Post Canadian Election

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Post Canadian Election

If you've been following Canadian media at all you'll know about the sponsorship scandal that has been surrounding our PM and the Liberal party. I was just wondering where do you stand at this point? There's going to be an election held thirty days after the Gomery Inquiry files it's final report.

Although I cannot see myself ever voting for the Conservative Party of Canada I'm losing faith in The Liberals. As it stands these two parties are close in the standings with the Conservative's in the lead. If the Conservatives come into power which I think is inevitable unless the Liberals pull themself out of this deep hole they've trenched themselves in then I will put forth my vote for a smaller party such as NDP, Green Party etc.
    it makes me sick when i think of it, all my heroes could not live with it so i hope you rest in peace cause with us you never did

I think it's too early to tell if the election will be next year and not sooner. All it would take is a non-confidence vote between now and then to force an early election. I expect the Liberals to try to reach out to the NDP for support by adding some of their recommendations to the budget, and even then it might not be enough to win a majority vote. Personally, I would rather have all the facts from the Gomery inquiry before an election, especially if that's the main reason we're having one.

Comment

Well it's on it's way anyway you look at it, what if the Gomery Inquiry comes back and everything thought to be true about the Scandal is true? Where do you think you'd stand then TK?
      it makes me sick when i think of it, all my heroes could not live with it so i hope you rest in peace cause with us you never did

Comment

Either NDP or Liberal, depending on how much damage the inquiry causes. While the Gomery inquiry might be the reason for another election, most of my decision would still rest on where the parties stand on the issues and I strongly disagree with the Conservatives' platform.

Comment

Bonnie Brown (L) is my resident MP and has been for as long as I can remember. Regardless of the otucome of the Inquiry I will again vote for the big L. Not only is she the best Candidate in my riding, but I still feel the Libs are the best party to vote for. Although I do like the gains the Green Party are making I still won't vote for them because of a few disagreements I have with their position as well as They have zero chance in my riding AND zero chance in canada. At most they'll get a handfull of seats, more likly they'll get 1 or 2, if that.
          The only TWO TIME TWLJ All-Star and TWLB All-Star who never played a game.

Originally posted by Richard Creager
          All space detectives come armed with tcp/ip persona blasting pistols, it's required for their line of duty. Silly of both maisoul and goddess to not know this before hand, they get what they deserved, fucking zapped, bitches.

Comment

I'm still divided on where I stand for the next election, the Liberals have dug themselves a big hole that they are trying desperately to get out of but even with that being said the Conservatives aren't that much better. I'm thinking I may not vote for either one of those parties but even as such the Green party and the NDP don't have a shot anyways.

Comment

It's a fear of mine that people will stop looking at the platforms of the different parties and vote based on their feelings against a few mistakes made by a party. This Minority government seems to be working fine, The Liberals have to reach out to other parties to get anything passed.

Comment

Bono's not happy so I'm not happy

http://www.nme.co.uk/news/112159.htm
                Originally posted by Facetious
                edit: (Money just PMed me his address so I can go to Houston and fight him)

Comment

I will be voting Conservative, I did last time and will continue.
                  Ronin

Comment

Down with the Fiberal party............ although Paul seems to be taking the high road which is Honourable.
                    "Bilbo" SS is a sophisticated chat channel, nothing more.

Comment

canada isn't a real country guys
                      can we please have a moment for silence for those who died from black on black violence

Comment

lol the guy said sorry in front of everyone. also, he was the finance minister during the scandal. i cant believe he's even trying to pull off the "i couldnt do anything about it" scene, its sad. i stopped having faith in canadian politics a long time ago. ive voted twice and im reluctant to ever vote again unless the candidate can prove themselves to be worthy. fuck the liberals, fuck the ndp, fuck the conservatives, theyre all full of shit.
                        audit> and btw, im your fan!

DeeZ NuTs> time to own
                        DeeZ NuTs> got my fedex hat on
                        Azreal> LOloL
                        cook> ROFL

R.I.P VENOM

Comment

Yeah, I'm so glad I don't live in Canada. My country is infallible and we've NEVER had any scandals or corruption. It's sad to see the way some governments manipulate their power. Seeing as how I read this one headline the other day, all Canadians must be corrupt too. I don't really have any solid logic to back up that statement, but it's true anyway.

I'd go so far as to say Canada sucks, and I'll plan on mentioning how much it sucks in future threads no matter what the relevance is to the thread itself.

(Sorry for this post being irrelevant--just wanted to make a point.)
                          Music and medicine, I'm living in a place where they overlap.

Comment

We recognize our government's faults, and we recognize the faults of yours. Criticize ours all you want, I for one don't feel insulted by the fact that you yourself don't happen to be Canadian, and don't have a problem if you have an opinion.

Comment

I have a problem with any opinion that differs from my own. Sorry TK.
                              The only TWO TIME TWLJ All-Star and TWLB All-Star who never played a game.

Originally posted by Richard Creager
                              All space detectives come armed with tcp/ip persona blasting pistols, it's required for their line of duty. Silly of both maisoul and goddess to not know this before hand, they get what they deserved, fucking zapped, bitches.

Comment

Working...
                              X