No announcement yet.

Do You Have a Higher Purpose?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I feel we're pretty insignificant. Seeing pictures like this convince me of that (most of those points of light are galaxies).

And this represents a very, very small portion of the sky. Probably about as much sky as a full moon takes up. And there are probably more galaxies that were too faint to make it into this image.
    Last edited by Saturn V; 04-02-2005, 12:19 AM.
    Ferengi Rule of Acquisition #98: Every man has his price.

Comment

Originally posted by Benno
      He might have had to wait a while?
      ok nine its me vs the olcholaol right now,,, i will win.. oh yes,. i feel ok now. alright.
      Ripper>cant pee with a hard on
      apt>yes u can wtf
      apt>you need to clear the pipes after a nice masturbation
      apt>i just put myself in a wierd position
      apt>so i dont miss the toilet
      Ripper>but after u masterbaition it usually goes down
      apt>na
      apt>ill show you pictures
      apt>next time I masturbate

Comment

Although I am american me and some kickass foreigners are destined to kick all kinds of ass in the white house while yelling KILLUMINATI.

dont know what im talking about then click
        Last edited by Cleve-YB; 04-03-2005, 01:31 AM.

Comment

Originally posted by Saturn V
          I feel we're pretty insignificant. Seeing pictures like this convince me of that (most of those points of light are galaxies).

And this represents a very, very small portion of the sky. Probably about as much sky as a full moon takes up. And there are probably more galaxies that were too faint to make it into this image.
          enjoy hubbles images, because after hubble re-enters and burns up soon, there will not be another optical space telescope for a very long time. hubbles replacement will be infared.

Comment

Originally posted by Tone
            enjoy hubbles images, because after hubble re-enters and burns up soon, there will not be another optical space telescope for a very long time. hubbles replacement will be infared.
            I'm well aware of that. However, the JWST will have some optical capabilities, but yes, it's main purpose will be infrared (which is really useful for what it's trying to do--view redshifted objects).

I will miss Hubble, but it's not the end of the world. Some ground telescopes are better optically than Hubble, and as adaptive optics improve, the images may be as clear as Hubble before long.

Wait, lemme guess, you don't like the idea of an infrared telescope because you can't see infrared, right? Damn cloaking electromagnetic waves.
            Last edited by Saturn V; 04-04-2005, 11:41 PM.
            Ferengi Rule of Acquisition #98: Every man has his price.

Comment

Originally posted by Saturn V

APOD has been my homepage for over 8 years now... best site on the Internet =)
              Epinephrine's History of Trench Wars:
              www.geocities.com/epinephrine.rm

My anime blog:
              www.animeslice.com

Comment

Originally posted by kites
                I have a dream of becoming the next Rocket Boy.
                Originally posted by Facetious
                edit: (Money just PMed me his address so I can go to Houston and fight him)

Comment

Yes I do think i'm here for some higher purpose. I also think i'm in some way better than everyone else, it's not arrogance, it's just true.

Saying that, I don't know what my purpose is.. so for now i'll just sit around playing subspace.

Comment

Working...
                  X