Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Ex-Wrestler Is A Crazy Idiot? Wha, No Way?!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Ex-Wrestler Is A Crazy Idiot? Wha, No Way?!

Originally from another site I like...
    Ok, brief overview. "Ultimate Warrior" is/was a pro wrestler from the late 80s and early 90s. He changed his legal name from Jim Helwig to Warrior.

recent picture:

Now here's where the fun begins:

University of Connecticut students don't like the Warrior much....

The Ultimate Warrior gave a speech infront of University of Connecticut students last night that almost broke out into a riot. Major arguments broke out after many considered Warrior's thoughts to be homophobic and racist.

People started yelling at Warrior as he spoke. Warrior at one point started yelling and stomping his feet, telling everyone to not talk while he is and to ask questions after his speech. Officers were eventually called in to calm things down.

The group that brought Warrior in, the College Republicans, apologized heavily for bringing Warrior in after the speech ended. Statements that really got the crowd upset were when Warrior said "queering don't make the world work" and told an Iranian girl to "get a towel." Warrior also admitted that he used steroids while in wrestling.

Credit: WrestlingObserver.com

OK, so he almost starts a riot...no big deal...right? Let's continue with a letter from somebody who attended:

"Hey Scott,

Long time reader, blaaaaaaaaaah blah blah. Listen, I attended the Ultimate Warrior "event" here at UConn on Tuesday night, and let me say that it wasn't as crazy as the news reports are making it out to be.

It was much crazier.

First of all, the reason it got to near-riot levels was because a group of extreme-leftist/hippies found out about Warrior and his stance on several issues and verbally attacked him from the audience every time he made an extremely-right-winged comment.

Warrior was in rare form that night. After he made a comment about how homosexuals are nowhere near on the same level as heterosexuals, which elicited an "oh my god" from a female student, he quickly replied with "Don't have an orgasm now honey, save it for later!" And when an obviously gay student started screaming at him from the back of the auditorium, Warrior replied with "I can't hear you with that thing in your mouth." Just crazy. For the record a good 3/4 of the audience were old wrestling fans who just came to see their childhood hero (like me)... it's a shame the section of students who were on a mission to cause trouble succeeded. The Warrior has been touring colleges for the last few years and this is the first time he was met with such... resistance. Anyways, here's a link from to an article in our college paper. Keep up the good work Scott

-Chris

Anyways, that's not even the good part yet. Let's move on to a recent feature at SomethingAwful.com that you can see by clicking http://www.somethingawful.com/articles.php?a=2790

You have all been put on notice, don't make jokes or THE ULTIMATE WARRIOR WILL JUMP OFF THE TOP TURNBUCKLE AND...well...pretty much do nothing but threaten you.

Wow the ultimate warrior is still alive?! lol, my brother loved wrestling so I would often have to watch it while I was growing up. Oh, the memories. I loved the undertaker....pretty morbid for a kid but, hey.

Comment

How interesting, what kind of idiot changes there name to Warrior? what a loser. I might consider changing my name to Zabuza :P

Comment

i liked sting wayyyyy better

Comment

U U U U ALLLL U! Uconn!

Comment

Originally posted by Zabuza
            How interesting, what kind of idiot changes there name to Warrior? what a loser. I might consider changing my name to Zabuza :P

The same kind of idiot that would be a homophobic, racist, right-wing republican.
            http://www.trenchwars.org/forums/showthread.php?t=15100 - Gallileo's racist thread

"Mustafa sounds like someone that likes to fly planes into buildings." -Galleleo

Comment

Heck, most wrestling fans have known that the Warrior went nuts a decade ago.

Comment

What a fucking wackjob. I'm sure glad that steroids don't do anything to your mental stability.
                Music and medicine, I'm living in a place where they overlap.

Comment

Oh man, that made me laugh something serious
                  DELETED

Comment

My question is, why did he change his name from HELWIG. thats an awesome wrestling name.

Comment

heh, the whole lawsuit stuff on somethingawful is hilarious.

Comment

Originally posted by Verthanthi
                        My question is, why did he change his name from HELWIG. thats an awesome wrestling name.
                        His middle name was Aragorn
                        Originally posted by Facetious
                        edit: (Money just PMed me his address so I can go to Houston and fight him)

Comment

Parents were probably Tolkien fans, Id just hate to be his kid.

Comment

I don't think people understand the Aragorn reference joke any more Zeus. I think that's the second one that tanked now.

Comment

is it the goddess thing?

Comment

Working...
                              X