The Office

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• The Office

First off, I acknowledge that I'm getting on this train in a kind of tardy fashion. This show is fucking genius.

Second, a question--is the Territorial Army akin to the US' National Guard?
    Music and medicine, I'm living in a place where they overlap.

Haha, its hillarious. I believe we have the original, british one at work for rent.
    DELETED

Comment

That show totally rawks
      Every time I see that show I'm always like...man this is really happening somwhere
      I don't know how to put this but I'm kind of a big deal...

Comment

Are you talking about the british or the american version?

Most brits ive talked to seem to think theyve totally ruined the show on the americanized version.
        :wub: GammaHydroxyButyrate :wub:

Comment

British version.

Comment

I own the british version on DVD, it's awesome but at times so extremely painful to watch.

Comment

Martin Freeman's character is awesome.

Comment

If you like The Office you should try to see one of Ricky Gervais live shows, he's hilarious.

And Martin Freeman is awesome yeah, he also had a small funny role in Love Actually.

Comment

Originally posted by Dabram
                  If you like The Office you should try to see one of Ricky Gervais live shows, he's hilarious.

And Martin Freeman is awesome yeah, he also had a small funny role in Love Actually.
                  yeah the Animal one is pretty good
                  Reinstate Sarien
                  ph> AND THEN ME AND THE PLOINKIES WILL HEAD DOWN TO THE LOCAL CRUFFER FOR TEA AND WONKETS

Hal Wilker> Need I look recall the statement? And Suh.. control ya ho

"no, it's Monday, which of course means it's ethnic day, so ill be going with Rosalita"

Comment

Originally posted by Mythrandir
                    I own the british version on DVD, it's awesome but at times so extremely painful to watch.

Ya, watching it is sometimes really, really painful. I loved the coffee cup bit in the first season though.

Comment

Bah, I only just realised you Americans have made some kind of remake of The Office. Why don't you just show the original series? Afraid your audience won't understand 99% of the jokes?

Anyway, I hope it'll be as funny, doubt it though...

Comment

yeah, if you liked The Office, try getting Ricky Gervais' standups. There's 2, Animals and Politics.

Comment

Yeah, The standup was much funnier, and yeah the TA is an army for people who want to do it part-time, on weekends and stuff while they work full time in normal civilian jobs.

Comment

Originally posted by ConcreteSchlyrd
                            First off, I acknowledge that I'm getting on this train in a kind of tardy fashion. This show is fucking genius.

Second, a question--is the Territorial Army akin to the US' National Guard?
                            If the US' National Guard is a kinda semi professional reserve army then yes its the same as the TA.

my understanding of the TA is that you have your normal job but then go for weekend army training and if they need more ppl (or support for the proffesional full time army) in war scenarios then your the first lamb to the slaughter .. i mean first called up.

Generaly wannabe nerdy toguh guys who think guns are cooler than football, women and beer combined in an evening on a beach somewere nice and sunny join the TA. Ehm that might be a little harsh or wrong as well i'm not 100% sure becuse i've never had any interest in army or TA
                            In my world,
                            I am King

sigpic

Comment

I'm not sure but www.xfm.co.uk might still hold archives of clips of Gervais' saturday afternoon show - that was great!
                              Originally posted by Facetious
                              edit: (Money just PMed me his address so I can go to Houston and fight him)

Comment

Working...
                              X