Default Image View for Win XP

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Default Image View for Win XP

Any of you leet computer nerds know how to configure win xp so the default view is thumbnail? Every time I create a new image folder, it defaults to the filmstrip view, and I fucking can't stand that view setting. I never use it, and always change it to thumbnail, or detail view.

Although I have it set to remember my folder preferences, I still have to change it every time I create a new folder, which is pretty often.

Anyone know how to perm config this particular setting?

Change the appearance settings you want on Windows explorer, in any folder then click Tools-->Folder Options-->View-->Apply To All Folders

Comment

what he said
      More cowbell...

Comment

Won't that mean I'll have to set all my folders that contain files not pictures back to list view?
        Originally posted by Facetious
        edit: (Money just PMed me his address so I can go to Houston and fight him)

Comment

thank youse. i'll do it anyway despite the same concern zoose had. i hate filmstrip view so much that I don't mind having to deal with everything being in detail view.

Comment

Piggybacking...

I have a problem with the XP image viewer...it doesn't display PNGs correctly. It opens and you can kind of make out the picture but it's mostly garbled junk. Both the thumbnails and when I open with the "Image Previewer" program.

Anyone else had that before and know how to fix it?

Comment

Hmm, I've never had that happen with PNGs, but I don't know too much about them either. We were reading about jpegs, gifs, and pngs in this chapter when covering images, and according to my textbook, the only drawback they mentioned was that pngs aren't supported by older browsers.

But if you're talking about viewing them with XP image viewer, then I don't see why that would be the case.

A long shot, but I have to ask if you've tried with a variety of png files, right? Otherwise, it's possible the compression on the file was fucked up on the editing process. So, maybe it's the image, not your system. If you're not sure, save the PNG at the link below and try and open and view it with your image viewer.

try this one...it works fine for me.

Comment

Working...
              X