No announcement yet.

Grammys

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I didn't mean to discredit everything the band has done since the Joshua Tree. I only used that album as an example of what they are capable of since it happens to be my favourite of their's. I also said that some of their 90s work is good but by and large I am not a fan of their albums produced as a whole - just a few select tracks. I don't believe I've heard very much of All That You Can't Leave Behind so I will give that a listen. I became largely distinterested in U2 after seeing more recent live performances and hearing their radio hits. I have no problem with mainstream music - I am not an indie loser (sorry Jerome). I just don't particularly like the ballady arena-rock stuff that Bono is putting out now where it seems the amount of emotion he puts into his lyrics seems inappropriate and, at many times, laughable.
    Also, I agree with Peanuts in that Bono has gotten more egotistical lately which doesn't make his music any more attractive to me, anyway. But as you say, TK, it is all a matter of taste and I can still respect a liking for this type of music it is just not what I wanted U2 to put out after hearing classics like The Joshua Tree.

Comment

Originally posted by genocidal
      I didn't mean to discredit everything the band has done since the Joshua Tree. I only used that album as an example of what they are capable of since it happens to be my favourite of their's. I also said that some of their 90s work is good but by and large I am not a fan of their albums produced as a whole - just a few select tracks. I don't believe I've heard very much of All That You Can't Leave Behind so I will give that a listen. I became largely distinterested in U2 after seeing more recent live performances and hearing their radio hits. I have no problem with mainstream music - I am not an indie loser (sorry Jerome). I just don't particularly like the ballady arena-rock stuff that Bono is putting out now where it seems the amount of emotion he puts into his lyrics seems inappropriate and, at many times, laughable.
      Also, I agree with Peanuts in that Bono has gotten more egotistical lately which doesn't make his music any more attractive to me, anyway. But as you say, TK, it is all a matter of taste and I can still respect a liking for this type of music it is just not what I wanted U2 to put out after hearing classics like The Joshua Tree.
      agreed 100%

except I loved "War." and my Fave. U2 song is "Sunday Bloody Sunday"

and what about Green Day? Anyone care to disagree that everything Post Dookie is kinda tame?
      Originally posted by Tone
      Women who smoke cigarettes are sexy, not repulsive. It depends on the number smoked. less is better

Comment

Well, I actually really liked Shenanigans, American Idiot was good, but I have gone off that now, which is unusual as usually I will over-play a lot of albums I like. The move to be politically informed wasn't the best idea of theirs.

Comment

Working...
        X