No announcement yet.

Does Your Job Suck Too?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Well currently I am out of work as of last Friday, where I was making $13/h for 40 hours/w + over time....

Pros: easy work lots of benifits great ppl to work with

Cons: GOt laid off.
    "Bilbo" SS is a sophisticated chat channel, nothing more.

Comment

Originally posted by Suzie-Q
      im in the year above, so i just missed out on that . dont u get like £100 bonus for not missing any lessons?
      yep!

it's kind of annoying though because there are often times where i dont want to go to a particular lesson. but sometimes it is worth the £30 not to go

Comment

Originally posted by Mr. Peanuts
        I doubt many people here could make the equivalent of that in a week.
        Jackie Chan says he gets 650$ a week taxi cabbing.
        A man who desires nothing is invincible.

Comment

Originally posted by NaiLed
          yep!

it's kind of annoying though because there are often times where i dont want to go to a particular lesson. but sometimes it is worth the £30 not to go
          Yeah, we have to get these fucking arsehole cards signed by all teachers before we can be eligible for pay, its such a fucking bastard.

Comment

I work for Washington mutual in the accounts payable department.

cons:

The job is so boring, this forum starts to seem interesting
            Occasionally asked to work saturdays
            pretty much a dead end job
            very few cool people work on my floor.
            I really just don't care about it.
            money sucks, but seems in proportion to the work.

pros

easy
            get to wear headphones
            lax dress code
            http://www.trenchwars.org/forums/showthread.php?t=15100 - Gallileo's racist thread

"Mustafa sounds like someone that likes to fly planes into buildings." -Galleleo

Comment

Wait, you guys get PAID to go to school?
              USS Banana after years of superior jav play has amassed 17999 kills, he is 1 kill away from 18k, Type ?go Javs FOR A GAME OF HUNT (no scorereset) -Kim
              ---A few minutes later---
              9:cool koen> you scorereseted
              9:Kim> UM
              9:Kim> i didn't
              9:cool koen> hahahahahahaha
              9:ph <ZH>> LOOOOL
              9:Stargazer <ER>> WHO FUCKING SCORERESET
              9:pascone> lol?

Comment

The current lower sixth do. <_<
                Reinstate Sarien
                ph> AND THEN ME AND THE PLOINKIES WILL HEAD DOWN TO THE LOCAL CRUFFER FOR TEA AND WONKETS

Hal Wilker> Need I look recall the statement? And Suh.. control ya ho

"no, it's Monday, which of course means it's ethnic day, so ill be going with Rosalita"

Comment

Originally posted by Rudy
                  I'm a terminal operator with the largest privately owned rail company in Australia. Currently my job consists of processing every truck that brings freight in and out of a our newly relocated Sydney line.

Pros:
                  • I'm pretty much my own boss during the day because my bosses themselves are located in the main offices almost a kilometre down the road.
                  • The work is pretty easy, mainly data entry and keeping logs.
                  • I make no less than $1000 a week

Cons:
                  • No less than 9.25 hours a day, six days a week. It's rather tiring and the mental strain does get to you.
                  • Fucking customers calling up every fifteen minutes wondering why their trucks are not being loaded/unloaded. I end up making excuses, most of which are bullshit, because frankly I haven't got a fucking clue what goes on outside.

It doesn't suck, but it can be stressful when you're not properly informed of every single thing that is happening throughout the day.

I had that job at UPS for a month....during the summer. Didn't get that good pay though :P
                  Originally Posted by HeavenSent
                  You won't have to wait another 4 years.
                  There wont be another election for president.
                  Obama is the Omega President.
                  http://wegotstoned.blogspot.com/

Comment

Originally posted by Mr. Peanuts
                    Yeah, we have to get these fucking arsehole cards signed by all teachers before we can be eligible for pay, its such a fucking bastard.
                    yes. fuck i hate them.

Comment

I word in a food store. Its nice i get all "free" food and candy i want!

Comment

I just babysit right now. Every Friday night I babysit from 10PM to 1AM, so that's an easy $15 a week to sit around watching TV and eating their food. I do babysit other times too, whenever someone needs me. Once I babysat from 9AM to 11PM and made $100; it was great I am applying for a job at a pizza place semi-near me, because someone is quitting Tuesday so I'm going to apply :P
                        Pandagirl!

(ph)>12 is just right

In the most dangerous game...warping will only prolong your defeat. ?go warpwars -Chao <ER>
                        1:Chao <ER>> what the FUCK?
                        1:Chao <ER>> I just adverted and no one came
                        1:Chao <ER>> at all
                        1:Mantra-Slider> chao
                        1:Mantra-Slider> you are in the wrong arena
                        Panda <ZH>> ?find chao <ER>
                        Chao <ER> - hero

Comment

Heh well usualy at summer i work in a gym close by. Since my parents know the owner they managed to get me a part time job at summer wich consists on giving aerobics and step classes, i used to get the morning classes so i had lots of free time to enjoy the summer with my friends and still receive some money. I received 17 € for each class but sometimes it gets tiresome and you must be in really good shape to be able to do it nicely.
                          A kiss is a rosy dot over the 'i' of loving.

Cyrano de Bergerac

Comment

I work usually once a week babysitting my neighbor's five-year-old twins. All I do is watch movies.

Pros:
                            • I just watch movies.
                            • $8 an hour and $15 an hour when the twins' friends come over
                            • It's the only work I can get because I'm 14 and I don't have a Greencard yet (I moved from Canada to the US 4 years ago and immigration is all paranoid after 9/11)

Cons:
                            • It's usually on a Friday or Saturday night.
                            this is a dated signature

FREE GHB, PH
                            (:3=

Comment

I wish the game stores had hired me(GameCrazy I applied for a Shift Leader and EB Games as a regular employee), GC wanted me, all four managers wanted to hire me, but because of that stupid survey/personality test type thing they have you take when you apply(y'know the one where you answer strongly agree, agree, etc etc) I scored 1 point in the yellow(green, yellow and red) and they said because of that technicality I couldn't get hired.

I hate that when you have to tell them what they want to hear and hire you like a robot rather than hire you for what you can actually bring to the table.

And EB Games I didn't persue that hard.

"There are those who said this day would never come. What have they to say now?"
                              .Halo.

Y'know... if you were any stupider, I swear death by laughter would be a real medical occurance.

Comment

Ema Sucks

All my friends in college get £30 a week, and its like wtf, just because y parents have decent jobs i dont get free money :/

Im stuck working the 10-4 sunday shift at Argos, but i cant complain at £6.75 an hour! ^-^

My friend workis in the Brighton Virgin megastore, she says its a nightmare!! haha suzie :greedy:
                                :whistling

Comment

Working...
                                X