This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Election discussion thread

Nov. 2 is already upon those of us posting from Europe, so I figured it was about time this thread started up.

For those of you who are voting: feel free to tell us when, where, how, and who you voted (for), though of course you aren't obliged to tell us.

I'm particularly interested in Dameon Angell's response to this (though you shouldn't feel pressured, Dameon), since he was our only real "undecided voter" in all of our forum discussions over the last few months over the once-forthcoming and now upon us election.

For those of us who aren't voting, this is a good place to keep tabs on how the election is progressing. Post whatever you've heard, or results in different states- not all of us get a chance to watch the news, especially from school, but we all have access to these forums, so we might as well keep track of how things are progressing here.

This is NOT the thread to:
    - talk about how much you hate Bush;
    - talk about how much you hate Kerry;
    - talk about how much you hate the electoral college.

This is a facts-oriented thread so we can talk about what's happening in the election. You can discuss the campaigns, if you wish, in terms of how different tactics did or didn't pay off in the final voting tally. Additionally, if there's a controversy or something (which is extremely likely, and there've been several election-related controversies in terms of ballot construction and loss, as well as voter rejection, already), we can definitely discuss it here, but I'd like to avoid finger-pointing and general retardation as much as I can.
    Originally posted by Ward
    OK.. ur retarded case closed

My mother is taking us to a friend's bomb shelter.

"Those Crazy Democrats will try something."

She called the democrats crazy. She is taking us to a BOMB SHELTER

gsdfja
    NOSTALGIA IN THE WORST FASHION

internet de la jerome

because the internet | hazardous

Comment

That's both confusing and amusing at the same time. Do you know that many American public schools that were around during the early Cold War were retrofitted with bomb shelters in case of Soviet attack? If you go to a public school, odds are actually pretty good that you have a bomb shelter somewhere, or that the school's architecture/floor-planning/construction is designed in some way to approximate a bomb shelter in and of itself. In this case, your school is actually a certified bomb shelter, and that's where all of us will have to "go back to" in case the terrorists start getting real serious.

Comment

Anyway, here's where we stand:

http://www.econ.umn.edu/~amoro/Research/presprobs.html
        http://www.electoral-vote.com

Note that the first site is a compendium of an obviously Democratic-bent site and an obviously Republican-bent site. The second site is vaguely Democractic in bent (the site operator is a Democrat), though I've found in the last few months that it presents an impressively nonpartisan analysis of the polls so long as you don't use its predictor function. And here's another ridiculously comprehensive analysis of the election-to-be, though I haven't been using it myself:

http://synapse.princeton.edu/~sam/pollcalc.html

Comment

i'm underage so i won't be voting, but my persuaded my mom to vote in my place

both parents voting for bush

its pretty much an almost gauranteed victory for bush in GA, unless all the republicans decide not to go because its gonna rain a lot tomorrow
          can we please have a moment for silence for those who died from black on black violence

Comment

Both the junior high and high school were built around the 50's

That sucks, the only place that kids so desperately hate, is their safest spot.

Oh, my mom is voting for Bush just to cancel out one of her friends at work while my dad is voting for Kerry because he said Bush will get into more wars.

Edit: FINALLY, 600 POSTS! LOL, been wanting this for about an hour now I can rest in peace now.
            Last edited by Twerp; 11-01-2004, 10:43 PM.

Comment

I am not voting, I didn't register.
              To all the virgins, Thanks for nothing
              brookus> my grandmother died when she heard people were using numbers in their names in online games.. it was too much for her little heart

Comment

Why on earth didn't you register, PV? You've been one of the more outspoken forum members during the political discussions.

Comment

Originally posted by Vykromond
                  That's both confusing and amusing at the same time. Do you know that many American public schools that were around during the early Cold War were retrofitted with bomb shelters in case of Soviet attack? If you go to a public school, odds are actually pretty good that you have a bomb shelter somewhere, or that the school's architecture/floor-planning/construction is designed in some way to approximate a bomb shelter in and of itself. In this case, your school is actually a certified bomb shelter, and that's where all of us will have to "go back to" in case the terrorists start getting real serious.
                  My old high school and the other "big school" are certified, but my school was built in the 80's and couldn't withstand heavy rains.

Anyways yeah according to Gallup this election is a dead heat so I'm not sure where I stand. Bush all the way of course, but a deep part of me wants Kerry to win so everyone will realize the truth: Kerry isn't all he's hyped to be. His "I have a plans" will turn out as just more beaurocratic BS. In a best (read: worst) case scenario, terrorists attack the US, why? Because under the last Democrat, they got the First WTC bombing and the USS Cole bombing, and no retaliation. And of course Enron was "happening" at that time but Bush took the fall when the economy turned to shit - a recession predicted by economists during the Clinton era but still seen as Bush's shit. So all I can hope for is for businesses and terrorists to fuck shit up. God bless Kerry!
                  NOSTALGIA IN THE WORST FASHION

internet de la jerome

because the internet | hazardous

Comment

why in the blue fuck did you start this thread, vyk? you know damn well it will only deteriorate into nonsensical bullshit. shame on you.
                    jasonofabitch loves!!!!

Comment

I saw Bush at around 280 last night, now 231 on http://www.electoral-vote.com/

I'm still seeing too much red :down:.

Comment

Red is bad, yes. I already sent in my absentee vote for Kerry. My parents are both voting for Bush, purely on the basis that he's a republican and so are they.

On a side note, the government also made me pay $.40 for a fucking stamp to mail my ballot. Fuckers.
                        The song doesn't make your hands clap,
                        The hand claps make the song

Comment

Originally posted by IlyaZ
                          both parents voting for bush
                          your parents are the worst

Comment

Originally posted by dark_mistress
                            Evasive you idolt! (Joke!) Why are you like that. Act your age boy!
                            can we please have a moment for silence for those who died from black on black violence

Comment

Jerome, thanks for fucking up my thread. You're the best.

Comment

Working...
                              X