Martial Arts

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Martial Arts

So I was thinking about taking a martial art up. Aikido, Tae Kwon Do and Wing Chun look interesting in particular.

I'm well aware that this is potentially the worst place in the internet to ask such a question, but does anyone have any martial arts experience? And if so, please do share. :turned:
    G[y]Ro> omfg
    G[y]Ro> u nerds
    G[y]Ro> NERDS
    G[y]Ro> ALL OF U

I like farcour, or what its called. Farcour mixed with martial arts.. check out Joe Eigo, or that umm frenchman that is extremly good, jumping from roof tops to an other, jumping over a car, you name it. Real sweet.. I, me, myself exercise in making flips, kicks etc.
    Endless space, endless exploration.

Comment

That is not a martial art.
      ♪♫♪♫♪♫♪♫♪♫♪♫
      Failure teaches success.

Comment

Originally posted by Kim
        That is not a martial art.
        No it isn't, but there are people mixing farcour and martial arts. The Frenchman had northing to do with the martial art part, but Joe Eigo has been traning capoeira.

Or did you refer to Rion.'s post?

Comment

TKD is fun but virtually useless in a real fight.
          Jesus Christ on a pogo stick

Comment

I think you mean parkour...

Last summer I met up with some SS players in seattle, one of whom does that. In itself it's not usefull in a fight, but people who practice it (well) are amazing athletes who could probably kill you with their bare hands anyways. I did some recording of this guy's jumps, but if I posted any video or image links bioture would obsesivly stalk me and post such links in pub
            SIGNATURE PROTEST: KEEP THE SHORT FFS

Comment

Originally posted by Benno
              I think you mean parkour...

Last summer I met up with some SS players in seattle, one of whom does that. In itself it's not usefull in a fight, but people who practice it (well) are amazing athletes who could probably kill you with their bare hands anyways. I did some recording of this guy's jumps, but if I posted any video or image links bioture would obsesivly stalk me and post such links in pub
              Yeah, parkour!

I think parkour is much more pleasing to do then martial art. Often the parkourers have some martial arts background.

The rawest martial art, if you could call it that is Krav Maga, it comes from Israel. Or so I've heard.. perhaps not the nicest and most good looking fighting style. As Kung-fu has many beautiful kicks, while they may lack in effetiveness, if compared to other martial arts.

Comment

Jeet Kune Do (sp?) and Kendo are my favs, never been in martial arts but those are what I would take.

Girlfriend has taken martial arts, karate and something else, I forget

"There are those who said this day would never come. What have they to say now?"
                .Halo.

Y'know... if you were any stupider, I swear death by laughter would be a real medical occurance.

Comment

My favourite's the one where everyone ponces about in a dressing gown
                  Originally posted by Facetious
                  edit: (Money just PMed me his address so I can go to Houston and fight him)

Comment

Tae Kwon Do is pretty cool. My brother is a black belt (well probationary blackbelt but same thing). Some of the stuff he does is so cool. And one of the instructors is a 5th degree and when he spars and stuff it is so awesome to watch. And another one of the instructors is really hot. ...but uh yea Tae Kwon Do is cool.
                    Pandagirl!

(ph)>12 is just right

In the most dangerous game...warping will only prolong your defeat. ?go warpwars -Chao <ER>
                    1:Chao <ER>> what the FUCK?
                    1:Chao <ER>> I just adverted and no one came
                    1:Chao <ER>> at all
                    1:Mantra-Slider> chao
                    1:Mantra-Slider> you are in the wrong arena
                    Panda <ZH>> ?find chao <ER>
                    Chao <ER> - hero

Comment

Originally posted by Rion.
                      So I was thinking about taking a martial art up. Aikido, Tae Kwon Do and Wing Chun look interesting in particular.

I'm well aware that this is potentially the worst place in the internet to ask such a question, but does anyone have any martial arts experience? And if so, please do share. :turned:
                      i do Muay Thai myself. It's thai kickboxing. To say it simple, it's kickboxing with less rules (elbows and knee's allowed). Personally, i wouldn't recommend anything else.

if ya want to do a "wax on, wax off" sport, i wouldnt recomment tae kwon do, but ya should go for wing chun. whatever ya do, dont do TKD cause it is realyl, really useless. i know on who to put my money if a muay thai pro played vs a tkd pro.

Try looking on Sherdog.com, lots of good information on that forum. before ya post just search there cause many ppl asked what you asked so ya can find lotsa info.

Comment

Originally posted by Benno
                        but if I posted any video or image links bioture would obsesivly stalk me and post such links in pub
                        I guess bioture owns you
                        http://www.trenchwars.org/forums/showthread.php?t=15100 - Gallileo's racist thread

"Mustafa sounds like someone that likes to fly planes into buildings." -Galleleo

Comment

I learned Choy Lee Fut for 2 years and I went to green belt and quit. Choy Lee Fut is about strength and style rather than practical-ness. Bo (staff) and single katana are the coolest weapons. Initially I thought double daggers were awesome but they were wimpy compared to swords (no kidding). Then I tried TKD for 3 months and it was okay, but I couldn't catch up on my studies, so I was forced to quit. I've watched some seniors spar, and its probably the best reason to take Tae Kwon Do in the first place. My friend was 2nd degree blackbelt, and the prices start escalating dramatically from there. He barely learns any material because Black belters gotta teach the juniors, as that is a part of their 'learning process'. It's just a whole waste of time where you still gotta pay for tuition WHILE learning nothing. Testing fees are insanely high, so it puts a huge amount of pressure on you during the examination.
                          ♪♫♪♫♪♫♪♫♪♫♪♫
                          Failure teaches success.

Comment

which one makes the funniest noises?
                            can we please have a moment for silence for those who died from black on black violence

Comment

Choy Lee Fut = DEY! EASE! (seriously )

Tae Kwon Do = Random shouting that they call a kee-up
                              ♪♫♪♫♪♫♪♫♪♫♪♫
                              Failure teaches success.

Comment

Working...
                              X