bloc party- silent alarm

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• bloc party- silent alarm

I bought this cd when it was released here in the US (mid-march), but they're probably old news for you Brits. I've been listening to it about 2-3 times a week, and every time i hear it, it gets better. They have a somewhat familiar sound, kind of pixies-ish in certain songs, and sort of police-ish in other songs, but they totally have their own sound.

The beats they use in some of their stuff is just awesome, like Positive Tension, for example. Just unusual, and kind of off-balanced, but still totally cohesive when the layers of sound kick in. Everytime I hear the album from back to front I pick up on some new thing I get intrigued by.

Totally recommend this album if you like alt-rock. So far, it's my fave album of '05.

Went to see them a couple of months ago - really good. I like the way they hardly chat onstage, kinda understated presence about them, they just play their songs. The drummers got mental bitch tits

Did you know the singer Kele changed his name from Roland for obvious reasons?
    Originally posted by Facetious
    edit: (Money just PMed me his address so I can go to Houston and fight him)

Comment

Yea, the cd booklet kind of underscores your point about them being understated. The back cover is just simple font, kind of faded, all white background. The photos are totally simple, etc.

Lucky bastard, I wonder if they're going to tour the US anytime.

Fuck! Missed them on Letterman. I guess they appeared 3 fucking days ago.

Comment

They played 50 metres from my front door - cashback!
        Originally posted by Facetious
        edit: (Money just PMed me his address so I can go to Houston and fight him)

Comment

Working...
        X