Arizona is alright. Finding a job isn't really hard, but for some reason it's not "home" to me. I grew up living in Dallas and Houston, enjoyed it very much, but since I was a kid, I can't tell you too much about the cost of living there, etc. Last year I moved up with my ex/gf and was living in the New England area (NH). I'll tell you what, I really loved it. The place is beautiful. It's completely different from Arizona, it's like another country.

Here's the bad part: cost of living down there is one of the, if not the most expensive in the country. I struggled out there to get decent hours.. and tried to find a different job to support the apartment rent, etc. Heck, I think the cost of living and not enough opportunities in the job market, was the main reason of the break-up of my relationship with my g/f (ex); which led me to come back to Arizona; she got the hours, I didn't. But thats another story....

All in all, good luck, it will be hard, but hopefully you can do it. Be ready for tough times... they will come.. just got to weather it.
    RaCka> how can i get you here
    death row> well basically im holdin off cuz i jus joined sweet. so its not u, its me
    RaCka> YOU'RE DUMPING ME?!?!?!?
    death row> LOL I KNOW I JUS READ THAT LINE AGAIN

Comment

I live in Arkansas

Fuck you guys, just fuck you

Comment

Originally posted by Melufa
        I live in Arkansas

Fuck you guys, just fuck you
        hahahahahahaha
        hahahahahahaha
        hahahahahahaha :eek:
        |
        Spam me, Im bored: Sleepsmokr0001@yahoo.com
        Selex - (Early) 2000 - (Mid) 2004 Retiree!(July 25)
        [Spastic]
        --:fear:--

Comment

Originally posted by Selex
          Holy Shit... My sister lives there with her bf.. Manhattan, Kansas? eh... She lives in Wichita, Kansas ... That psycho killer is there... geez. Very scenic state.

Oh yea... A local band made it big here.. Anyone know 36 crazy fists?
          Yeah, BTK. Bind, Torture and Kill. Accept no substitutes. Small world - I grew up in Wichita.

I've also heard of 36 crazy fists.
          PLEASE, DON'T BE MISGUIDED...YA BITIN'. AND I'MA HAVE TA DIS YA, UNDERSTAND MISTA?

Comment

Areas I'm familiar with:
            Northern Virginia: Full of rich, stressed out people that are constantly in a hurry and rarely doing anything meaningful with their lives. Horrible traffic, expensive cost of living, but the benefit is that anyone with any sort of computer skills can make 15-20 bucks an hour easily. I may spend more of my life living there, but I really hope to God I don't.

New Orleans: New Orleans is tons of fun, but at least I found that as a place to live, it really runs you down. The racial/economic tensions in the city are truly depressing, the amount of drinking everyone does is almost to the point where it isn't any fun anymore, and the pot is 60 dollars an eighth. However, there are some truly wonderful/unique places in the city to see jazz music and socialize, if you can control yourself to the point where you aren't too obliterated to remember going to them. My understanding is that there are pretty much no jobs, unless you want to work in a store, restaurant, or bar. If I ever find myself in a position where I have no real ties, and I feel I need to let loose for a while, I can certainly see myself moving there for a while, but for a person like you, that's looking for some sort of meaning to life, moving to New Orleans would almost definitely be a bad idea.

Asheville, North Carolina/WNC in general: I've only lived here for a short while, but I enjoy this area more than any area I've ever lived. The people here are all friendly, liberal, and relatively counterculture. The city itself has tons of independent businesses and interesting places to go, and from a natural standpoint, the area is phenomenally beautiful. The mountains are everywhere, creating a most peaceful atmosphere. As far as jobs and living expenses are concerned, I don't really know. I've met a few college dropouts that have jobs and places to live, so it's certainly not impossible, and there are lots of weird opportunities around, for instance, this guy I know says there's a farmhouse out in the mountains that you can live in for free, in exchange for 20 hours a (edit: month) of work.

Note: Moving to a super lame place (Indiana) just to be near some girl is a truly Godawful idea dude. If your goal is to get out on your own and explore, you don't need a girl as a crutch. I've never been to Indiana, but it's gotta be lame. It's Indiana for Christ sake. Jesus.
            Last edited by Facetious; 10-11-2004, 10:31 PM.
            5:gen> man
            5:gen> i didn't know shade's child fucked bluednady

Comment

are there any Piggly Wiggly at Asheville, North Carolina, face?
              can we please have a moment for silence for those who died from black on black violence

Comment

Come to Seattle, we have all kinds of Computer companies here.

Nintendo, and their college digipen are in Redmond, which is like 20 mins away. Microsoft is here, as well as NCSoft, and Electronic Arts is building a big ass place here
                Originally posted by Tone
                Women who smoke cigarettes are sexy, not repulsive. It depends on the number smoked. less is better

Comment

at least a little bit of co-dependency is all i know, scott
                  it's just how i get by
                  jasonofabitch loves!!!!

Comment

there are no piggly-wigglys here, only ingles and bi-lo
                    5:gen> man
                    5:gen> i didn't know shade's child fucked bluednady

Comment

Originally posted by Squeezer
                      Come to Seattle, we have all kinds of Computer companies here.

Nintendo, and their college digipen are in Redmond, which is like 20 mins away. Microsoft is here, as well as NCSoft, and Electronic Arts is building a big ass place here

True, but the line to get in the door is out of control. Unemployment is huge here and if you don't have at least a bachelors degree, you're at the back of the line. Something sick like 46% of the people here are college grads.
                      http://www.trenchwars.org/forums/showthread.php?t=15100 - Gallileo's racist thread

"Mustafa sounds like someone that likes to fly planes into buildings." -Galleleo

Comment

Originally posted by Pearl Jam
                        Yeah, BTK. Bind, Torture and Kill. Accept no substitutes. Small world - I grew up in Wichita.

I've also heard of 36 crazy fists.
                        Thats awesome.. :up:
                        |
                        Spam me, Im bored: Sleepsmokr0001@yahoo.com
                        Selex - (Early) 2000 - (Mid) 2004 Retiree!(July 25)
                        [Spastic]
                        --:fear:--

Comment

I do not know if you have moved yet, but I live in NorthWestern Indiana. There are a lot of choices for jobs here. We have a lot of diversity in jobs. To narrow it down, I live in Portage, Indiana. If you've heard of Gary, Indiana; I'm about 15 minutes from there. It's an ok place to live and you can have a choice of colleges for when you get to that point. From Purdue University, Indiana University, and IVY schools. Also, you can travel to Chicago for other needs. We have lots of people that travel there for work. Little bit of a drive (1 hour). Anyways, just giving you a little insight on other parts of Indiana if your still deciding.

-PureOwnage (a.k.a Celareon)
                          Trench Wars Moderator

TWDT-B Season 3 Champion: WOOT

6:Centurion <ZH>> afk embalming babies
                          3:royce> i wish i knew how to penetrate
                          1:Markmrw> i feel like i need a dick all of a sudden
                          1:Markmrw> fuck wrong chat!
                          1:Markmrw> :O
                          1:RaCka> ?????????????????????????????????????????????????? ????????????????????????

Comment

Yeah dude, I'm definitely going to be in Indiana. I'll either be in Indianapolis or Lafayette. Either way, I'm happy with my choice. I definitely plan on hitting up Chicago too. :]
                            jasonofabitch loves!!!!

Comment

If go to Purdue, we'll definately have to hook up on the weekends. :up:
                              5:royst> i was junior athlete of the year in my school! then i got a girlfriend
                              5:the_paul> calculus is not a girlfriend
                              5:royst> i wish it was calculus

1:royst> did you all gangbang my gf or something

1:fermata> why dont you get money fuck bitches instead

Comment

I need to find one of you then. I go to Purdue North Central. I didn't even know Fit was in Indiana. Well, if your ever traveling too Chicago, your probably going to come close to my city. Maybe cya sometime.

-PureOwnage
                                Trench Wars Moderator

TWDT-B Season 3 Champion: WOOT

6:Centurion <ZH>> afk embalming babies
                                3:royce> i wish i knew how to penetrate
                                1:Markmrw> i feel like i need a dick all of a sudden
                                1:Markmrw> fuck wrong chat!
                                1:Markmrw> :O
                                1:RaCka> ?????????????????????????????????????????????????? ????????????????????????

Comment

Working...
                                X