Anime

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Anime

Ok, I know everyone who thinks anime is stupid is gonna respond with 'dumb, anime sucks' or something, but this is just a question towards the anime people in general.

After reading www.animeslice.com, the anime blog by Epinphrine, I started to realized how many more people watch shows they downloaded over the internet from Japan, and more importatntly the recent ones like Bleach and Air TV. I was just searching around EBay and was wondering what kind of anime series you guys reccomend me buying. The series I'm leaning to at the moment are Getbackers, Fullmetal Alchemist, Hellsing, and Cowboy Bebop, any suggestions?

On a second note, I was wondering if anyone could PM (if giving sites that have downloads to unlicensed anime is illegal) on where they download their subbed anime that downloads in an hour or two on 56k. The current site I use (I've been told this is not illegal, because it's unlicensed downloads) is www.armycats.com where I get my weekly Bleach/ Gundam Seedestiny Episodes. Does anyone know anymore current animes going on right now with some kind of scifi/violent genre?

Now on a third note, I've been surfing the web for a while now and been noticing that Bleach is a really popular anime. Downloading the theme song (which is awesome really, and you can find: here), I'm prone to follow that the good theme song is the good anime. People (like Kim) who I've noticed watched it, please gimme the outline of the story and stuff, I'm really interested in it.

I'm also open to old anime suggestions, thanks.

PS. Don't need to know about Naruto, I get it all off of www.narutofan.com
    These types of downloads are LEGAL
    Last edited by Send; 02-20-2005, 01:34 AM.

well i sent my websites so heres a list of good anime to watch
    1)fullmetal alchemist
    2)elfen lied not for the squemish lots of nudity
    3)berserk its violent
    4)chrno crusade
    5)Ah my goddess OVA (the series is meh)
    6)Princess mononoke was alright
    7)Martian Successor Nadesico dont watch this 1st cus it makes fun of other anime some
    the anime thats been imported to the US and shown on tv is usually good so watch that even though its been edited and killed (especially by Adult Swim)

I almost always support subtitles over dubs

armycats supports Lunar for Air and although ive been using them im gonna try Koi cus u heard theyre better
    Last edited by iKillburger; 02-20-2005, 06:52 AM. Reason: typo

Comment

Yakuza Side Story, over twenty years since tha first comic book and it's still go'n (latest one is Volume 69)
      Last edited by PhaTz; 02-20-2005, 09:47 AM.

Comment

1) Cowboy Bebop + the movie (watch after ep 21 i think)
        2) Ninja Scroll (the movie - NOT the tv series, which is garbage)
        3) Neon Genesis Evangelion 1-24 (don't watch 25-26, watch the movie End of Evangelion, it's really a replacement for 25-26 after mass fan complaints, watch the original 25-26 afterwards, its some weird, fucked up existential thing trust me on this)
        4) Visions of Escaflowne (the series, movie is garbage)
        5) Trigun
        6) Naruto
        7) Princess Mononoke (movie)
        8) Spirited Away (movie)
        9) Hellsing
        10) Full Metal Alchemist

Notes:

-If you like Naruto, you'll like One Piece, and possibly Hunter X Hunter.
        -If you like Cowboy Bebop, Outlaw Star is probably the next closest thing to it

a good suggestion in choosing new animes is using www.animenfo.com, check out their Top 100 anime list (voted by people who've watched them), and check them top to bottom and see if youre interested.

Enjoy!
        top 100 basers list

Comment

dumb, anime sucks
          USS Banana after years of superior jav play has amassed 17999 kills, he is 1 kill away from 18k, Type ?go Javs FOR A GAME OF HUNT (no scorereset) -Kim
          ---A few minutes later---
          9:cool koen> you scorereseted
          9:Kim> UM
          9:Kim> i didn't
          9:cool koen> hahahahahahaha
          9:ph <ZH>> LOOOOL
          9:Stargazer <ER>> WHO FUCKING SCORERESET
          9:pascone> lol?

Comment

Originally posted by bandwagon quote
            dumb, anime sucks
            lmao yeah right and i'm the pope
            NOSTALGIA IN THE WORST FASHION

internet de la jerome

because the internet | hazardous

Comment

Hey, is this the place where the 30 year old people discuss how cool this cartoon is?
              7:Warcraft> Why don't white people hit their kids anymore?

Duel Pasta> great
              Duel Pasta> I spilled juice on my face

Tower> NATIONAL WEED YOUR GARDEN DAY

TWLB Champion Season 12
              TWLJ Champion Season 11
              TWLB All-Star Season 10
              Best undeserved TWL title winner in Trench Wars history

Comment

dumb, anime sucks
                Originally posted by Tone
                It is now time for the energy shift of the 7th root race to manifest on the 3D physical plane and uplift us back to 5D.
                Originally posted by the_paul
                Gargle battery acid fuckface
                Originally posted by Material Girl
                I tried downloading a soundcard

Comment

http://www.animesuki.com/ is where i downoad mine from
                  I don't know half of you half as well as I should like; and I like less than half of you half as well as you deserve.

Comment

I just ordered Cowboy Bebop vol. 2 DVD yesterday. I think you should too! (Tho, order vol. 1 first)
                    Regency> not in for dd lol
                    Regency> would rather eat some cock ;<

Comment

watch bleach
                      audit> and btw, im your fan!

DeeZ NuTs> time to own
                      DeeZ NuTs> got my fedex hat on
                      Azreal> LOloL
                      cook> ROFL

R.I.P VENOM

Comment

Originally posted by Voth
                        Hey, is this the place where the 30 year old people discuss how cool this cartoon is?
                        Hey, is this the place where 20 year old people buy names off the internet? Oh my bad it isn't, it's actually 2 and a half miles away from here, off the coast of loserville.

woohoo

can't you all just imagine voth is the one getting bitchslapped?
                        Last edited by Send; 02-20-2005, 03:47 PM.

Comment

Zing, he got your ass there.

I don't really watch anime anymore, since IMO there is like 1 original series and 55 rip-offs these days, but here are some that I think you should watch:

-Cowboy Bebop (get the whole series+movie, it's awesome)
                          -Outlaw Star
                          -Hellsing
                          -Ninja Scroll - the movie only
                          -Trigun
                          -Princess Mononoke (or however you spell it)
                          -EVA
                          -Gundam 08th MS Team

If you watch Naruto, only watch like the first 80 episodes at most. The series gets trite and repetitive (ninja DBZ basically) but I enjoyed those first dozen episodes for some reason. It's just that after awhile the trend of "Naruto saves everyone and will never give up" gets old.

EDIT: I agree with most of Clausehouse's list, but I know hate Spirited away. I can't say that it's a bad movie (boring IMO), but I had to watch it in 2 different classes at college (damn Animation field), not to mention when I bought the dvd before I took those classes, so I've wasted about 9 hours of my life on that damn film. And yes, it's 3 hours long IIRC.
                          Last edited by Liquid Blue; 02-20-2005, 01:25 PM.
                          My father in law was telling me over Thanksgiving about this amazing bartender at some bar he frequented who could shake a martini and fill it to the rim with no leftovers and he thought it was the coolest thing he'd ever seen. I then proceeded to his home bar and made four martinis in one shaker with unfamiliar glassware and a non standard shaker and did the same thing. From that moment forward I knew he had no compunction about my cock ever being in his daughter's mouth.

Comment

ghost in the shell 2

holy shit

just watch
                            NOSTALGIA IN THE WORST FASHION

internet de la jerome

because the internet | hazardous

Comment

Idlewild - 100 Broken Windows is only £5 on amazon.co.uk
                              Originally posted by Facetious
                              edit: (Money just PMed me his address so I can go to Houston and fight him)

Comment

Working...
                              X