vehicle modifications

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• vehicle modifications

hi, i am about to purchase a 1990 ford bronco and since it was under my spending cap, my parents will let me spend about ~$4k on anything I want on it. So my question: any of you crazy car hacks know any company websites that offer the following parts:

lift kits / all-terrain tires (it has a kit but not high enough )
    rollcages
    seats (normal nice ones or racing) and seat modding (i.e. removing the back seat, or like moving it to face a different direction etc.)
    brush guards
    lights (i dont think bronco's have a normal/bright selector so i will need to add brights, perhaps on the brush guard)
    sound systems (cd players)
    sound systems (speakers, amps, wubs)
    windows (safari windows preferably, or tinting, sunroofs etc.)
    towing packages
    lights (the small ones that go on top, behind, etc)
    Dashboards (though i might just get a mechanic to set all the guages in a sheet of aluminum)
    Guages (you can never have enough)
    Power supplies (alternators, ammeters, extra batteries)
    General body mods (like steps, rails, maybe mods that make it easy to remove the back top thing)
    Exhaust mods (there was some safety report about exhaust seeping into the passenger compartment)
    ...neons. yes i know. stfu in advance, i want some that blink to music. i like to zone out and watch them as i jam.

anyways anything that you can find will be of great help, even if the supplier is out of my state (louisiana), the shop that i plan on asking to help me can order parts from anywhere.

Last edited by Jerome Scuggs; 12-06-2004, 12:49 AM.
    NOSTALGIA IN THE WORST FASHION

internet de la jerome

because the internet | hazardous

if at all possible, dont spend it on your car.. what a waste. a car gets you from A to B. save it for other things that will last a while, just keep it for spending money and shit.
    Ripper>cant pee with a hard on
    apt>yes u can wtf
    apt>you need to clear the pipes after a nice masturbation
    apt>i just put myself in a wierd position
    apt>so i dont miss the toilet
    Ripper>but after u masterbaition it usually goes down
    apt>na
    apt>ill show you pictures
    apt>next time I masturbate

Comment

Originally posted by za gophar
      if at all possible, dont spend it on your car.. what a waste. a car gets you from A to B. save it for other things that will last a while, just keep it for spending money and shit.
      well my mother will only spend it on the car it has a rebuilt transmission and overhauled parts, so it should last me awhile anyways.

internet de la jerome

Comment

Hit up a Pep Boys for all the little accessory crap, they also have decient neons, for inside that is. I dunno if it'll last that long tho, lol.
        DELETED

Comment

west coast customs all the way

Comment

Jerome: "PlezMTV & x-zibit: PIMP MAH RIDE!"

I agree with gopher. That Bronco will eat gas like noone's business. Save the money for gas or get a more fuel efficient car.
            5:royst> i was junior athlete of the year in my school! then i got a girlfriend
            5:the_paul> calculus is not a girlfriend
            5:royst> i wish it was calculus

1:royst> did you all gangbang my gf or something

1:fermata> why dont you get money fuck bitches instead

Comment

vehicle modifications are fucking retarded. go buy something thats more efficient you uneducated ritz
              Last edited by Bioture; 12-06-2004, 12:39 PM.
              TelCat> i am a slut not a hoe
              TelCat> hoes get paid :(
              TelCat> i dont

Comment

http://www.ford-trucks.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=44

Comment

Originally posted by Fit of Rage
                  Jerome: "PlezMTV & x-zibit: PIMP MAH RIDE!"

I agree with gopher. That Bronco will eat gas like noone's business. Save the money for gas or get a more fuel efficient car.
                  Any car I get that is fuel efficient won't suit my needs. It needs to haul stuff, and any vehicle with that option has about 12-18 mpg. The bronco is on the high end with 17. And besides, I can also purchase engine mods that increase the mpg, so I have that under control.

Once again, money is not an issue. Let's just say I think my parents are secretly jewish and they never told me, because they've suddenly pulled a LOT of money out their asses from savings and shit.

internet de la jerome

Comment

When you're done, can you stick some pics on these forums please?
                    USS Banana after years of superior jav play has amassed 17999 kills, he is 1 kill away from 18k, Type ?go Javs FOR A GAME OF HUNT (no scorereset) -Kim
                    ---A few minutes later---
                    9:cool koen> you scorereseted
                    9:Kim> UM
                    9:Kim> i didn't
                    9:cool koen> hahahahahahaha
                    9:ph <ZH>> LOOOOL
                    9:Stargazer <ER>> WHO FUCKING SCORERESET
                    9:pascone> lol?

Comment

Originally posted by jeem
                      west coast customs all the way
                      Jeem I love that artwork, I've been trying to get those pictures on my computer and I can't find them anywhere on the internet except for scanning in my cd cover. Where did you find that picture or did you ponce it off of amazon, and do you have the full set?
                      Originally posted by Facetious
                      edit: (Money just PMed me his address so I can go to Houston and fight him)

Comment

Get a 4k better car, but you could spend £40 on a Burberry cap to go with your car just as an idea.
                        EvoLd> Roboqueen died again?
                        cool koen> :)
                        PRiMORDiAL> pfft
                        cool koen> not because of a bug
                        EvoLd> Lol
                        Treachery> meh
                        EvoLd> why then?
                        PubAceR> women in power dont last
                        EvoLd> LOl
                        toaster oven reviews

Comment

Save the 4k and use it to buy a new car once you've driven the ford into a wall.
                          5: Da1andonly> !ban epinephrine
                          5: RoboHelp> Are you nuts? You can't ban a staff member!
                          5: Da1andonly> =((
                          5: Epinephrine> !ban da1andonly
                          5: RoboHelp> Staffer "da1andonly" has been banned for abuse.
                          5: Epinephrine> oh shit

Comment

Being a car audio buff, I can help you with the sound system part of your OJ-mobile.

You'll want to get your ass on eBay and order most of your stuff off of there. You can get shit for about 20-60% off of what it goes for in stores. I think they just steal the shit out of Circuit City trucks or something, but that's not my business. Anyway, before I start, let me warn you that I am a whore for three brands: Alpine for players, Infinity for speakers and subs, and Audiobahn for amps. Alpine offers the best expandability, looks and control, Infinity's sound quality and response to power can't be beaten, and Audiobahn amps are a great bargain. That said, here are my recommendations for a Bronco. Rip that shitty factory stereo out and get whatever Alpine deck suits your needs. If you need MP3 playback, go with the CDA-9815 model. You can get it for around $300-350 on eBay as opposed to about $450-500 in stores. Rip those shitty factory speakers out, put some Infinity Reference 6000CS in the front door and Reference 6800cs in the mid panels for about $250 altogether. Now, for your lows, it depends on whether you're trying to announce your arrival with your system or just get better bass response without breaking windows and setting off alarms. If you want big bass, I'd go with an Audiobahn Intake A8002T and two Infinity Kappa Perfect 12.1D's in your choice of box type. Just make sure they fit in the box, because those fuckers are very tall and very heavy. If you just need some bass because your music sounds like shit without it, pick up an Audiobahn Intake A4002T and a couple of Infinity Kappa 120.3DVC's in your choice of box type. The big bass setup will run you about $450, the basic setup about $300. If you go with big bass, you'll probably want an amp for your high-end speakers, and I recommend an Audiobahn Intake A4004T for that. It'll run you about $150, as opposed to $270 at Circuit City.

And after reading that rant, I'm no buff. I'm a fanatical loser.

EDIT: A couple more things. First, I commend you for not wanting ricer mods (roof scoop, watermelon-sized exhaust, etc). Second, you might want a capacitor if you go with the "big bass" setup because the constant hammering will kill your alternator. I don't know what to recommend because I don't have one, but I also need one. If you do decide on one, let me know how it works out.
                            Last edited by PH; 12-06-2004, 04:00 PM. Reason: Uncle Ben is a ******.
                            Originally posted by Tone
                            It is now time for the energy shift of the 7th root race to manifest on the 3D physical plane and uplift us back to 5D.
                            Originally posted by the_paul
                            Gargle battery acid fuckface
                            Originally posted by Material Girl
                            I tried downloading a soundcard

Comment

I don't know of any places but I think it's cool to modify your car. I can't wait until I get a car, because I am going to totally pimp it out. I like some of your ideas for your car Jerome :up:
                              Pandagirl!

(ph)>12 is just right

In the most dangerous game...warping will only prolong your defeat. ?go warpwars -Chao <ER>
                              1:Chao <ER>> what the FUCK?
                              1:Chao <ER>> I just adverted and no one came
                              1:Chao <ER>> at all
                              1:Mantra-Slider> chao
                              1:Mantra-Slider> you are in the wrong arena
                              Panda <ZH>> ?find chao <ER>
                              Chao <ER> - hero

Comment

Working...
                              X