No announcement yet.

Up and Coming Movies

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

My guess is to avoid any more confusion with that abortion Hellboy.

Comment

SpyKiller movie...

Sigh..
      Originally posted by Jeenyuss
      sometimes i thrust my hips so my flaccid dick slaps my stomach, then my taint, then my stomach, then my taint. i like the sound.

Comment

Wonderworks (a British movie company that does a lot of books and shit on film) made a trilogy out of the Chronicles of Narnia. They made The Lion, the Witch, and the Wardrobe, The Caspian Sea, and the Silver Chair. I have read all the Narnia books and seen all 3 of those movies and they're pretty good. But they skip The Magician's Nephew (imo the best book and also the first) and they combine the Voyage of the Dawn Treader with Prince Caspian -_- . They also totally ignore the last 2 books. Definitely read the books first, but those movies aren't too bad.
        Last edited by genocidal; 01-27-2005, 12:25 AM.

Comment

The Magician's Nephew and Prince Caspian were my favourites. The Magician's Nephew I think was a prequel written later though, and though it occurs first I find it a better read if you read some of the other ones first. The Last Battle is the most overtly religious of them all and probably the most difficult to adapt to film.

Comment

Originally posted by Troll King
            I'm looking forward to a couple of films based on books I liked when I was a kid: Charlie and the Chocolate Factory and The Lion, the Witch, and the Wardrobe. I was a bit leery about them making another Chocolate Factory film, but when I heard Johnny Depp was going to play Willy Wonka, I thought that was pretty interesting casting. As for the Narnia films, I loved the books, but I wonder whether they will do the whole series. I don't know if the series is still relevant enough to stretch over several films, especially following the Harry Potter machine. I don't think they'll be able to stretch some of the books into full length features anyway.

As for movies coming out in the very near future, I'm really looking forward to Be Cool. I loved Get Shorty but I hope the years between the two films won't ruin it for me. But when you have John Travolta and Uma Thurman in a dance scene (which should remind many of Pulp Fiction) and the Rock playing a gay bodyguard and a great supporting cast, I hope I won't be disappointed.

TK the kid that was in 'Finding Neverland' with Johnny is playing Charlie too. I'm really excited about this.
            7:Randedl> afk, putting on makeup
            1:Rough> is radiation an element?
            8:Rasta> i see fro as bein one of those guys on campus singing to girls tryin to get in their pants $ ez
            Broly> your voice is like a instant orgasm froe
            Piston> I own in belim
            6: P H> i fucked a dude in the ass once

Comment

Whoever has not seen Garden State should go see it. I finally saw it for the first time tonight ... and it is an brilliant movie. Quirky and real. So yeah go see it if u haven't yet.

Comment

I have to agree with Sufficient. Garden State is one of the best movies of 2004, although I saw it in 2005. The soundtrack is amazing aswell, with 2 songs from The Shins. I'm usually not a sucker for a romantic drama with a touch of comedy, but Zach Braff did an amazing job. Looking forward to whatever he's going to be directing in the future.

Comment

It was above mediocre, but I wouldn't say one of the best in '04.

The ending was so cliche. Perhaps it was meant to be like that, but I just thought it took away from the wonderful script writing in the movie.
                  Originally posted by Jeenyuss
                  sometimes i thrust my hips so my flaccid dick slaps my stomach, then my taint, then my stomach, then my taint. i like the sound.

Comment

Here's an article on IGM.com with Mark Johnson, one of the producers of the Narnia films.

http://filmforce.ign.com/articles/582/582957p1.html

It's a good interview with some interesting insights on how the film will turn out. Johnson sounds a little worried about the possibility of the other books being filmed though.

Comment

Originally posted by Troll King
                      The Magician's Nephew and Prince Caspian were my favourites. The Magician's Nephew I think was a prequel written later though, and though it occurs first I find it a better read if you read some of the other ones first. The Last Battle is the most overtly religious of them all and probably the most difficult to adapt to film.
                      Mine was definately Voyage of the Dawn Treader
                      I read that book like 5 times in the space of a couple months
                      Currently listening to:
                      Valient Thorr - Immortalizer
                      Dead to Me - Little Brother
                      Tim Barry - Manchester
                      Lemuria - Get Better
                      Alkaline Trio - Agony and Irony

Comment

Originally posted by DoTheFandango
                        It was above mediocre, but I wouldn't say one of the best in '04.

The ending was so cliche. Perhaps it was meant to be like that, but I just thought it took away from the wonderful script writing in the movie.
                        I do agree that the ending was a bit weak, but I think it would be hard to come up with the perfect ending for that movie. You have any idea of what would have been a better ending?

Comment

Keanu Reeves is doing a re-make of the korean melo-drama hit, Il Mare, about an architect who communicates with a love interest through a mystical mail box that travels through time. So they live in the same space, but in a different time. It also gets kinda interesting when they manipulate time to "meet".

Well that synopsis is just based off the korean version, I'm pretty sure the movie is gonna suckass unless the female lead is extrodinarily good at her role.
                          ♪♫♪♫♪♫♪♫♪♫♪♫
                          Failure teaches success.

Comment

Working...
                          X