No announcement yet.

Workout!? What's your workout routine?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Workout!? What's your workout routine?

I used to jog a lot 1 year ago, 5-10 km, 5 times a week. (1 mile = 1.6093 km, for you silly americans who doesn't use the metric system).
    After doing that for half a year without my condition/endurance getting any better, I stopped running. And decided to gain weight and do weights to get bigger instead.

I stumbled across my little sisters book about the body yesterday. Reading that the muscles were divided into 2 groups.
    Musclefiber I and II, I having LOTS of endurance, but not a lot of power.
    And II, the one having lots of maximal power, the strong muscles, run fast, and good leaping power (ability to jump high far/high). Again divided into 2, one with good endurance (the perfect one), and the one with BAD endurance (*cough*). People use to have I and II combined. Lots of one of them are required when competing at pro level.

So after a year, I started to do weights and machines. Training with my 2 buddies, a body builder of a monster (lifts 130kg easily, americans: 1 pound = 0.454kg, 286 pounds), and a rower on the Norwegian junior national team, (superiour strenght and endurance, also have 2 other buddies whos almost in at the junior national team in cross-country skiing, but they run a lot, so I don't train with them). It's really fun.

So to the training schedual!
    30 x 5 sit-ups, 3 times a day, morning, evening, night, 7 times a week.
    (I suck at sit ups).
    50 x 2 push-ups, 3 times a day, morning, evening, night, 7 times a week.
    Monday, Tuesday, Sunday, I train on my bicep, 1-2 hours.
    Wednesday, Saturday, tricep and the back. 1-2 hours. (just started with this).

Phew! 10 minutes.. Wasn't my plan to type this much..

So do any of you workout? If so tell us about your workout routines, and if you got a little story like me, please share it

Sit-ups and push-ups doesn't take lots of time, so if you don't work out, try to do some, it helps. :grin:

Being sick saturday night is boring, so I decided to write this
    DuelBot> You have defeated 'nessy' score: (20-11)
    Nessy> i left for 3 years clean
    Nessy> came back got on rampage, won twl, #1 in elim for 3 weeks, not even tryin, gg

1:King Baba> i know my name is King Baba, but you can call me Poseidon

I Luv Cook> I'll double penetrate your ass:/

Bitterness is like cancer. It eats upon the host. But anger is like fire. It burns it all clean.

Broaden your horizons, read my blog:
    -> http://foldhesten.mybrute.com/

30 minute weightliiifitng

Comment

I mostly concentrate on stretching right now, because I might pick up some martial art soon.
      Jesus Christ on a pogo stick

Comment

Everyday I do these sit ups where the only difference is your legs come up too. It works your lower abs. Then I do regular sit ups. Then I do touch your toe situps. Each of these I do 5 more each day. So let's say on Monday I do 75 of each, on Tuesday I would do 80. Then after that I do leg lifts. Every day I add 10 more of those. Nothing other than that, I'm just getting my stomach in shape for the cruise I'm going on and to get my belly pierced.
        Pandagirl!

(ph)>12 is just right

In the most dangerous game...warping will only prolong your defeat. ?go warpwars -Chao <ER>
        1:Chao <ER>> what the FUCK?
        1:Chao <ER>> I just adverted and no one came
        1:Chao <ER>> at all
        1:Mantra-Slider> chao
        1:Mantra-Slider> you are in the wrong arena
        Panda <ZH>> ?find chao <ER>
        Chao <ER> - hero

Comment

I can bench a 600

Comment

I crank one out when I wake up, eat some cereal, watch some TV, crank one out about 3 pm, go to work, crank one out on my break, come home, watch a movie, crank about three out in a row, have a nice long sleep, wake up,rinse and repeat.

Comment

jog 2-3 miles (depending on how much shit i have to do that day) a day, 6 days a week

lift weights for 15-20 minutes 3 or 4 days a week

swim 3 days a week

crunches and situps every day (i do them during commercials on tv. start when a commercial comes on and do it until its over)

pushups most days (take a stack of cards and pull out a few random cards. do however many number it says on the cards)
              Last edited by Ilya; 12-17-2004, 07:42 PM.
              can we please have a moment for silence for those who died from black on black violence

Comment

I need to get into better shape. Since it's Winter Break, why not start now . I will probably just do sit-ups, push ups, and run about 5k a day for training for my next cross country season.

Originally posted by RATTY...
                Musclefiber I and II, I having LOTS of endurance, but not a lot of power.
                And II, the one having lots of maximal power, the strong muscles, run fast, and good leaping power (ability to jump high far/high). Again divided into 2, one with good endurance (the perfect one), and the one with BAD endurance (*cough*). People use to have I and II combined. Lots of one of them are required when competing at pro level.
                Like anaerobic and aerobic excercises?

Comment

Scream at the top of your lungs 20 times a week
                  Throw USB gamepad down in anger twice a week.
                  Push any and all keyboard and gamepad buttons as hard as you possibly can at all times.
                  Burst out your door and fight the first person you see once a week.
                  sage

Comment

Originally posted by Send
                    I can bench a 600

I can bench a 40
                    http://www.trenchwars.org/forums/showthread.php?t=15100 - Gallileo's racist thread

"Mustafa sounds like someone that likes to fly planes into buildings." -Galleleo

Comment

anyone else do cock push-ups? i can get a couple before i become flaccid.
                      offline during quicksand's victory in twld which made us the first squad to have an undefeated TWL season while winning every game 4v5.

Comment

Walk around minimum 8 hours+
                        sweat in room with a temp of 88
                        turn valves, tighten bolts, rebuild pumps
                        To all the virgins, Thanks for nothing
                        brookus> my grandmother died when she heard people were using numbers in their names in online games.. it was too much for her little heart

Comment

I think there was a thread about this somewhere...

But just for the sake of redundancy:

weightlifiting: 1 1/2 hrs 5 times a week. Seperate push and pull days. On the two days where you don't go, run for abt 2 miles.

I've been pretty slack on that during the final weeks of this semester.

Edit: Try not to use supplements, as they tend to be a waste of money if you eat healthy enough. And as for muscle building, stay away from the creatine. It helps you get bigger, but not without damaging your liver.
                          Last edited by Bioture; 12-18-2004, 12:00 AM.
                          TelCat> i am a slut not a hoe
                          TelCat> hoes get paid :(
                          TelCat> i dont

Comment

Weightlifting to get some more mass. 4 times a week, 10 minutes of warm up, 1 h of exercise, 10 minute cooldown, 15 minutes of stretching
                            monday & thursday:
                            Legs and midbody

tuesday and friday:
                            Upper body.

I run a lot during the summer but now I keep up my endurance with low-intensity ice skating and ice-hockey.
                            5: Da1andonly> !ban epinephrine
                            5: RoboHelp> Are you nuts? You can't ban a staff member!
                            5: Da1andonly> =((
                            5: Epinephrine> !ban da1andonly
                            5: RoboHelp> Staffer "da1andonly" has been banned for abuse.
                            5: Epinephrine> oh shit

Comment

Originally posted by Send
                              I can bench a 600
                              If that's pounds then you need to be more serious
                              5: Da1andonly> !ban epinephrine
                              5: RoboHelp> Are you nuts? You can't ban a staff member!
                              5: Da1andonly> =((
                              5: Epinephrine> !ban da1andonly
                              5: RoboHelp> Staffer "da1andonly" has been banned for abuse.
                              5: Epinephrine> oh shit

Comment

Working...
                              X