Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

The Meaning of Life (Answer Actually Inside)

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

there's middle ground people there just hard to find.
    it makes me sick when i think of it, all my heroes could not live with it so i hope you rest in peace cause with us you never did

Comment

Originally posted by Squeezer
      personally i think TW is filled with too many aethiests, and too many religious zealots. There's no middle grounded people -_-
      the commonality of things doesnt make a middle ground sane. the middle ground could be completely removed from reality, and a so-called 'extreme' could be the closest to the truth. Look at what middle ground is in politics, a centrist. Look at what a centrist is, someone who might still support death by the state, someone who supports police state like laws and infringement of freedoms and rights, someone who would keep the military away from our borders and use them for 'homeland security' and the invasion of sovereign nations, etc. Looks like a centrist serves as a good example of a middle ground whos actually totally insane. There are many middle grounds that are. The middle isnt the sound middle at all

Comment

but, this is one of those situations where u need middle grounded people. If you elect a reallllllllly Liberal President, you'll piss off the country. Hence why Kerry lost. If you elect a realllllllly Conservative President.....well we've already seen how that went. Bill Clinton was in the middle, and he was a phenomenal President. The Middle is usually the best place to be.
        Originally posted by Tone
        Women who smoke cigarettes are sexy, not repulsive. It depends on the number smoked. less is better

Comment

Some would say that Canada is an example of a "middle ground" or "centrist" state. An American might not see it that way because the Canadian spectrum seems farther to the left than they are. By our own view of the political spectrum, we are fairly centrist. Much of Canada's history has been shaped by the Liberal party and its policies of compromise. The examples Tone listed may be where centrists prove problematic, but one could also argue that those particular examples are especially polemic with opposite sides that are highly contrasting. If you only look at either/or situations, then of course the middle ground won't fit.

Comment

Originally posted by Squeezer
            Bill Clinton was in the middle, and he was a phenomenal President.
            Very true. It's just sad that he'll always be remembered for getting his knob polished by an intern.
            It is now time for the energy shift of the 7th root race to manifest on the 3D physical plane and uplift us back to 5D.
            Originally posted by the_paul
            Gargle battery acid fuckface
            Originally posted by Material Girl
            I tried downloading a soundcard

Comment

Meaning of Life (Biologically): Live to Reproduce
              that is not the biological meaning of life but a part of the biological definition of life
              WE WANT OUR CLOAKS BACK!

hatelist:
              tone (destroyed weasels/is a whiner), BobR (is an asshole), Vitron (tried to tk me), ZeUs!!, Tibro, pandagirl89 (is a dumb lil girl), Golden Sun (called me a "fucktard"), Exotic

disciple: "Overburn" :wub: me!

A.D.A.

anti-deutschpunkrevolte-alliance

Comment

birth > reproduce > die

although the idea of the soul and such things are intresting.

it will never be as black and white as some religions makes it out to be
                Reinstate Sarien
                ph> AND THEN ME AND THE PLOINKIES WILL HEAD DOWN TO THE LOCAL CRUFFER FOR TEA AND WONKETS

Hal Wilker> Need I look recall the statement? And Suh.. control ya ho

"no, it's Monday, which of course means it's ethnic day, so ill be going with Rosalita"

Comment

Originally posted by Suzie-Q
                  birth > reproduce > die

although the idea of the soul and such things are intresting.

it will never be as black and white as some religions makes it out to be
                  edit: nevermind.
                  Last edited by Squeezer; 03-05-2005, 09:54 PM.
                  Women who smoke cigarettes are sexy, not repulsive. It depends on the number smoked. less is better

Comment

Lol...
                    This is funny!!
                    Who said that life must have a meaning... i mean men have always tried to find a meaning to the things he didn't understood... what if there is nothing to understand... life is meant to be enjoyed, its not an object for theories and it doesn't have meaning despite what we might think we have been done for and why we are HERE!!
                    A kiss is a rosy dot over the 'i' of loving.

Cyrano de Bergerac

Comment

Who said that life must have a meaning...
                      all ppl but the nihilists say it

the bad thing bout nihilism is that it makes u insane. why breathing. why reaching something if it has no meaning.
                      WE WANT OUR CLOAKS BACK!

hatelist:
                      tone (destroyed weasels/is a whiner), BobR (is an asshole), Vitron (tried to tk me), ZeUs!!, Tibro, pandagirl89 (is a dumb lil girl), Golden Sun (called me a "fucktard"), Exotic

A.D.A.

Comment

The problem with doing stuff based on religious faith is that your choice of religion is based not so much on rational thought and choice between many options (usually), but rather, which religion you're approached with first.
                        - k2

Comment

Originally posted by deutschpunkrevolte
                          all ppl but the nihilists say it

the bad thing bout nihilism is that it makes u insane.
                          Is that a bad thing?

Cyrano de Bergerac

Comment

Is that a bad thing?
                            no, I feel fine. but others say I shouldnt eat living cats and that it is disgusting...
                            WE WANT OUR CLOAKS BACK!

hatelist:

A.D.A.

Comment

Originally posted by Arikel
                              Lol...
                              This is funny!!
                              Who said that life must have a meaning... i mean men have always tried to find a meaning to the things he didn't understood... what if there is nothing to understand... life is meant to be enjoyed, its not an object for theories and it doesn't have meaning despite what we might think we have been done for and why we are HERE!!
                              all purpose are creative without basis except the purpose of abolitionism, because you are nothing but your state of being in the end. thats what makes calling the meaning of life to induce wellbeing the only valid meaning. if you can think of something in life that doesnt in the end lead to either the experience of pleasure or pain, then by my guest. thats what anything results in, its the bottom line figure. The most direct way of altering the bottom line figure to the highest positive value, has the most purpose. its been simplified to one factor, theres nothing left.

Comment

Hum!!

I guess i haven't explained myself in the best way!! (damn i hate english)
                                What i tryed to say is that there is no universely accepted "meaning of life" saying that the meaning of life is a constant strugle for well being does not solve the problem, in fact its kind of redundant!

Im trying to explain that there are 2 entities here at struggle. The first is the personal "and more imediate" idea of meaning of life wich is, as you said our idea of well being in wich you base our actions after analysing the prons and cons. Those ideas are based on what you have received from society as being something right or wrongh and your own evaluation of society's values and your own biological needs "something i could name by impulses although they can have very diferent origins". The other and more abstract concept and the one that really turns everyone's mind into water is the more "globalized" and not a selfcentered concept about your present past and future state of being. Despite the fact that this concept resides in each and every single one of us and despite the fact that it comes from our own essesnce it is a globalized idea that we could NEVER come to even get close to find... its what moves us on a long term and its our never ending quest... it's what makes us human... it is our belief of what humanity should be mixed up with everyone's beliefs and hopes so its nothing that one of us oould actualy discern.

Cyrano de Bergerac

Comment

Working...
                                X