someone give me a new reason why it's worth an hour of my time to vote

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• someone give me a new reason why it's worth an hour of my time to vote

I was totally going to vote until I realized that it's going to take at least an hour out of my day, maybe two or three, really.

Reasons not to vote:
    1) I don't want to spend two hours in line, especially since you aren't allowed to smoke cigarettes in line
    2) Bush has a really good chance of winning North Carolina, and he'll probably win it by a lot. The odds of him winning by one vote are pretty much infintesimal, so overall, my vote doesn't even matter
    3) I'm pretty sure that the election is rigged anyway. With no paper trail, and nobody that really is protecting the integrity of the situation, I've kind of reached the conclusion that voting is meaningless anyway, just because of this.

Reasons to vote:
    1) Stubborn people like my girlfriend get disproportionatelly pissed off when you say you're considering not voting, and they say things like "DON'T YOU CARE IF BUSH WINS?!?!?" or "IF EVERYONE WAS AS LAZY AS YOU, EVERYTHING WOULD GO TO SHIT!!!!!"
    2) I think it's somewhat important for candidates to know that people my age do, in fact, vote, and they do, in fact, vote Democrat, so perhaps politicians will pay some attention to us in the future, instead of catering to old-ass crotchety people that care mostly about money

Thoughts?!?!
    5:gen> man
    5:gen> i didn't know shade's child fucked bluednady

Reasons to vote:

you get a sticker
    you could have gone earlier in the day and waited less than 5 minutes in line
    Last edited by Ilya; 11-02-2004, 05:17 PM.
    can we please have a moment for silence for those who died from black on black violence

Comment

0/1
      5:gen> man
      5:gen> i didn't know shade's child fucked bluednady

Comment

your political system sucks
        I wouldnt bother to vote either (hmm I probably would vote anyway) if I was the only one voted for someone who I knew would lose..

Now If I knew my vote actually counted...
        Originally posted by Tyson
        There is no such thing as hoologians there are only football supporters.
        Originally posted by HeavenSent
        Hello? Ever tried to show a Muslim a picture of Mohammed? I dare anyone to try. You will die.
        Originally posted by Izor
        Women should never be working in the first place.

Comment

so that later on you can complain people will say "THEN YOU SHOULD HAVE VOTED" and you will say "I DID, ASSHAT"
          can we please have a moment for silence for those who died from black on black violence

Comment

Reasons not to vote:
            You vote means nothing unless you're an elector.
            this is a dated signature

FREE GHB, PH
            (:3=

Comment

Think about the millions of guys your age across the country who are all thinking the same thing as you. Those are exactly the people who are going to decide this election. The bigger the turnout, the better Kerry's odds. And even beyond that.. even if Kerry doesn't win, the more votes against Bush the better because politicians need to know that they will be held accountable. If those millions of lazy guys your age don't show up this time, future presidents will assume they won't show up again next time. and they'll be right.

I've never voted before. I've never given a shit who won. i'm not a political person, but when someone steps out of bounds, we have to come together and let them know that we don't like it. Find a lazy friend that doesn't feel like going and drag him out, go together... now you're 2 votes, you just doubled your power.. Since PV isn't registered, it's almost like you're triple power.

As far as being fixed, I don't think so. The drudge report spread a story this morning about machines already having a total of about 2000 votes for Bush on tehm when they were delivered to the polling places, it turned out to be pure bullshit. There's a lot of hype and very few confirmed stories. the worst I've heard is that people have been asked to show ID even though it's not required by law.
              http://www.trenchwars.org/forums/showthread.php?t=15100 - Gallileo's racist thread

"Mustafa sounds like someone that likes to fly planes into buildings." -Galleleo

Comment

This is easy.

Every Generation grows further by numbers than the previous generation, Unless you're talking about China. If you are looking for a reason to vote, it is as simple as this. The young voters of this nation have always had a power in our political system that they seem to be fairly reluctant to just grasp and take for their own. As the numbers of the young grow, if they wanted they could quite simply take over the political system and make this nation their own. That is in theory the way it's supposed to work. Each new generation is supposed to grab voting, vote in their candidates that shapes the nation to the needs and wishes of the new generation, so that our nation grows and adapts as our population does. If you're too lazy, you get old men in power that don't agree with your ideals.

Imagine if people aged 18 - 35 total completely formed a consensus, and ran for varied offices and all of them only voted for candidates from that age group only, in an election. What more reason can you want than that. You guys have the power to help shape the nation but you're simply too goddamn lazy to take it in hand and make it and this country your own.
                "Sexy" Steve Mijalis-Gilster, IVX

Reinstate Me.

Comment

I love Canada.
                  audit> and btw, im your fan!

DeeZ NuTs> time to own
                  DeeZ NuTs> got my fedex hat on
                  Azreal> LOloL
                  cook> ROFL

R.I.P VENOM

Comment

Originally posted by Facetious
                    The odds of him winning by one vote are pretty much infintesimal, so overall, my vote doesn't even matter

If everyone does that, and I'm sure a lot do, that can be the difference between an election. Just vote -- it's your duty as an American. By the way, if you don't vote, don't whine about who wins. Don't be mad if the person you didn't want to win actually does win, and don't cry about their policies.

Lord, why people who can vote don't, I'll never know.

EDIT: bz beat me to it, I didn't read the whole thread before I posted :english:
                    7:Warcraft> Why don't white people hit their kids anymore?

Duel Pasta> great
                    Duel Pasta> I spilled juice on my face

Tower> NATIONAL WEED YOUR GARDEN DAY

TWLB Champion Season 12
                    TWLJ Champion Season 11
                    TWLB All-Star Season 10
                    Best undeserved TWL title winner in Trench Wars history

Comment

dude if you're actually old enough to vote i'll soil myself. i'm talkin' straight up poopin' da pants

i voted :info:
                      PLEASE, DON'T BE MISGUIDED...YA BITIN'. AND I'MA HAVE TA DIS YA, UNDERSTAND MISTA?

Comment

Originally posted by dchao
                        Reasons not to vote:
                        You vote means nothing unless you're an elector.
                        If everyone thinks that then nobody would vote..
                        9:Everett> well with pascone in -f-, our squad standards just experienced a decrease of 150%

Comment

if you don't vote, you give up all right to complain about anything the government does. You can't bitch about it when you had a chance to stop it and hcoose to sit on your fat ass.
                          The only TWO TIME TWLJ All-Star and TWLB All-Star who never played a game.

Originally posted by Richard Creager
                          All space detectives come armed with tcp/ip persona blasting pistols, it's required for their line of duty. Silly of both maisoul and goddess to not know this before hand, they get what they deserved, fucking zapped, bitches.

Comment

Like NN said, If you don't vote, you don't deserve to complain, And if you're willing to give up the right to bitch, go for it.

And, another thing. You don't have to vote for president if you're gonna vote. There's propositions, state measures, etc* that you can vote on as well that will have to do more with what's going on in your area.
                            Last edited by Dameon Angell; 11-02-2004, 08:14 PM.
                            DELETED

Comment

Dameon Angell, I'd still like to hear some input from you on the other discussion thread.
                              Originally posted by Ward
                              OK.. ur retarded case closed

Comment

Working...
                              X