dvorak keybaord layout

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by ZeUs!!
    Most important question: Where does the DVORAK name come from?
    The guy that invented this keyboard layout in the 1920's was called August Dvorak.
    5: Da1andonly> !ban epinephrine
    5: RoboHelp> Are you nuts? You can't ban a staff member!
    5: Da1andonly> =((
    5: Epinephrine> !ban da1andonly
    5: RoboHelp> Staffer "da1andonly" has been banned for abuse.
    5: Epinephrine> oh shit

Comment

Originally posted by Rosstones
      only a nerd would bring up such a topic

edit: fuck you
      http://www.trenchwars.org/forums/showthread.php?t=15100 - Gallileo's racist thread

"Mustafa sounds like someone that likes to fly planes into buildings." -Galleleo

Comment

Originally posted by Nockm
        Shit now I have a use for one of the zillion spare keyboards lying around, as someone above said, just pull out the keys and re-arrange 'em.
        If I send you my keyboard, will you do it for me too? (My keys are all identical of shape)

Maybe you could use typex on your keys and then write on that with black marker instead :P

You can plug in 2 keyboards simultanious and switch between them, so at home there should be no problem with that, other than that you have to set the keyboard 'language'.
        You ate some priest porridge

Comment

so if this is so much better than qwerty, why was qwerty ever popular?

Comment

QWERTY was used because of the mechanics of typewriters at the time. With QWERTY keyboards, the keys are located so that common combinations of letters are spaced far apart. Dvorak supporters say this is inefficient and slows down typing. In a sense, that is true. The reason was that the original typewriters where prone to jamming when letters were typed in too quickly. Separating common combinations not only helps by slowing you down, but more importantly, they are also less likely to jam because the bars underneath the keys are farther apart. With today's technology, that problem is no longer a factor, but after years of the QWERTY set up, people just got too used to it to change.

Comment

Originally posted by ZeUs!!
              Most important question: Where does the DVORAK name come from?
              Its common czech surname - so one of our immigrants B) Correctly Dvořák - i guess u dont see those symbols
              Plutarch: "To find a fault is easy; to do better may be difficult."

Comment

Working...
              X