No announcement yet.

Does Your Job Suck Too?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• I make $7.35 an hour to wash dishes at an italian restaraunt.

Pros:

1 free Italian meal, and all the soda I can drink.
    I only work 11 hrs a week.

Cons:

Washing dishes sucks
    I work Saturdays and Sundays 5-11 or 5-10 (it varies each day)
    Did I mention scraping shit off of dishes and washing them sucks?
    Originally posted by Tone
    Women who smoke cigarettes are sexy, not repulsive. It depends on the number smoked. less is better

Comment

• Originally posted by Jeenyuss
      Yea it seems like he's been reviving threads all over the place.

I haven't had a job but I have an interview at a movie theatre today. Pros'll be free movies anywhere in the city, cons'll be that it's actually work... and I'm lazy.
      I'm pretty sure I fucked up the interview. Well atleast I'm hoping I fucked up the interview because in all honesty I have too much on my plate right now and like I said, I'm lazy.
      Originally posted by turmio
      jeenyuss seemingly without reason if he didn't have clean flours in his bag.
      Originally posted by grand
      I've been afk eating an apple and watching the late night news...

Comment

• Originally posted by Bioture
        i'm currently an offsite intern for quest diagnostics.

Pros:
        -$23 an hour.
        -20 hours a week.
        -no one really checks if i'm actually working the full 20 hours so i just get paid for 20 hours of work.
        -the work is easy. a typical weeks worth of work can be done in 5 or so hours.
        -you get a nice IBM laptop

Cons:
        -The laptop isn't yours
        -people think you're working 20 hours and sends you more work towards the end of the week and expects you to work over the weekend to finish it.
        -lack of perks
        -i'm not motivated enough to do the work most of the time
        -100s of company emails daily about insignificant stuff they want you to do
        -signing on to company intranet is a pain
        -i gotta use NIKU because everyone else is
        -repetetive tasks

Did you used to live in Reno, Nevada?

Comment

• Originally posted by Sleepy Weasel
          I TA for a highly disorganized professor who only ever assigned 1 homework so I don't have anything to grade and never gave me office hours. The class doesn't have sections so I don't have to teach.

Pros:
          I get paid $5000 for working 5 hours in the semester so far.

Cons:eventually I might have to grade the midterm.

University jobs where they have no idea if you're actually doing anything or not but pay you anyway are awesome.
          I want your job.

Comment

• but I'm getting paid less than minimum wage so it all evens out
            Isn't the whole point of minimum wage to, you know, have a minimum wage that you don't get less than?

I don't understand economics (But I get paid a nice $10 an hour, where minimum wage is something like $8:50)

Originally posted by Disliked
            Imagine a world without morals... it would be like the tw community
            +++ Divide By Cucumber Error. Please Reinstall Universe And Reboot +++

Comment

• Minimum wage (here anyway) only applied to those above the age of 21. There's a sepearte minimum wage for 18-21 and none for under 18 (I think).

Comment

• Telemarketing for the past 5 months. First 2 months selling magazines and then 3 months collecting money for the rescue helicopters.

Pros:

At the moment only 2 evenings / week.
                I can surf the web if I'm bored.
                Good working environment.
                I can almost see the office from my appartment.

Cons:

Doesn't pay much (I'm also studying so I don't have much time to work)
                It's been getting very boring. I almost quit a few weeks ago but the boss told me to work only 2 evenings / week.
                This chick tried to hit on me at a company party, so at times being there is kinda awkward.
                My boss is a pregnant chick, a hormone factory
                I can only work from 4pm to 9pm.
                I drink too much coffee.

So many cons, I guess I hate my job, but I really need the money. Studying alone gives me 404e/month, my monthly expenses are rent 227, electricity 10e(?), internet 20e, cell phone 20e, beer/food/cd's shitload of cash.
                last.fm - Keeping it short

Comment

• lol

wow that took me super ages to read all your jobs.
                  im 21 nearly 22 and ive had alot of jobs ranging from mc donalds to pc engineering to office work and building work, right now im learning php in my spare time while my new job is £7 hour to add 6 items onto ebay every half an hour so i get lots of time to read posts :P

im not permanent yet so perks arnt here but they will consist of:
                  comission on sold stuff
                  money off of electrical stuff

pretty ez 9 - 5 mon - fri job
                  :eek:
                  HTF <ER>> yes because i like 14 year old boys pretending to be female
                  Lance> Here is BCG's song
                  Social Lif> i bet u stole it fron utube >.>
                  HTF <ER>> thats what gets me hot
                  :eek:

Comment

• My job sucks in the fact that it's uber, and I mean uber boring. I work security for a mail order pharmacy that is now just a call center since they closed down the perscription factory in the back(yes, the company was making drugs in the back <_<) and so now we don't even have to worry about alarms anymore, though we still have dumb people. I make $9.25/hr which isn't bad, 40 hours a week, 48 hours every other week.

These past two weeks though have been pretty awesome, 8 hours of over time last week, 16 hours this week, though the only problem is I technically will be working 15 days straight with no day off(I went into work last Wed morning, went in again Thur morning, then came in Thur night into Friday morning, Sat, Sun, Mon night, Tue night, tonight[Wed], into tomorrow morning, Fri morning, Sat, Sun, Mon night, Tue night into Wed morning), so yeah, I have a long haul ahead of me, but an awesome check coming my way.

Now I don;t have to sell my kidneys for the XBox 360.

"There are those who said this day would never come. What have they to say now?"
                    .Halo.

Y'know... if you were any stupider, I swear death by laughter would be a real medical occurance.

Comment

• I work here, the money is £7.50 an hour, but i have it with a passion.

www.argos.com
                      :whistling

Comment

• ah, nm
                        Last edited by SEAL; 10-19-2005, 02:49 PM.

Comment

• im co-oping at a physio therapist clinic and I do all the jobs of a physio therapist assistance which is a pretty decent paying job if I decide to get into it after highschool. When im not busy which i never am i get to work out on the machines or use their computers. There's a bunch of massage therapists and kinesiologist there too.
                          Last edited by Cops; 10-19-2005, 09:55 PM.
                          it makes me sick when i think of it, all my heroes could not live with it so i hope you rest in peace cause with us you never did

Comment

• Originally posted by Theif of Time
                            Isn't the whole point of minimum wage to, you know, have a minimum wage that you don't get less than?
                            That only applies to businesses. Then can pay you whatever they feel like for babysitting.
                            Pandagirl!

(ph)>12 is just right

In the most dangerous game...warping will only prolong your defeat. ?go warpwars -Chao <ER>
                            1:Chao <ER>> what the FUCK?
                            1:Chao <ER>> I just adverted and no one came
                            1:Chao <ER>> at all
                            1:Mantra-Slider> chao
                            1:Mantra-Slider> you are in the wrong arena
                            Panda <ZH>> ?find chao <ER>
                            Chao <ER> - hero

Comment

Working...
                            X